Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 786
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107982
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9212
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8761
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14352
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425626
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3840
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 532
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 331
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227526
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119707
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6997
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 619
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310580
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[REQUEST] HP Notebook - 15-ba017ax Whitelist Removal
#1
Hello Gentlemen !

I need your help removing the WiFi/WAN whitelist on the bios, so that I can use the M.2 port with an eGPU adapter.
Unfortunately I'm a complete noob and not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Model Number : HP Notebook - 15-ba017ax
Bios Manufacturer : Insyde
Bios Version : F.02 Rev.A

Bios Download Link : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75634.exe 

Please let me know if more information is required
Many Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
(05-30-2017, 04:44 PM)ksh.sharma05 Wrote: Hello Gentlemen !

I need your help removing the WiFi/WAN whitelist on the bios, so that I can use the M.2 port with an eGPU adapter.
Unfortunately I'm a complete noob and not sure where to start. Any help is appreciated.

Model Number : HP Notebook - 15-ba017ax
Bios Manufacturer : Insyde
Bios Version : F.02 Rev.A

Bios Download Link : http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp75501-76000/sp75634.exe 

Please let me know if more information is required
Many Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,
           I am trying to hack the bios using the hspumanti's guide (https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-G...yde-BIOS); I am using EZH20 2.1.0.4, WINHEX. 
However, the bios is an 8MB file, as opposed to the 1MB mentioned in the guide, so I am kinda stuck trying to locate the subroutine that checks for the white-listing, as the order of the Hex values is not the same as in the guide and I could really use some help. Calling on the experts here for some suggestions and help with this process.

Regards,
ksh.sharma05
find
quote
#3
hi, if you got "wireless module not supported ,The system has detected........", i think the whitelist was detected in this module 05F7AA70-A64A-432C-8CEE-4CDECB8671D7(H19ODMServiceDriver)
find
quote
#4
(06-10-2017, 02:00 AM)WiDef Wrote: hi, if you got "wireless module not supported     ,The system has detected........", i think the whitelist was detected in this module   05F7AA70-A64A-432C-8CEE-4CDECB8671D7(H19ODMServiceDriver)

Thank you, I will check it out.
find
quote
#5
(06-12-2017, 01:41 AM)ksh.sharma05 Wrote:
(06-10-2017, 02:00 AM)WiDef Wrote: hi, if you got "wireless module not supported     ,The system has detected........", i think the whitelist was detected in this module   05F7AA70-A64A-432C-8CEE-4CDECB8671D7(H19ODMServiceDriver)

Thank you, I will check it out.

I've made a mod but I'm not sure whether it would work or something else terrible. Would you take the risk to have a try?
One more thing, I think it's difficult to flash cause the file from hp was signed and we don't have it.
*:not([class*="icon"]):not([class*="fa"]):not([class*="logo"]):not([class*="mi"]):not(i){font-family:Microsoft Yahei,global-iconfont,stonefont,iknow-qb_share_icons,review-iconfont,mui-act-font,tm-detail-font,office365icons !important;

Undecided I don't have any experience on modding BIOS, so it's on your own response to try my mod.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)