Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 4
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424195
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3563
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 256
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223901
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119108
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6743
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 358
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309547
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 571
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20227
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169168
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6272
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 774
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5742
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61123

[REQUEST] Gateway NV55S22u Unlock
#1
Hello,

I would like to be able to access any advanced settings available for this laptop, if they exist.

BIOS: v1.07, InsydeH2O Rev. 3.5
BIOS Download: Gateway Website
Model: NV55S22u
Motherboard: SJV50-SB
Processor: AMD A8 3520M

Attached images are of the current BIOS and its configuration. I can provide any other information if needed. As far as I can tell, the BIOS does not have any RSA signing/protection. I've also attached a copy of the BIOS, in case the above link isn't working.

Thanks!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
               

.zip   BIOS_Gateway_1.07_A_A.zip (Size: 3.92 MB / Downloads: 2)
find
quote
#2
(06-04-2021, 10:20 PM)gizmocodes Wrote: I would like to be able to access any advanced settings available for this laptop, if they exist.
Hi!
The mod for the same bios has already been created here. Download links are dead, but you can contact the modder. Or try this mod, in which additionally were unlocked UEFI, and many other options.
find
quote
#3
(06-05-2021, 03:28 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(06-04-2021, 10:20 PM)gizmocodes Wrote: I would like to be able to access any advanced settings available for this laptop, if they exist.
Hi!
The mod for the same bios has already been created here. Download links are dead, but you can contact the modder. Or try this mod, in which additionally were unlocked UEFI, and many other options.

Unfortunately, the BIOS from the Google Drive link didn't make any visible difference. The InsydeFlash program included wouldn't load right (no previous or new version listed, application wouldn't do anything), and using the custom BIOS with a working copy of InsydeFlash resulted in no change once flashed. Perhaps I'm missing a step?

I might try and contact that modder in the morning, hopefully they're still active.

Thanks!
find
quote
#4
(06-05-2021, 04:40 AM)gizmocodes Wrote: The InsydeFlash program included wouldn't load right (no previous or new version listed, application wouldn't do anything), and using the custom BIOS with a working copy of InsydeFlash resulted in no change once flashed. Perhaps I'm missing a step?
It would not load till you click "Start". I did so as a precaution if the launch of the program was accidental.
(06-05-2021, 03:28 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: Try again
Autoflash mode will now be active.
find
quote
#5
(06-05-2021, 05:27 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 04:40 AM)gizmocodes Wrote: The InsydeFlash program included wouldn't load right (no previous or new version listed, application wouldn't do anything), and using the custom BIOS with a working copy of InsydeFlash resulted in no change once flashed. Perhaps I'm missing a step?
It would not load till you click "Start". I did so as a precaution if the launch of the program was accidental.
(06-05-2021, 03:28 AM)Maxinator500 Wrote: Try again
Autoflash mode will now be active.
Ah, thank you! The original program from Gateway/Insyde must have been autoflash as well, since that behaved exactly like the original program did. Didn't want to press start without it detecting and showing BIOS info in case it'd try and do something funky.

I now have the advanced options menu and more unlocked. Thank you for your help!
find
quote
#6
(06-05-2021, 09:50 PM)gizmocodes Wrote: I now have the advanced options menu and more unlocked.
Glad to hear that! If so, when you tried to flash the BIOS last time, you moved the wrong file. The firmware image file from the archive with the mod that you chose for use with the original installer was with the .ROM extension, wasn't it? BIOS is a .fd file.
find
quote
#7
(06-05-2021, 10:07 PM)Maxinator500 Wrote:
(06-05-2021, 09:50 PM)gizmocodes Wrote: I now have the advanced options menu and more unlocked.
Glad to hear that! If so, when you tried to flash the BIOS last time, you moved the wrong file. The firmware image file from the archive with the mod that you chose for use with the original installer was with the .ROM extension, wasn't it? BIOS is a .fd file.
Probably. I almost avoided that, since I had 7-Zip doing a checksum on the .FD files/BIOS roms to check if it was the original or modded one I was copying, though I'm guessing since I had two keyboards on my desk, I probably did the Ctrl+C on the wrong keyboard and thus didn't actually copy/paste it. Or something to that effect at least. The two .ROM files/EC roms had the same checksum, so I didn't touch those.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)