Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 283
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55282
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40943
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6555
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 136
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 83
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167062
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125397
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317017
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[REQUEST] ECS G41T-TM Bios Mod ~ unique issue?
Hey all, I've got an old custom built PowerSpec PC I'm giving to my friend for some general light gaming. PowerSpec went with some OEM cutdown version of what I presume is the ECS G41T-M7, listed as the ECS G41T-TM. Both boards support DDR3, have two dimm slots, and run the same north and southbridge chipsets and controllers. The problem is, the G41T-TM will not post with a 2x4gb configuration of known supported memory, while the G41T-M7 supports a full 8gb of ram. Looking at the spec sheets for both boards, I see no hardware differences that should prevent the board from supporting a full 8gb as well. 

Is this one of those rare cases where its possible a bios mod could allow a greater memory capacity? If so, could someone either modify the G41T-M7 bios to work with the G41T-TM board, or modify the existing bios to allow this? A bios unlock for overclocking would be great as well, but isn't as important. I'd be happy to provide the current Bios as I'm pretty sure it would be [censored] near impossible to find online

If all works out I'll toss a small donation to the site--cheers

EDIT: additional G41T-TM spec sheet with board pictures

Additional Specs:
CPU: C2Q Q9500
Memory: 2 x 4GB Samsung 1Rx8 PC3--12800U-11-12-A1 Model No. M378B5173DB0-CK0 ------- Although rated at 1600 the 2gb variant of these sticks worked without needed adjustments.
find
Do you have flash programmer? If you do, and you think these boards are exact enough match, I can swap out the related BIOS modules (Setup, AMITSE, AMITSE/Setupdata) and you'd have the other boards BIOS. Unsure if that would solve the memory issue or not, for that, you may need to full crossflash the other BIOS instead, which could be done without a BIOS programmer but it would be best if you have in case it causes some things to not work or it causes a bricked board, and it's much easier with programmer.

Please link both of the actual BIOS you are discussing here, preferably with manufacturer links, but if not and you upload yourself please include all stock downloaded contents in case those need modified for reflash as well.
find
(05-05-2019, 11:32 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Do you have flash programmer?  If you do, and you think these boards are exact enough match, I can swap out the related BIOS modules (Setup, AMITSE, AMITSE/Setupdata) and you'd have the other boards BIOS.  Unsure if that would solve the memory issue or not, for that, you may need to full crossflash the other BIOS instead, which could be done without a BIOS programmer but it would be best if you have in case it causes some things to not work or it causes a bricked board, and it's much easier with programmer.

Please link both of the actual BIOS you are discussing here, preferably with manufacturer links, but if not and you upload yourself please include all stock downloaded contents in case those need modified for reflash as well.

I actually just got one today for a bricked GPU (The kind from Amazon with the alligator clips); not the nicest tool around but that should work if anything goes wrong I assume.

Here's the bios for the G41T-M7 , ECS has absolutely zero support page for the G41T-TM so I'll have to plug in that computer and pull the bios for you myself when I get home in a few hours. Thanks!
find
Here's the current bios extracted using universal bios backup tool. Let me know if you need anything else  Smile

Attached Files
.rom   ECSG41T-TM.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 26)
find
Since you have programmer, send me a dump of your current boards BIOS.
find
Alright, it's coming in the mail today, should be able to piddle around with it when I get home
find
Great, here is guide on how to setup and use - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-GUIDE-Flash-BIOS-with-CH341A-programmer
And here is main package of general CH341A software and the main driver you install (only once) - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=44663257455007472602

Try version 1.30 or 1.34, and see if you get BIOS that looks similar to stock BIOS when opened in BIOS tools. If you're not familiar with any BIOS tools, just make a backup with both of those versions and send in a single zip and I'll check. Before connecting the programmer, open all software versions one at a time and uncheck "Erase" and "Blank Check" in the "Auto" function box, so you don't accidentally erase the chip!

Then once you're ready to make some backups, >> Read, then verify, if you get "buffer and memory match or buffer and chip match etc" then save file.
find
(05-10-2019, 06:12 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Great, here is guide on how to setup and use - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-GUIDE-Flash-BIOS-with-CH341A-programmer
And here is main package of general CH341A software and the main driver you install (only once) - http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=44663257455007472602

Try version 1.30 or 1.34, and see if you get BIOS that looks similar to stock BIOS when opened in BIOS tools.  If you're not familiar with any BIOS tools, just make a backup with both of those versions and send in a single zip and I'll check.  Before connecting the programmer, open all software versions one at a time and uncheck "Erase" and "Blank Check" in the "Auto" function box, so you don't accidentally erase the chip!

Then once you're ready to make some backups, >> Read, then verify, if you get "buffer and memory match or buffer and chip match etc" then save file.

Thanks for the walk through, I did some practice on some GPUs but I'm having a [censored] of a time trying to find the bios chip on the motherboard without any kind of technical sheet. So far I've only found one chip which has given me any kind of results on google, but It appears to be voltage related. it says ROM 1 ROM 2 on the PCB next to this large chip, but I have a hard time believing that a chip that large is the bios and I have no idea how i could connect to it.

Here is a few pictures of potential candidates, the first picture contains the larger chip that has ROM written near it---let me know if you can help identify it
find
Also, I'm having trouble getting any kind of readings from any of the chips on the motherboard, Ive reattached and applied light pressure on the clip when connecting multiple times, and I've removed the ram/cmos battery but still can't seem to get any kind of reading. I know things are working properly because its worked on chips on other pcbs since I opened it up for this session. Could it be that the programmer isn't delivering enough current to the board itself? Would it be unsafe to attach and read the chip with the power supply connected?
find
(05-10-2019, 06:12 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Great, here is guide on how to setup and use - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-GUIDE-Flash-BIOS-with-CH341A-programmer

Try version 1.30 or 1.34, and see if you get BIOS that looks similar to stock BIOS when opened in BIOS tools.  If you're not familiar with any BIOS tools, just make a backup with both of those versions and send in a single zip and I'll check.  Before connecting the programmer, open all software versions one at a time and uncheck "Erase" and "Blank Check" in the "Auto" function box, so you don't accidentally erase the chip!

Hey again,

Quick update on this, unfortunately I can't identify the chip on the motherboard without desoldering them and looking at them one by one (correct me if I'm wrong), which I don't have the time to do. Would you mind working with the bios I pulled from the board in the first post instead? If not I'll probably go ahead and risk it and try to flash the other motherboard's bios on to the board.
find