Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6421
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14052
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424587
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3662
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224946
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119219
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6822
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309856
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 663
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20325
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169459
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6398
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 869

[REQUEST] Compaq Presario CQ56-219WM Microcode Modification
#1
Question 
Hi all! I have a *somewhat* simple request.

For a long time I have wanted to upgrade the CPU of my laptop from a Pentium Dual-Core T4500 to a Core 2 Duo T9500.

I would go ahead and do the upgrade right now but I am afraid that Compaq has put a CPU Whitelist in the BIOS and if I do the upgrade it will result in a "bricked" (Until I put the old processor back in) computer.

I would check the CPU Microcodes myself but I am having a bit of trouble cracking the thing open. The Presario CQ56 has an InsydeH2O BIOS, and all the modding tools available are either for AMI or Phoenix bioses. And the one tool that is available, EzH2O is difficult to operate and i'm pretty sure It's not working right anyways.

So I am asking for some help. Could someone please tell me if THIS BIOS has the correct microcode to work with the Core 2 Duo T9500 and if not, tell me how to update the microcode list so that the motherboard will support it.

P.S: I know that the motherboard is compatible with this CPU, Same architecture, Same socket, same FSB, same TDP, I'm just worried that Compaq has whitelisted any processor that is not on the allowed list.

Please feel free to ask questions!

THANKS EVERYONE! Big Grin
find
quote
#2
Bump-o
find
quote
#3
Anyone got any suggestions?
find
quote
#4
Ok friend,
almost two words :

1. A lot of sp5xxxx.exe HP Bioses are RSA Signed not moddable (as sp6xxxx.exe)
2. Bioses Moddable not all works well and can change microcode

After this prelude, I can ask to use a Request Form like :

-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model :
-Bios Revision :
-Bios Type :
-Bios SLIC :
-Bios Link :
-Rw-everything report. How to is found at :
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/29789
-Whitelist :
-Microcode :
-Other :

Let me know
Regards

P.S. It's very difficult !

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)