Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9224
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14373
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 252
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425693
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3850
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 540
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 728
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119728
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310654
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

REQUEST Compaq Presario R3000 HP Withelist removal please
#1
Photo 
Hi everybody Smile !

I'm an humble newbie here, this is my first post after hours of searching for help... I hope I will find some assistance. By advance I want to apology for any double-post or "dumb errors/questions" I could do... learning start always with a first step.

First of all, here is what I have :
- HP Compaq Presario R3000 (Intel version)
- Motherboard 089C
- Bios version : F.45
- Kbc version : 31.45
- Actual wireless card : Broadcom Model B4306 (14e4:4320 rev.03).
- Next wireless card I tried to install ending by "error 104 - unsuported blablablabla" : TP Link model TL-WN861N

When I boot the laptop I don't see any logo of any "bios maker" (Phoenix, ...) so at this point I'm not sure of the "brand" of my bios. The laptop is currently running Linux (just to say that at this point I canno't just install Everest or CPUI-Z).

Here are my questions :
- How to know for sure the brand of my bios ?
- Any already flashed rompaq I can get from someone in order to flash the bios to either :
- Remove the withlist lock from HP
or
- Authorize the TP Link card

?

If you see any other questions I will be glad to give you all informations I can gather from the laptop.

Thanks !

Mtlx

-- EDIT --

Bios download page :
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp30001-30500/sp30341.exe

Released: 2005-05-01
File nameConfusedp30341.exe
Version:F.45
Bios name (inside the .exe) : 089CF45W

Hope this info will help :-)
find
quote
#2
(07-05-2013, 09:25 AM)mtlx Wrote: Hi everybody Smile !

I'm an humble newbie here, this is my first post after hours of searching for help... I hope I will find some assistance. By advance I want to apology for any double-post or "dumb errors/questions" I could do... learning start always with a first step.

First of all, here is what I have :
- HP Compaq Presario R3000 (Intel version)
- Motherboard 089C
- Bios version : F.45
- Kbc version : 31.45
- Actual wireless card : Broadcom Model B4306 (14e4:4320 rev.03).
- Next wireless card I tried to install ending by "error 104 - unsuported blablablabla" : TP Link model TL-WN861N

When I boot the laptop I don't see any logo of any "bios maker" (Phoenix, ...) so at this point I'm not sure of the "brand" of my bios. The laptop is currently running Linux (just to say that at this point I canno't just install Everest or CPUI-Z).

Here are my questions :
- How to know for sure the brand of my bios ?
- Any already flashed rompaq I can get from someone in order to flash the bios to either :
- Remove the withlist lock from HP
or
- Authorize the TP Link card

?

If you see any other questions I will be glad to give you all informations I can gather from the laptop.

Thanks !

Mtlx

-- EDIT --

Bios download page :
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp30001-30500/sp30341.exe

Released: 2005-05-01
File nameConfusedp30341.exe
Version:F.45
Bios name (inside the .exe) : 089CF45W

Hope this info will help :-)
It is an old request at this time but anyway, let me searching in my backups, I should have the modded bios found in this tread some years ago

I used it for a zv5000 Intel version and I installed the same wireless card as you.
find
quote
#3
I have find this: https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-S...us-updated but the file http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?6k3nx6eol7a999r is set like private...it is the file "100% HP ZV5373EA sp30341 NoWhiteList By Camiloml". I can not find it anywhere. Sad
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)