Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6365
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424498
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 294
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224624
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61974
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[REQUEST] Dell XPS 15 L501x A08 Unlock
#1
Hello,

I would like to request an unlocked bios for the Dell XPS L501x A08. I know theres a unlocked A06 already but I want to play around with A08 since its the newest and I've read somewhere (may not be true) that in the A08 revision, they used a titano bios so UEFI can be possible.
I would preferably like someone to guide me through this process so I can do it in the future as right now I'm pretty stuck and have no idea how to edit the files.

What I'm looking for:
+unlocked/additional menus
+uefi boot (maybee?)

What I've done so far:
+unpackage bios
+located video card bioses
+change the voltages/clocks within the same vbios and repackage them/flash bios successfully.

What I'm working on/stuck on:
+Where to start unlocking menus.

The A08 bios is here http://www.mediafire.com/?nj68s4xf2dd2jxm
find
quote
#2
Hi conscriptvirusx!

How did you manage to repackage the BIOS after altering the NVIDIA settings as I have been trying to do this for a couple of days now with no luck (Keep getting "File is 3 Bytes to big, Failed")

EDIT: You will find a PDF in post #6 of the following thread that should help you with unlocking menus ;-)

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ph...OS-modding

<center>Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.</center>
find
quote
#3
(10-13-2012, 03:22 PM)conscriptvirusx Wrote: Hello,

I would like to request an unlocked bios for the Dell XPS L501x A08. I know theres a unlocked A06 already but I want to play around with A08 since its the newest and I've read somewhere (may not be true) that in the A08 revision, they used a titano bios so UEFI can be possible.
I would preferably like someone to guide me through this process so I can do it in the future as right now I'm pretty stuck and have no idea how to edit the files.

What I'm looking for:
+unlocked/additional menus
+uefi boot (maybee?)

What I've done so far:
+unpackage bios
+located video card bioses
+change the voltages/clocks within the same vbios and repackage them/flash bios successfully.

What I'm working on/stuck on:
+Where to start unlocking menus.

The A08 bios is here http://www.mediafire.com/?nj68s4xf2dd2jxm

Hi,
Did you have any successfully for enable UEFI boot?
find
quote
#4
Bump.

Same want to know whether the A08 is compatable with UEFI.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)