Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
Today 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 6682
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6443
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14078
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 149
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424651
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3675
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 345
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 368
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225173
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119239
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 311
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6835
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 460
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309918
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62032
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 678
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20339
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169497
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6424

[REQUEST] Dell E6230 BIOS Unlock
#1
Hello, I wanted to underclock HD4000 iGPU from i5-3320M because of heating issue of Dell E6230.
I was able to underclock CPU (using ThrottleStop) but I can't do such thing to iGPU (even Intel's Extreme Tuning Tool won't do it).
So the question is, can I get modified BIOS which allow me to tweak iGPU clocks?
Thanks for help.
find
quote
#2
Heyyo!
I am requesting a Dell Bios modification with a slight handicap in terms of reading and writing to the chip. Instead of using software tools, I have access to the chips physically using an SPI programmer (CH341A) and managed to pull both raw images from the chips themselves and can confirm I can write directly to the chips. The EFI modules can be opened and modified from the extracted files. (This laptop is locked from writing to the bios using software methods which is why I used my programmer)
I am looking to get access to unlocking pretty much all settings or any performance-related aspects such as overclocking. The I7 3540m barely hits 55-60*C when under max load with turbo enabled so there is a lot of headroom, even access to the BCLK/FSB or RAM timings would be awesome. I tried to experiment by opening and attempting to find anything to unlock the Intel HD 4000's clocks just for experimental purposes but I was unsuccessful at finding anything to do with it.
My knowledge of bios modification is pretty vague past the EFI module stage but I have backed up the original image from both 32mb and 64mb EON chips.
Model: Dell Latitude e6230
Bios Version: A20
SLIC: Dell 2.1
Link to the download from dell: https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/...erid=0h68g
I can provide the raw image files to people (in PM) who are willing to give it a go.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)