Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 42
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424267
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3570
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 234
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 169
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 262
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224046
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119119
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 243
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6751
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 365
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309597
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61919
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 580
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20234
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169188
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6285
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 781
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5748
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61137

[REQUEST] HP pavilion 23-b034 bios unlock
#1
Hello all, I have an AIO equipped with an AMD A10-5700 and need to allocate more the 512mb to the gpu, the BIOS dosn't seem to support it though. I was going to attach the BIOS dump but I'm having trouble obtaining it (can't find it online nor have the know how to dump it safely) Here's the info I do have of the BIOS/uefi:

   


and that the in-bios version number is 2.15.1226


I understand if no one is able to help due to lack of dumb file / source material but thank you for taking time to read this post anyway
find
quote
#2
(07-29-2018, 09:19 PM)Aedan Wrote: Hello all, I have an AIO equipped with an AMD A10-5700 and need to allocate more the 512mb to the gpu, the BIOS dosn't seem to support it though. I was going to attach the BIOS dump but I'm having trouble obtaining it (can't find it online nor have the know how to dump it safely) Here's the info I do have of the BIOS/uefi:




and that the in-bios version number is 2.15.1226


I understand if no one is able to help due to lack of dumb file / source material but thank you for taking time to read this post anyway

I think it can't flash modified bios again on HP machine ,you read data from chip by a SPI programer ,if you want to mod.

I download version 8.14 bios from HP website ,and made some analysis.
I found some important option you need.

[Image: CASnmF1.jpg]

Visit this thread and follow user penduin's success  experience for efi shell.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...720T-34ASU

Make an efi shell usb stick and going to efi environment.
Type "setup_var 0x01 0x10"
It will set UMA Frame buffer Size to 512m ,it is not bios flash so it don't brick your machine  ,it only a bios value setting.

find
quote
#3
(07-30-2018, 02:57 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 09:19 PM)Aedan Wrote: Hello all, I have an AIO equipped with an AMD A10-5700 and need to allocate more the 512mb to the gpu, the BIOS dosn't seem to support it though. I was going to attach the BIOS dump but I'm having trouble obtaining it (can't find it online nor have the know how to dump it safely) Here's the info I do have of the BIOS/uefi:




and that the in-bios version number is 2.15.1226


I understand if no one is able to help due to lack of dumb file / source material but thank you for taking time to read this post anyway

I think it can't flash modified bios again on HP machine ,you read data from chip by a SPI programer ,if you want to mod.

I download version 8.14 bios from HP website ,and made some analysis.
I found some important option you need.

[Image: CASnmF1.jpg]

Visit this thread and follow user penduin's success  experience for efi shell.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...720T-34ASU

Make an efi shell usb stick and going to efi environment.
Type "setup_var 0x01 0x10"
It will set UMA Frame buffer Size to 512m ,it is not bios flash so it don't brick your machine  ,it only a bios value setting.

Thanks! I'll give it a shot!
find
quote
#4
(07-30-2018, 02:57 AM)genius239 Wrote:
(07-29-2018, 09:19 PM)Aedan Wrote: Hello all, I have an AIO equipped with an AMD A10-5700 and need to allocate more the 512mb to the gpu, the BIOS dosn't seem to support it though. I was going to attach the BIOS dump but I'm having trouble obtaining it (can't find it online nor have the know how to dump it safely) Here's the info I do have of the BIOS/uefi:




and that the in-bios version number is 2.15.1226


I understand if no one is able to help due to lack of dumb file / source material but thank you for taking time to read this post anyway

I think it can't flash modified bios again on HP machine ,you read data from chip by a SPI programer ,if you want to mod.

I download version 8.14 bios from HP website ,and made some analysis.
I found some important option you need.

[Image: CASnmF1.jpg]

Visit this thread and follow user penduin's success  experience for efi shell.
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...720T-34ASU

Make an efi shell usb stick and going to efi environment.
Type "setup_var 0x01 0x10"
It will set UMA Frame buffer Size to 512m ,it is not bios flash so it don't brick your machine  ,it only a bios value setting.
 
Your efi environment brings me to a grub rescue, is that what it's supposed to do? also when I type in the command and it runs through it says its modifying a InsydeH20 bios not AMI. Did I download the wrong efi file?
find
quote
#5
I download bios from below ,is it correct mode for your machine???
https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...el/5296805


sorry ,I don't know why you get fail ,it's strange.
Maybe you can try other efi.
insyde bios???

find
quote
#6
Hp bios maybe can dump by afuwin ,but it can't flash again from any tool except HP's tool .

I have a hp 3330sff so i know and have tested.
If you want to mod it ,desolder chip and use SPI programer to read data is only way.

find
quote
#7
(07-30-2018, 03:23 PM)genius239 Wrote: Hp bios maybe can dump by afuwin ,but it can't flash again from any tool except HP's tool .

I have a hp 3330sff so i know and have tested.
If you want to mod it ,desolder chip and use SPI programer to read data is only way.

yes that's my computer model... I'm kind of stumped here, by the way the error I get when trying to boot that EFI shell is "prefix is not set"
find
quote
#8
Ok after a long break from this I had an Idea, what if someone modded the bios and I used a tool to replace the rom in the HP flash tool with the modded one? would that have a high chance of bricking the system or would that even work?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)