Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 802
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108072
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3543
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9218
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8769
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14367
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425672
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 536
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227704
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119726
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 390
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7002
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 626
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310631
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62230

REQUEST HELP - HP Pavilion Dv6 4023-tx
#1
Hey guys, I am new from Hong Kong, and I am kind of noob. So please be gentle with me, I felt so blue already, you guys are my last hope.

So here is my story. I have my HP laptop Pavilion DV6 4023-tx. The GPU is not too good for gaming, so I bought this item down below.

http://www.banggood.com/EXP-GDC-Laptop-E...34367.html

It is an external adapter for desktop GPU. The manual said that I have to remove my wireless card to insert their PCI-E cable in order to run the adapter. However, my laptop does not display anything, neither the external monitor. I can hear the sound that the window started, but that's all. If I want to start my laptop normally, then I will have to turn off the PSU for the adapter. And if I turn on the PSU before the window logo show up, I might get lucky that the window can detected the adapter and try to install the driver. But once it done, it require restart, since then, the laptop back to blackscreen again, or sometimes wont even restart but shutdown. I have asked my cousin, and I did a bit of research. it seems like HP has a whitelist in the bios, therefore changing the wireless card to the other PCI-E parts will not be compatible. I am not 100% sure that it is the case, but so far I have tried everything I could and getting whitelist removal is my last hope.

I am trying to get some help from you guys because I have spent my whole month salaries into the new monitor, GTX970, adapter, and a new copy of win7 (Ship happened during the first few times attempt....).

My laptop currently has nothing on it, by that I mean except firefox and other drivers. Totally new clean install win7
I am not sure how to upload the spxxxxx.exe to you guys as I saw what other people did in their request post. Also I am not sure what is that.
But here is my current systems info. Please let me know if you guys need any more infos, I really need help from you guys, Thank you for reading.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#2
I have downloaded both of the bios, because I am not sure which one is helpful to you guys, also I have clean installed my win7 and now it is updating, not sure will it update the BIOS itself as well.

Here is the link for the default BIOS and a newer one

https://driverscollection.com/?H=Pavilion%20dv6-4023tx&By=HP&SS=BIOS

Please help me, thank you.
find
quote
#3
Can anyone help me please, in need help!
find
quote
#4
Anyone can help me out please?
find
quote
#5
Hello!
You donnt tell us full report about your laptop and bios. I manually checked your laptop at HP site and found two types of bioses. I looked at your screenshot and found your bios version is F.0F. It have update number sp54077.exe. Modder camilo already done this mod, so you can flash it. I posted link in PM. You can try this mod!
Regards!
find
quote
#6
(03-04-2016, 12:05 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello!
You donnt tell us full report about your laptop and bios. I manually checked your laptop at HP site and found two types of bioses. I looked at your screenshot and found your bios version is F.0F. It have update number sp54077.exe. Modder camilo already done this mod, so you can flash it. I posted link in PM. You can try this mod!
Regards!


Can you please let me know how do I know if my BIOS is unlocked after flash? Also, after unlocked, do I get the option to turn off my onboard graphic in the BIOS or get into the advanced page? Thank you.
find
quote
#7
Da Vinci Code

Sir, I am sorry, I must have mixed up with another file.
The file that you gave me actually cannot install, it show me this when I extract and install the .exe
InsydeFlash does not support this platform. Please use Insyde IHISI Flash
Can you please let me know what to do? I am having windows 7
Thank you.
find
quote
#8
Can someone help me please? I want to disable my onboard graphic card and run the eGPU that connected on the wifi slot.

I am getting black screen every time I start my laptop with the eGPU, I am quite sure that it is the BIOS is getting into the way.

Please help me :'(
find
quote
#9
Look here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/self...el/5104996
and find your valid bios. Then tell me what is number of update it have.
find
quote
#10
(03-05-2016, 12:32 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Look here
http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/self...el/5104996
and find your valid bios. Then tell me what is number of update it have.

Sir, thank you for the reply, it is F.0F which I found on my system information.

it should be the newest BIOS for my laptop. I am running win7.

I would love to have an option to disable my onboard graphic and be able to plug any PCI-E parts into the wifi slot. So I can run my eGPU, thank you again.

Photo for more accurate infos.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)