Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 78
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424344
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3603
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 263
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 194
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224296
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119156
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 267
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6775
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309655
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61951
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 608
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20264
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169235
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6319
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 811
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5779
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61176

[REQUEST] Dell Precision M6300 Extreme CPU Multiplier setting unlock
#1
Hi, I have a Dell Precision M6300 Notebook with Intel Core 2 Extreme X9000 Processor. I can't fully use the potential of the cpu by default. At the Moment I use Throttle Stop to use it at 3.4 GHz. I know that other Models like XPS-M1730 have an Option in BIOS to set Multiplier. I also would like to see Support FSB 800 MHz, now it only supports 667 MHz on a Santa Rosa Motherboard.

I have an XPS-M1710 which would have the same Option in BIOS with a Core 2 Duo 7600G CPU and I will get an Precision M90 shortly that again does not offer this Option.

Could someone please help me with a modification to make this Option available in my M6300 BIOS.

I want to use A15 BIOS. Can anybody help me please?

Dell Precision M6300
Phoenix BIOS Version A15
https://dl.dell.com/FOLDER01530796M/1/M6300A15.exe

Yours Sincerely, Jelges
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
find
quote
#3
(05-16-2020, 07:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

I attached the two screenshots.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#4
Your CPU is already running with FSB=800 Mhz. But PM965 supports maximum effective speed for DDR2 - 667 Mhz.
find
quote
#5
(05-16-2020, 08:00 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your CPU is already running with FSB=800 Mhz. But PM965 supports maximum effective speed for DDR2 - 667 Mhz.

OK, I understand. Do You think the multiplier setting could be unlocked in BIOS? A Intel RAID Rom would probably be to large to add, what do You think?
find
quote
#6
(05-16-2020, 08:07 AM)Jelges Wrote: Do You think the multiplier setting could be unlocked in BIOS?
I can't help with it.
find
quote
#7
Thank You for Your effort.
Do You know anyone who could help me? Maybe it could be done by comparing the XPS M1710 BIOS with the M6300 BIOS because the XPS M1710 has the multiplier setting when a unlocked multiplier cpu is used. I also have an XPS M1710 with such a cpu, the Core 2 Duo 7600G.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)