Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 284
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224534
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[REQUEST] Huawei Matebook 13 ( i7-8565U, 8GB RAM)
#1
Hey there,

For Hackintosh purposes, I've tried to fit a Broadcom wifi adapter into my Matebook 13. I was really excited to get this ultrabook for its specs and the fact that you can swap out the wifi card (the things we get excited about in an ultrabook these days ;-)), but quickly found out that Huawei decided to implement a whitelist in that only allows Intel modems to work on the Matebook 13 (which, in turn, do not work on macOS). I've never had to temper with a BIOS in my life and was wondering if the good folks in here could perhaps help a man out.

  • Model: Huawei Matebook 13 (WRT-29), i7-8565U
  • Current setup menu: 
   

   

Thanks for anyone taking the time to look at this!

Best,

Technotron
find
quote
#2
So what do you need, whitelist removed? If yes, please show me exact image of error you get when trying to use the new Wifi card.

Also, please link BIOS file, the link above is ME FW update only.

And since this system has Intel ME, best way to dump and reflash mod BIOS is using Intel FPT - Download HWINFO64 and on the large window on left side, expand motherboard and find ME area, inside that get the ME Firmware version.

Once you have that, go to this thread and in the section "C" download the matching ME System Tools Package (ie if ME FW version = 10.x get V10 package, if 9.0-9.1 get V9.1 package, if 9.5 or above get V9.5 package etc)
https://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Intel-M...Tools.html

Once downloaded, inside you will find Flash Programming Tool folder, and inside that a Windows or Win/Win32 folder. Select that Win folder, hold shift and press right click, choose open command window here (Not power shell).
At the command prompt type the following command and send me the created file to modify >> FPTw.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin

Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump and see if you get any error, if you do show me image of the command entered and the error given >> FPTw.exe -bios -f biosreg.bin

If you are stuck on Win10 and cannot easily get command prompt, and method I mentioned above does not work for you, here is some links that should help
Or, copy all contents from the Flash Programming Tool \ DOS folder to the root of a USB Bootable disk and do the dump from DOS (FPT.exe -bios -d biosreg.bin)
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-add-c...ors-update
https://www.windowscentral.com/add-open-...windows-10
https://www.laptopmag.com/articles/open-...privileges
find
quote
#3
Hey man, thank you so much for getting back to me. Yes, I would like for the whitelist to be removed so it doesn't lock out wifi cards other than Intel.
I will look into this, I've literally never had to temper with a BIOS to this degree, I will read your instructions thoroughly after work and get back to you.

Two things:
  • There is no error message when trying to use the wifi card, it simply doesn't show up under Windows or anywhere
  • Sorry about the link, this is all new territory to me. So best way would be to dump my current BIOS as a file and upload it for you, correct?

Cheers, all the best!
find
quote
#4
OK, I think I've got it. I've uploaded the dump to this location: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/f46755743167a9e2f075038cd8aca4fa20190723094416/666bc88054ff5a16be708ff8bcc49fe020190723094416/0b98a6

HWInfo64 gave me Intel ME Version 12.0, so I used Intel CSME System Tools v12 r17

Does this work for you? You said "Right after you do that, try to write back the BIOS Region dump". Do you mean try to write back the BIOS file after you've modified it? Or try to write back biosreg.bin I've just created? 

Cheers!
find
quote
#5
I've also extracted a dump using the BACKUP_Tool (credit goes to Dudu2002, thank you!): https://www.sendspace.com/file/nmzynj

Really, thank you everyone. I am the new guy around and it's really nice to be taken seriously for a change. Not sure how these two differ, but perhaps this BIOS dump will come in handy too?

Cheers!
find
quote
#6
So... anyone?

I've ordered one of these just in case: https://www.banggood.com/nl/CH341A-24-25...rehouse=CN

Hope its OK to post the link. Did you have a chance to look into the files I posted by any chance?

Thank you :-)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)