Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] CPU Support for Ryzen 5 3600 o...
Last Post: flexpavillion
Today 04:32 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 293
Clevo P775TM1-G BIOS
Last Post: ActivatedNut
Today 01:36 AM
» Replies: 145
» Views: 55284
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: colin89
Yesterday 06:16 PM
» Replies: 138
» Views: 40945
ASUS P5G41T-M LX2/GB Unlocked Hidden Ove...
Last Post: GangsteR23
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 64120
lenovo z570 Advanced Menu Unlocked
Last Post: Kaluva12345
Yesterday 04:58 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 4094
[Request] HP Elitebook 6930P WLAN Whitel...
Last Post: Maxinator500
Yesterday 02:25 PM
» Replies: 15
» Views: 6556
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 11E (N15ETxxW) Whi...
Last Post: drradkin
Yesterday 12:30 PM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 2501
Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q 2nd Gen & AMD R...
Last Post: RedfieldHUN1987
Yesterday 09:23 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 137
L14 Gen 3 AMD , Need UEFI unlock advance...
Last Post: frankeinstein2532555
Yesterday 04:08 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 84
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y400 & Y500 (6BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: freedome
03-26-2024 11:00 PM
» Replies: 188
» Views: 52166
[REQUEST] Lenovo G510 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: ghostinoss
03-26-2024 09:21 PM
» Replies: 655
» Views: 167077
[Request] CPU support for Lenovo IQ57I
Last Post: DeathBringer
03-26-2024 10:02 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 230
unlocked Bios for Machenike s16
Last Post: Dudu2002
03-26-2024 09:06 AM
» Replies: 5
» Views: 322
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Whitelist HP DV6-6...
Last Post: DimanTLT63
03-26-2024 03:03 AM
» Views: 134
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion G6-1252ss Whitelis...
Last Post: joseefitness
03-26-2024 01:40 AM
» Views: 118
[REQUEST] Lenovo S310 & S410 (8BCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: morgley
03-25-2024 10:43 PM
» Replies: 14
» Views: 6328
Acer Nitro ANV15-51 Bios Bin File Reques...
Last Post: Papethzkie23
03-25-2024 06:04 PM
» Views: 135
[REQUEST] Lenovo G710 BIOS Whitelist Rem...
Last Post: si1975
03-25-2024 01:28 PM
» Replies: 468
» Views: 125398
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
Last Post: TalKaz
03-25-2024 11:10 AM
» Replies: 844
» Views: 317020
[REQUEST] Toshiba Satellite A300D PSAK0C...
Last Post: 1000palladium
03-25-2024 10:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 227

[REQUEST] HP Pavilion dv6-6126nr sp55068 Bios Mod
Laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6-6126nr

BIOS located here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe

BIOS version is F.1B

The are 3 or 4 versions out there already, but I couldn't get any of them to work.

I am in dire need of this bios mod, as I am trying to enable features to make this laptop a Hackintosh.
Needing AHCI and other common features enabled.

Appreciate the help in advance!!!
find
Did you try using my sp55068 mod? You can find it in this post by lightskreen Big Grin
find
Donovan, I just spent the last like 3 hours going over your blog, in an attempt to mod my bios on my own.

Kudos to your work, first off. Highly admire you for being the only one, it seems, working on Insyde's horrible BIOSs.

Anyways, I did try it, but I'll attempt it again.

Currently, the machine has the stock BIOS from the HP site (the link in first post).

What are the exact steps I should take to install, and check if the features are available?

(i saw posts elsewhere online about deleting "HP_TOOLS" folders, etc.)

Holy crap!!

I tried it again, and it worked!

I didn't try changing any settings because I have tpo stop the project and call it a night. But first thing tomorrow, I will attempt to change some settings and let you know the outcome. But, I DID have the extra tabs!! Thanks so much!!!
find
Thanks! Big Grin

Just running InsydeFlash.exe should flash the new bios rom. Then you can access the advanced and power tabs in the bios setup utility. You can get to this utility by pressing F10, or something similar, when your computer starts up.

