Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 97
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424413
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3613
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 276
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 203
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 303
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224451
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 271
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6782
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 401
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309702
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61958
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20273
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169267
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6341
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 821
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61195

[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1200 (AMD) Whitelist Removal
#1
Hey. I've been searching the internet about how to unlock my bios and I have not found anything. I'm interested enough to remove the whitelist to use any other wireless card.

My notebook is this:

HP Pavilion G6-1252ss
Bios version: F.46 http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56404.exe
Insyde Rev. 3.5

Thank you very much!

PS: This post I've written with the help of Google Translate!
find
quote
#2
Laptop: HP Pavilion g6-1201sy
Current wlan: Realtek RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter (PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_1629103C&REV_01)
New wlan: Intel WiFi Link - 512AN_HMW
- Bought from ebay
- Can't find out the dev,ven,subsys. Tried this method , card still doesn't show up on windows. If these are needed, point me to the right way of doing this, please. Googleing did nothing.

Problem: Using the new wlan card, I get the error
Wireless module not supported
The system has detected a Wireless module installed in the system is not supported ("100% truth"). Please remove device and restart
WLAN Module ID (702)

Tried:
- Searching for currently whitelisted modules in the contents of a bin file and rom files in a DUMP folder (using Phoenix tools to decrypt and Hex Editor Neo find in files feature) - no results more than 4 hex symbols, checked all subsys (third and fourth 4 hex symbols, I guess)
By the way, whitelisted modules are these
[Image: 51adfe52e1210.png]
- Flashing with this modded bios: http://www.bios-mods.com/BIOS/index.php?dir=Whitelists%2F&download=sp55451_NWL_ByCamiloml.exe -
in result, bricked the bios and restored it the next day
- Searching for any other way, but all I got was either requests or something from the outer space I coundn't understand Big Grin

Now all I have left is to please anybody here to help me with this problem, either by removing whitelist or replacing existing whitelisted model (better except current one). Angel
Or anything else, after many hours of googleing I don't even

BIOS:
- File used - 03564F53.bin
- Status: EFI / Insyde BIOS
- Identifiers: Header INSYDEH2O BIOS, Marker HPQOEMSLIC-MPC
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59792.exe (latest, used in the info above)
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57001-57500/sp57396.exe (used for a long time)
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56001-56500/sp56404.exe
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55501-56000/sp55668.exe
http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55442.exe (ironically used to restore after bricked)

Thank you
find
quote
#3
up...
find
quote
#4
The VID and PID can be found at this website: http://www.pcidatabase.com
Note: a search for 5100 AGN in the "search devices" box will reveal 2 possible devices. VID (ven) is 8086 for Intel devices; the 2 possible PIDs are 4232 and 4237 depending on which model you have.
(http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=5100+AGN&device_search.x=-1093&device_search.y=-62&device_search=search+devices)

I hope this helps.
find
quote
#5
Even if so, what should I do next when I'll find out the PID?
find
quote
#6
up, again
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)