Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424131
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309500
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[REQUEST] HP Pavilion dv6-6126nr sp55068 Bios Mod
#1
Laptop is an HP Pavilion dv6-6126nr

BIOS located here: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55068.exe

BIOS version is F.1B


The are 3 or 4 versions out there already, but I couldn't get any of them to work.

I am in dire need of this bios mod, as I am trying to enable features to make this laptop a Hackintosh.
Needing AHCI and other common features enabled.


Appreciate the help in advance!!!
find
quote
#2
Did you try using my sp55068 mod? You can find it in this post by lightskreen Big Grin
find
quote
#3
Donovan, I just spent the last like 3 hours going over your blog, in an attempt to mod my bios on my own.

Kudos to your work, first off. Highly admire you for being the only one, it seems, working on Insyde's horrible BIOSs.

Anyways, I did try it, but I'll attempt it again.

Currently, the machine has the stock BIOS from the HP site (the link in first post).

What are the exact steps I should take to install, and check if the features are available?

(i saw posts elsewhere online about deleting "HP_TOOLS" folders, etc.)

Holy crap!!

I tried it again, and it worked!

I didn't try changing any settings because I have tpo stop the project and call it a night. But first thing tomorrow, I will attempt to change some settings and let you know the outcome. But, I DID have the extra tabs!! Thanks so much!!!
find
quote
#4
Thanks! Big Grin

Just running InsydeFlash.exe should flash the new bios rom. Then you can access the advanced and power tabs in the bios setup utility. You can get to this utility by pressing F10, or something similar, when your computer starts up.

Not sure about the HP_TOOLS partition. I formatted my entire harddrive the first day I got my laptop Tongue

Lol should have waited a few more minutes before posting a reply. Nice job getting it working. If your curious, it hid the tabs by comparing their title's string ID to certain values. So it would test all the tabs and skip the initialization of those whose string ID's were equal those values.

Good luck with Hackintosh! It can get pretty challenging at times.
find
quote
#5
(09-01-2013, 02:27 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: Thanks! Big Grin

Just running InsydeFlash.exe should flash the new bios rom. Then you can access the advanced and power tabs in the bios setup utility. You can get to this utility by pressing F10, or something similar, when your computer starts up.

Not sure about the HP_TOOLS partition. I formatted my entire harddrive the first day I got my laptop Tongue

Appreciate the reply. I was honestly afraid I wouldn't be seeing any light shown on this for a long time.

Making this laptop a hackintosh is the one thing I need to get my music career back on track. So this is a very big deal to me. xD

Off-topic: Assuming this bios mod works correctly, are you at all familiar with hackintoshing? If so, and you don't mind pointing me in the right direction, please send me a private message. If you aren't or don't have time, I understand. :]
find
quote
#6
(09-01-2013, 02:35 AM)lateniteleon Wrote: Off-topic: Assuming this bios mod works correctly

Lol my bios will always work correctly. I'm one of the best Insyde bios modders around Big Grin

For Hackintosh, I'd stick with InsanleyMac and OSx86. InsanleyMac has a ton of tutorials that will help get you started. Just don't depend on tutorials and other's work too much. Also don't expect to have everything working 100% in a day. It took me several years before I was able to get to that point Tongue

One last thing, those modded bios don't lock the register than mac stores its cpu's c-state values in, so you can use the native AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext without it causing a kernel panic. And since you have an HP laptop with an intel i processor your going to need to patch your kernel the get all cores working, otherwise you'll get a Lapic kernel panic upon boot when trying to use more than one core. An easy way to do this is to use my Lapic Kernel Patcher. That's everything you need to know from me. The rest is all up to you. Good luck! Sleepy
find
quote
#7
(09-01-2013, 02:52 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: Lol my bios will always work correctly. I'm one of the best Insyde bios modders around Big Grin

I'll take your word on it, considering your reputation. :p

Quote:For Hackintosh, I'd stick with InsanleyMac and OSx86. InsanleyMac has a ton of tutorials that will help get you started. Just don't depend on tutorials and other's work too much. Also don't expect to have everything working 100% in a day. It took me several years before I was able to get to that point Tongue
Already on the same page there. :]

Quote:One last thing, those modded bios don't lock the register than mac stores its cpu's c-state values in, so you can use the native AppleIntelCpuPowerManagment.kext without it causing a kernel panic. And since you have an HP laptop with an intel i processor your going to need to patch your kernel the get all cores working, otherwise you'll get a Lapic kernel panic upon boot when trying to use more than one core. An easy way to do this is to use my Lapic Kernel Patcher. That's everything you need to know from me. The rest is all up to you. Good luck! Sleepy

I THINK I understand what you're talking about here.
Where during the process would I use your patcher?
Post or pre installation?


I was going to use this tutorial to start with: http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/01/instal...ntosh.html

That even on the right track?
find
quote
#8
You'd patch the kernel after you get it installed and after every system update, like going from 10.8.1 to 10.8.2 because that installs a new kernel.

If you go with a distro, like iatkos, then your not going learn how to maintain your system yourself. It's common for distros to have many problems after updates, so it's a much better idea to just start from scratch with the latest mountain lion download from mac's app store. Then you can learn how to make all of you hardware work yourself and you'll be able to keep everything up to date Big Grin

Also I think it's a good idea to avoid any tonymac software, like multibeast and unibeast. Hackintosh is about opensource and community efforts, and tonymac doesn't do things this way. If you want to support the hackintosh community then don't support tonymac.

You free to do go about it however you want though. Good luck! Big Grin
find
quote
#9
Appreciate the guidance, friend.
With that being said, I think I'll go retail. That was my original plan, until I researched more into distros.

Thanks for all the help!
find
quote
#10
hi
can someone unlock the bios for my hp dv6-3179la (i need the unlock the advanced option)

the drivers is https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61001-6...p61028.exe

thanks a lot
doxk!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)