Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST + BOUNTY] Lenovo Thinkpad P14s ...
Last Post: loadit
Today 02:23 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 75
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: Dudu2002
Today 10:53 AM
» Replies: 845
» Views: 317112
[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad E130 (H4ETxxWW...
Today 10:51 AM
» Replies: 509
» Views: 101062
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Today 08:15 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 2522
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Today 07:23 AM
» Replies: 139
» Views: 40965
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 337
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55312
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64131
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4101
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6568
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 148
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 95
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52216
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167198
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Views: 239
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Views: 328
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 145
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 126
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6333
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 138

[REQUEST] FAN CONTROL UNLOCK for asus rog G56JK
can you please make a moded version of bios 202 with unlocked fan control.

Attached Files
.zip   G56JKAS202.zip (Size: 2.22 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
Can you please post an image of your current "Advanced" section of the BIOS, scroll down and take second snapshot if needed, so I can see all available sub-sections. Do you have "Thermal Configuration" sub-section in "Advanced"?

Then also include the exact section you can see where you want fan unlocked, Thermal Config is the only place I see any type of fan/temp related controls, from there you can set two "Trip Points" and a fan speed for each of those points, but that is all.
find
(09-10-2018, 01:29 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Can you please post an image of your current "Advanced" section of the BIOS, scroll down and take second snapshot if needed, so I can see all available sub-sections.  Do you have "Thermal Configuration" sub-section in "Advanced"?  

Then also include the exact section you can see where you want fan unlocked, Thermal Config is the only place I see any type of fan/temp related controls, from there you can set two "Trip Points" and a fan speed for each of those points, but that is all.

i dont have the laptop with me right now but i do remember in the bios in advenced section there is no option thermal config in advenced i think there are options for enabling virtualization optins for integrated graphics memory size and c1e state i think but there are no such settings visable ,and to ask you under trip points do you mean for certan tempreture certen rpm like some kind of a fan curve i will post shots of the bios section later this week when i have the laptop with me.
find
OK, then I can expose the thermal config page for you. Best to wait until you have the laptop so I can see BIOS images. I don't think it's a curve you can set, more of a trip point one then fan = xx speed, and trip point two then fan = xx speed. So for example, you could set #1 at 50 degrees fan will go to 50%, and then trip point #2 65 degree fans will go 85%. That's how it appears to work to me
find
I have the laptop now and this is what my advanced tab looks like https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Db_yF7...2gGBZQ0NqI
find
Thanks, I will look into this tonight for you
find
Here is mod BIOS, many options unlocked, including the fan/temp options you wanted.
https://nofile.io/f/vEEyX6e3y1O/Asus+G56JKAS+202-Mod2.zip

Apologies if this seems like a lot or overly involved, but Asus tend to lock up their BIOS from being able to easily flash mod BIOS most of the time

First try flashing using your normal method (ie within BIOS or Asus Update tool in windows), if that fails try the following command from Intel Flash Programming Tool (FPT) included in the download. Put copy of 202M.rom mod BIOS in folder with FPT exe you plan to use. Then open command prompt at the desired FPT versions folder (select folder, hold shift and press right click, select open command window here), then issue the following command. I included two packages containing FPT, because I was not sure what your actual Intel ME version is, you can check in BIOS it should show on main screen I think, if you can't find it then just try 9.1 then 9.5 if you get into doing this method. If still no luck I will help you figure it out via MEinfoWin from several more packages.

fptw.exe -bios -f 202M.rom

The 202M.rom BIOS is only for use with FPT, for the other methods use the modified G56JKAS.202 file

If you get error with FPTw, show me image of the error, and then see below

Before that, in case it seems too complicated for you, I've also included a special Asus Flashing utility (wAsusFU) you can try instead if you want, before having to do the below if locked out otherwise.

