Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424437
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3617
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 304
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224465
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6784
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 404
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309706
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61960
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20274
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6343
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 823
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61197

[REQUEST] HP Dv7t-6b00 Quad Edition
#1
Question 
Hi guys, just found this site! Smile

I have a request for whitelist removal as per the thread title. After searching, I came across this post:

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-HP...6#pid41856 (I started a new thread as I didn't want to drag up such an old one!)

I flashed that mod and I can confirm that my whitelist has been removed, what seems to be, only partially.

I am now able to use my Atheros AR5B93 in my laptop without a hiccup, but it doesn't support my 5GHz network. I also have an Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 which I would like to get working. Currently I get the error: Wireless module not supported (706).

Would it be possible for someone to sort me out with a mod that supports my new card?

Many thanks! Shy

EDIT:

Current BIOS:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99513-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4063&product=5171043&sw_lang=
Version F.1C
find
quote
#2
Forgot to add that this is RSA signed and that I am aware of and willing to take the risk; I have semi-bricked this laptop a couple of times in the past.

There is so much interference where I live that 2.4GHz is pretty much unusable, I'm just really desperate to get connected to 5GHz, whilst hopefully avoiding having to use an ugly USB dongle!

Stock module was an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030

Cheers
find
quote
#3
Ok so I've been trying for a good few hours now to mod the bios myself with phoenix tool, but I'm having no luck. I can't locate the strings, can anyone help me out?

Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1030 (stock card - removed and replaced):
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_008B&SUBSYS_53158086&REV_34

Atheros AR5B93 (current card - after flashing camiloml's mod):
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002A&SUBSYS_663211AD&REV_01

Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMax 6250 (new card):
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0087&SUBSYS_13018086&REV_5F


EDIT: Here's a thought... Does error 706 refer to the WiMAX part of the card? So maybe I need whitelist for this as well as the WiFi?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)