Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6370
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424502
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3627
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 316
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224633
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119179
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309750
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169386
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6358
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[REQUEST] HP Pavilion dv8-1200 series Whitelist Removal
#1
Hi,

I would appreciate if you could make this modification, to remove the White List. I try to remove by my self by following the reply of eliquel from post of hspumanti (General method to remove whitelist from Insyde BIOS)try to modify the 84C075 to 84C0EB in the Error 104 part, without success Angry

My bios is the 2MB version of the insyde bios and from what say hspumanti ( See Quote), so the 84C075 may not be the right code to modify or I did something wrong.

Quote:The 2MB is a completely different animal... if I can find where it does the test

if needed the ID of the wireless card.
Original Cards, Intel Centrino Advanced 6200 AGN ID#: 8086 4239 1311 8086
New Cards, Intel Centrino Advanced 6230 AGN ID#: 8680 9100 8680 0152

If you prefers the HP download link:HP Insyde Bios F25

Attached File Bios 7001.bin Version F25

Thank you Very much

Edited by moderator: Just whitelist removal in this section.
find
quote
#2
Uploading now test file non whitelist. Test it and tell me. Locate in second HERE of my signature.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#3
(08-21-2011, 05:54 PM)camiloml Wrote: Uploading now test file non whitelist. Test it and tell me. Locate in second HERE of my signature.


Sorry it did not work, the Error 104 message no longer appear but windows does not boot, but it's work whit my old wireless cards. Inside the bios in the main windows
the Wlan FCC ID of the cards was not displayed, but is displayed whit my original cards

Thank

I have another type of question? about rules can I ask this question here? I will wait just in case I cannot ask here.
find
quote
#4
Thee's no more rules here other than common sense and respect. So use both them and fell free to ask if you have any doubt.Wink

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#5
(08-22-2011, 04:07 AM)camiloml Wrote: Thee's no more rules here other than common sense and respect. So use both them and fell free to ask if you have any doubt.Wink


I should have not create a new threads at the right place, in the Wifi / WWAN white lists removal, I should have continue to post it in the Insyde Bios Unlocking Requests?

About the modification you did inside the bios, can you tell me what you change inside the bios? did you have any new idea about the modification to do?Smile
find
quote
#6
Without the laptop in my hands i can only dissasemble the bios and try to patch what it seems to me it is the whitelist check. Once i know the schema i can do faster, but this bios is yet unknown to me so it will be trial error thing.

BIOS REPOSITORY.Please consider donating (me or forum) if you like my work.
Please remember to come back and leave feedback. I hate leech and disappear thing.

Nice day.
Camilo.
find
quote
#7
(08-22-2011, 12:13 PM)camiloml Wrote: Without the laptop in my hands i can only dissasemble the bios and try to patch what it seems to me it is the whitelist check. Once i know the schema i can do faster, but this bios is yet unknown to me so it will be trial error thing.

While Waiting, I modify the bios whit the new ID # from 8086 4239 1311 8086 to 8680 9100 8680 0152. Theoretically if I change the ID in list itself whit the ID of the new cards it should work?

The other trouble is when I use the Insyde Flash that come whit the bios you have modified yesterday whit the file I have modify I receive There isn't any ROM file in this directory, or load File: File may not have EC rom!... Any Idea why it's not working?

the blue # are the ID of my original cards
[Image: 9i7n05.jpg]
find
quote
#8
If somebody can remove the withe list from a insyde bios 2MB version.

Laptop model: HP DV8T-1200
Original Wireless Adapter: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6200 AGN
New Wireless Adapter: Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 AGN + Bluetooth
Bios Link:HP Bios
Bios RSA Signed: Don't seam to be signed with a RSA Key, I could not find the Andy's Phoenix Tool I used the Phoenix Dell/EFI Slic Mod V.1.91 tool


Thanks,


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#9
-Manufacturer: HP
-Model: HP Pavilion DV8-1250ea
-Bios: F.25, sp49106
-Bios Download: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49106.exe

Whitelist removed please. I have found a link to sp49106 with whitelist removed but after a week of searching every link has the file missing or archived.

I acknowledge the risk and i've donated as this issue is really bugging me Smile

Thanks
find
quote
#10
I noticed there is a sp49106 in the repository. I tried it and it works. However, I was running a whitelist removed version of this bios. Is there any way to combine these two?

Also, I was looking for a way to manually change my RAM timings. The ram I have is rated/tested t 9-9-9-24, but it seems the bios is hardcoded to 7-7-7-20. i see the arrandale chipset settings are basically to control the RAM speed. 800/1067/1333 MHz. no matter the speed set, memtest86 always reports 7-7-7-20 as the timings.

A side note, and maybe this might not be the place to ask, but....

The computer has 2x8GB sticks so 16GB total. I know hp says "max 8gb" but c'mon 64-bit architecture can surely address more than 8GB. In fact, the computer boots fine in [32bit] ubuntu 12.04, reports 16gb and runs fine. However, it starts to boot then reboots in [64bit] windows 7 or [64bit] os x 10.8 . I suspect the ram spd is being ignored in these oses, causing the ram to be overclocked, but linux is honoring it?

This is a dv8t-1200 btw.

Original bios if needed:
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp49001-49500/sp49106.exe

Advanced Tab enabled:
http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/Insyde/sp4...miloml.exe

Whitelist removed:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12374710/dv8_F.2...d_bios.zip
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)