If you cannot flash this via normal methods, from within BIOS or Asus BIOS update tool, or FPT due to security locks
please use the following guide as an example to walk you through changing the below values for your system.
You can start guide at step # since I've gathered the necessary values for you already below
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Rename the Bootefi file to the following for your system >> Shellx64.efi
If you do not see the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device on your Save & Exit BIOS page (I've enabled in the mod, so you will soon), please follow steps I outlined here for another user recently (Except keep your file named as I mentioned above)
https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-needed-Hidden-Advanced-menu-Bios-HP-Z-J-BIN-1.html#msg58324

Then disable each of these following the guide (ie use these values instead of the one it shows)
0x1 = enabled
0x0 = disabled

To change setting, you enter variable + value then press enter - example >> 0xA7 0x0

Before disabling you can check current value by inputting variable only and press enter - example >> 0xA7
Then system will show you it's current value

SMI Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xA7
BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xA8
GPIO Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xA9
find
(09-13-2018, 09:50 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Here is mod BIOS, many options unlocked, including the fan/temp options you wanted.  
https://nofile.io/f/vEEyX6e3y1O/Asus+G56JKAS+202-Mod2.zip

Apologies if this seems like a lot or overly involved, but Asus tend to lock up their BIOS from being able to easily flash mod BIOS most of the time

First try flashing using your normal method (ie within BIOS or Asus Update tool in windows), if that fails try the following command from Intel Flash Programming Tool (FPT) included in the download.  Put copy of 202M.rom mod BIOS in folder with FPT exe you plan to use.  Then open command prompt at the desired FPT versions folder (select folder, hold shift and press right click, select open command window here), then issue the following command.  I included two packages containing FPT, because I was not sure what your actual Intel ME version is, you can check in BIOS it should show on main screen I think, if you can't find it then just try 9.1 then 9.5 if you get into doing this method.  If still no luck I will help you figure it out via MEinfoWin from several more packages.

fptw.exe -bios -f 202M.rom

The 202M.rom BIOS is only for use with FPT, for the other methods use the modified G56JKAS.202 file

If you get error with FPTw, show me image of the error, and then see below

Before that, in case it seems too complicated for you, I've also included a special Asus Flashing utility (wAsusFU) you can try instead if you want, before having to do the below if locked out otherwise.

If you cannot flash this via normal methods, from within BIOS or Asus BIOS update tool, or FPT due to security locks
please use the following guide as an example to walk you through changing the below values for your system.  
You can start guide at step # since I've gathered the necessary values for you already below
https://www.win-raid.com/t3908f16-GUIDE-Grub-Setup-Var-Guide-Fix-Intel-FPT-Error-BIOS-Lock-Bit-Set-HSFS-W-Asus-or-Other-Mod-BIOS.html

Rename the Bootefi file to the following for your system >> Shellx64.efi
If you do not see the Launch EFI Shell from filesystem device on your Save & Exit BIOS page (I've enabled in the mod, so you will soon), please follow steps I outlined here for another user recently (Except keep your file named as I mentioned above)
https://www.win-raid.com/t3144f16-Help-needed-Hidden-Advanced-menu-Bios-HP-Z-J-BIN-1.html#msg58324

Then disable each of these following the guide (ie use these values instead of the one it shows)
0x1 = enabled
0x0 = disabled

To change setting, you enter variable + value then press enter - example >> 0xA7 0x0

Before disabling you can check current value by inputting variable only and press enter - example >> 0xA7
Then system will show you it's current value

SMI Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xA7
BIOS Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xA8
GPIO Lock, VarStoreInfo (VarOffset/VarName): 0xA9

I'm sorry to bother you after a year of you posting this, but by any chance do you still have the modified version of the bios on this thread? The link that is on here isn't working anymore and I'd like to modify my device.
find
BIOS posted above was possibly user specific, you'll have to send me a dump of your BIOS region. I could modify a stock version, but that can only be used if you can flash mod BIOS to your board using the standard BIOS flashing method (Within BIOS or with Asus BIOS update tool - can you confirm you can do that with any mod BIOS?) Since the original user never replied back, we don't know what method he ended up having to use.

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version. Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell). At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error give >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges
find
(05-31-2019, 10:36 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: BIOS posted above was possibly user specific, you'll have to send me a dump of your BIOS region.  I could modify a stock version, but that can only be used if you can flash mod BIOS to your board using the standard BIOS flashing method (Within BIOS or with Asus BIOS update tool - can you confirm you can do that with any mod BIOS?)  Since the original user never replied back, we don't know what method he ended up having to use.

Check BIOS main page and see if ME FW version is shown, if not then download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.  Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-Management-Engine-Drivers-Firmware-amp-System-Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder.  Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).  At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error give >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges

sorry for the late reply I have the biosreg.bin and the write command it did fail due to write protection on the bios
find