Not sure about the HP_TOOLS partition. I formatted my entire harddrive the first day I got my laptop Tongue

Lol should have waited a few more minutes before posting a reply. Nice job getting it working. If your curious, it hid the tabs by comparing their title's string ID to certain values. So it would test all the tabs and skip the initialization of those whose string ID's were equal those values.

Good luck with Hackintosh! It can get pretty challenging at times.
find
(09-01-2013, 02:27 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: Thanks! Big Grin

Just running InsydeFlash.exe should flash the new bios rom. Then you can access the advanced and power tabs in the bios setup utility. You can get to this utility by pressing F10, or something similar, when your computer starts up.

Not sure about the HP_TOOLS partition. I formatted my entire harddrive the first day I got my laptop Tongue

Appreciate the reply. I was honestly afraid I wouldn't be seeing any light shown on this for a long time.

Making this laptop a hackintosh is the one thing I need to get my music career back on track. So this is a very big deal to me. xD

Off-topic: Assuming this bios mod works correctly, are you at all familiar with hackintoshing? If so, and you don't mind pointing me in the right direction, please send me a private message. If you aren't or don't have time, I understand. :]
find
(09-01-2013, 02:35 AM)lateniteleon Wrote: Off-topic: Assuming this bios mod works correctly

Lol my bios will always work correctly. I'm one of the best Insyde bios modders around Big Grin

For Hackintosh, I'd stick with InsanleyMac and OSx86. InsanleyMac has a ton of tutorials that will help get you started. Just don't depend on tutorials and other's work too much. Also don't expect to have everything working 100% in a day. It took me several years before I was able to get to that point Tongue

One last thing, those modded bios don't lock the register than mac stores its cpu's c-state values in, so you can use the native AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext without it causing a kernel panic. And since you have an HP laptop with an intel i processor your going to need to patch your kernel the get all cores working, otherwise you'll get a Lapic kernel panic upon boot when trying to use more than one core. An easy way to do this is to use my Lapic Kernel Patcher. That's everything you need to know from me. The rest is all up to you. Good luck! Sleepy
find
(09-01-2013, 02:52 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: Lol my bios will always work correctly. I'm one of the best Insyde bios modders around Big Grin

I'll take your word on it, considering your reputation. :p

Quote:For Hackintosh, I'd stick with InsanleyMac and OSx86. InsanleyMac has a ton of tutorials that will help get you started. Just don't depend on tutorials and other's work too much. Also don't expect to have everything working 100% in a day. It took me several years before I was able to get to that point Tongue
Already on the same page there. :]

Quote:One last thing, those modded bios don't lock the register than mac stores its cpu's c-state values in, so you can use the native AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext without it causing a kernel panic. And since you have an HP laptop with an intel i processor your going to need to patch your kernel the get all cores working, otherwise you'll get a Lapic kernel panic upon boot when trying to use more than one core. An easy way to do this is to use my Lapic Kernel Patcher. That's everything you need to know from me. The rest is all up to you. Good luck! Sleepy

I THINK I understand what you're talking about here.
Where during the process would I use your patcher?
Post or pre installation?

I was going to use this tutorial to start with: http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/01/instal...ntosh.html

That even on the right track?
find
You'd patch the kernel after you get it installed and after every system update, like going from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 because that installs a new kernel.

If you go with a distro, like iatkos, then your not going learn how to maintain your system yourself. It's common for distros to have many problems after updates, so it's a much better idea to just start from scratch with the latest mountain lion download from mac's app store. Then you can learn how to make all of you hardware work yourself and you'll be able to keep everything up to date Big Grin

Also I think it's a good idea to avoid any tonymac software, like multibeast and unibeast. Hackintosh is about opensource and community efforts, and tonymac doesn't do things this way. If you want to support the hackintosh community then don't support tonymac.

You free to do go about it however you want though. Good luck! Big Grin
find
Appreciate the guidance, friend.
With that being said, I think I'll go retail. That was my original plan, until I researched more into distros.

Thanks for all the help!
find
hi
can someone unlock the bios for my hp dv6-3179la (i need the unlock the advanced option)

the drivers is https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-6...p61028.exe

thanks a lot
doxk!
find