Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424174
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3560
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 223
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 165
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 254
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223825
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119104
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6741
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 356
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309525
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61906
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 569
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20223
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169161
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6267
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 772
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5739
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61119
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274954

[REQUEST] HP f104nr FINAL steps to unlock?
#1
Hello to all unlock-masters!

Is it unlock-able? Are there any tools to unlock it?
I used "BIOS backup toolkit" to backup current BIOS. Please have a look and give the answers.


.zip   Bios and AMIBCPv4.55.zip (Size: 2.27 MB / Downloads: 5)

Any help\advise will be appreciated!

Thanks!

UPDATE 0: I've found working utility to backup my current BIOS.
UPDATE 1: AMI BCP v4.5 works fine. Now I can see all hidden options of my bios.

What should I do next?
find
quote
#2
Another update. Someone will find a screenshot in attachment below with a picture of BIOS structure.

I'm pretty sure that's all I need is to change ALL "Default" options to "USER" then save and then flash it back. Correct?


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#3
No, that's not how it's done. "Some" settings, in already visible menus, can be enabled that way sometimes.

The larger issue here is flashing in a mod BIOS. If it was Intel I could tell you how to do this easily, but AMD is a huge pain and you may need to try 10-15 different AFU versions before you find one that allows you to flash mod BIOS AND Does not brick the system. Do you have a flash programmer? If not, stop now, order one (CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable) and then once it arrives carry on after you've made a backup and confirmed it's valid (ie opens in BIOS tools, looks similar to your current etc)

Make a single change in AMIBCP, then save and try to flash. What happens, security error correct?
find
quote
#4
(07-04-2019, 10:44 PM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: No, that's not how it's done.  "Some" settings, in already visible menus, can be enabled that way sometimes.

The larger issue here is flashing in a mod BIOS.  If it was Intel I could tell you how to do this easily, but AMD is a huge pain and you may need to try 10-15 different AFU versions before you find one that allows you to flash mod BIOS AND Does not brick the system.  Do you have a flash programmer?  If not, stop now, order one (CH341A + SOIC8 test clip with cable) and then once it arrives carry on after you've made a backup and confirmed it's valid (ie opens in BIOS tools, looks similar to your current etc)

Make a single change in AMIBCP, then save and try to flash.  What happens, security error correct?

You're right. I tried to flash and got a security error. Since I'm able to change bios settings I've got another idea.
As of now, I access BIOS with default/user privileges but I suppose there must be a way to log into BIOS as master or admin.
What if to elevate user privileges to admin, supervisor or even master. Any clues/ways to do it? I think it's more about hacking rather than unlocking.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)