Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 64
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424294
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3591
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 255
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 190
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224163
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119144
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6769
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 380
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309629
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61945
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 602
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20255
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169209
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6307
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 803
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5770
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61160

[REQUEST] ECS RC410-M - RAM Upgrade
#1
Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, but since I am new I hope you guys will forgive me about that.
My case:
My grampa has an old HP PC, which has an ECS RC410-M motherboard. This awful board only supports up to 2GB RAM. Since I have lots of DDR2 RAM laying around it would be really nice to boost my grampa's PC if you guys would get this motherboard (or the BIOS in particular) to support more than 2GB DDR2.

Apart from above: could anyone of you tell me what's the highest supported CPU by the mobo/ the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset? I might be on the wrong forum to ask, but I wanted to give it a shot though Smile

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rick
find
quote
#2
I am running Win 7 with (2) 2GB sticks of PC2-6400 (only sees 3GB) and have upgraded to a D 950 Duo core processor, also added a better Video card Nvidia 8400 -  Working A-OK   But I also would like an updated Bios to see the full potential.
find
quote
#3
The chipset should support Core2Duos, even Xeons. But I don't think the BIOS will allow them...
find
quote
#4
(04-25-2016, 01:54 PM)Do you still need to upgrade your grandpa? I have just do the same chipset HP PC with ECS RC-415ST-HM (http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c00916893) with modified bios: remove microcode of pentium 4/ celeron and replace with Core 2 Duo 65nm microcode. Now it can run well my old Core2 Duo E6600 at full speed 2.4/1066 (max Ram 3gb only when insert 2 x 2Gb Dimm). I share my mod bios here. Update it with Afuwin Wrote: Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, but since I am new I hope you guys will forgive me about that.
My case:
My grampa has an old HP PC, which has an ECS RC410-M motherboard. This awful board only supports up to 2GB RAM. Since I have lots of DDR2 RAM laying around it would be really nice to boost my grampa's PC if you guys would get this motherboard (or the BIOS in particular) to support more than 2GB DDR2.

Apart from above: could anyone of you tell me what's the highest supported CPU by the mobo/ the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset? I might be on the wrong forum to ask, but I wanted to give it a shot though Smile

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rick


Attached Files
.rom   514mod.rom (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 57)
find
quote
#5
(03-23-2017, 10:42 PM)Danny2011 Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 01:54 PM)Do you still need to upgrade your grandpa? I have just do the same chipset HP PC with ECS RC-415ST-HM (http://support.hp.com/rs-en/document/c00916893) with modified bios: remove microcode of pentium 4/ celeron and replace with Core 2 Duo 65nm microcode. Now it can run well my old Core2 Duo E6600 at full speed 2.4/1066 (max Ram 3gb only when insert 2 x 2Gb Dimm). I share my mod bios here. Update it with Afuwin Wrote: Hi there,

I'm sorry if this is the wrong section, but since I am new I hope you guys will forgive me about that.
My case:
My grampa has an old HP PC, which has an ECS RC410-M motherboard. This awful board only supports up to 2GB RAM. Since I have lots of DDR2 RAM laying around it would be really nice to boost my grampa's PC if you guys would get this motherboard (or the BIOS in particular) to support more than 2GB DDR2.

Apart from above: could anyone of you tell me what's the highest supported CPU by the mobo/ the ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset? I might be on the wrong forum to ask, but I wanted to give it a shot though Smile

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rick


This main can run Core2Duo E6600 properly with mod bios. Max Ram 3 Gbs, single channel even installed 2 x 2Gb. However it's a big jump for old PC. My father in law is very happy with this mod plus a Geforce 7300 card. Now he can surf and enjoy full HD youtube


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
find
quote
#6
I have an HP Pavilon a1420n which has the same board RC410-M. Will the file you attached work on it? Will it still support Pentium D 945 untill I get the Core2duo cpu? What is the highest core2duo it will support? Do I have to change any voltage settings?
Thanks
find
quote
#7
Hello!

In my mom's house, there is one such computer still working as a dummy. It would be interesting to pump it up.

About the RAM.

According to what I read, the maximum amount of memory is 3 GB even if 4 GB are installed. So it seems that 1 GB is trimmed.

Which kind of SO did you install in your computer? Is it a 32-bit or a 64-bit?

I know that Windows 32-bit allows only 3 GB. Perhaps, a 64-bit linux can manage more than 3 GB?

About the CPU.
You suggested a Core2 Duo E6600.
Will a Core2 Duo E6700 work well, too?
Or which will be the best processor for this motherboard?

Thank you.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)