Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1816
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6429
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14059
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424601
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3666
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 335
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1225008
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119225
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 306
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6825
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 452
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309868
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 670
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20331
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169468
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

[REQUEST] HP G72-259WM White list removal please
#1
I want to upgrade my WiFi card and bought an Intel 3160. After installing it I ran into the 'Unsupported Device' roadblock, which took me by surprise. It's an old machine, but after replacing the battery twice and the HDD at least once, the big, beautiful screen still looks great. I dual boot Arch Linux (which I prefer) and Win7 (which I use when necessary).

M/N G72-259WM
S/N 4CA022829H
P/N WQ668UAR#ABA
Bios Hewlett-Packard F.37, 4/7/2011
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp52501-53000/sp52604.exe

Any help is greatly appreciated and will not be taken for granted.
find
quote
#2
Hi!
You can find unlocked bios for your laptop on this page:  https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php...telists%2F
find
quote
#3
I had checked the repository and was only able to find an unlocked menu version. Now I have downloaded and installed this one.

https://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Whitelists%2F&download=sp52604_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe

Unfortunately, when the new card is installed it dies at the same point but without any message, just this screen. In other words, the NWL version makes no real difference.

[Image: iz1m1qA.jpg]

With the old card and the NWL BIOS installed it boots without complaint.
find
quote
#4
The stock card (RTL8191SE) is running in Linux and Windows with the modded BIOS. It seems to be perfectly stable.

Everything I have tried with the new card and the modded BIOS has ended up at the above screen. It seems apparent that the 'No White List' BIOS still contains some impediment.

One thing I know for sure is that I will NEVER EVER EVER buy another HP product of any kind.
find
quote
#5
Well, I did some digging and saw that white lists were added to some models' BIOS retroactively. I found some older versions on the HP support web site and noticed that the file size jumped from 4.5M to 5.8M at one point. Thinking that this may be the point where the white list was added I downloaded those older ones and gave them a try. No joy, they also block the new card.

A couple pics of said cards. Stock on left, Intel 3160 AC/Bluetooth on right. Format is the same, though pinouts are a bit different. Even though the Realtek has gold connectors for every pin, some of them are disabled by a gap between the connector and the card while Intel just leaves the connector unplated.

[Image: sfYj7CU.jpg]

[Image: jH5ExVH.jpg]
find
quote
#6
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...al-sp52604

I found the above thread, which goes back quite a few years. Numerous people had the exact same problem as me and it remains unresolved. Obviously this isn't going to happen.

Thanks for all the help.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)