Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6402
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14038
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 137
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424545
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3652
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 323
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 237
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 342
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224761
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119203
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 299
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6815
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 437
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309807
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62000
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 655
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20313
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169425
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6385
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 860

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad P400, P500, Z400, Z500 (71CNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
#1
-Motherboard Manufacturer and Model: Lenovo Ideapad z500
-Bios Version : 3.7
-Bios Type : InsydeH20
-Bios Link : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h4bmwt3utb33zk7
-Rw-everything : http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?7b5dlc844z22acy many thanks[/size]
find
quote
#2
I would like to get this unlock too.

thanks for your work anyways!
find
quote
#3
me too... i'm looking for a whitelist removed bios..

edit: according donation via PayPal
find
quote
#4
I'm trying w/o luck trying to unlock the pci-e wireless whitelist on my lenovo P400 Touch (I have an intel 7620 AC to put in it).

This BIOS is also for the similar P500, Z400, and Z500 (regular AND touch).

It is an Insyde EFI BIOS (hence why I posted here).

I tried unpacking the core... but aside from a couple "wireless setup" entries, I didn't see anything that screamed "whitelist" to me. Perhaps somebody around here has better luck.

The file from lenovo an be found here:

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobi...cn51ww.exe

( I tried attaching it, to no avail. even .zip'd it).
find
quote
#5
I tried again... here's as far as I got:

The warning message that pops up is in the 11D378C2-B472-412F-AD87-1BE4CD8B33A6_0_1236.ROM file in the Dump. Also known as UEFIL05BIOSLock

However, I couldn't get it to play with the free version of ida (whined that it was a z80 file, yeah right)... and online disassemblers were useless.

Yes, I temporarily removed the data before the MZ in the ROM...

I used this guide:

http://donovan6000.blogspot.com/2013/06/...lists.html

I know it ain't much, but I hope this helps out... if i had some guidance on where and how to continue, then I'd be more than willing to continue myself... however, my knowledge is more with embedded C, not assembly (as they don't teach it much in college EET anymore, I was lucky to get Atmel AVR).
find
quote
#6
Just by your description I can't tell if it's Insyde Secure Flash or a different problem. Lets just use Intel's Flash Programmign Tool, fptw, to bypass anything. Get the utility here.

And run the following and send me the output.bin that it generates
Code:
fptw.exe -d output.bin -BIOS
find
quote
#7
FYI: the linked tool doesn't work (as this is a 7 series laptop). This did work though.

.bin is here.
find
quote
#8
I always assume everyone has a series 6 chipset for some reason. Glad you were able to get the right version.

Here's the modded rom. Flash it back with:

Code:
fptw.exe -f output_mod.bin -BIOS

And just to be safe, verify it with:

Code:
fptw.exe -VERIFY output_mod.bin -BIOS
find
quote
#9
(01-24-2014, 02:48 AM)donovan6000 Wrote: I always assume everyone has a series 6 chipset for some reason. Glad you were able to get the right version.

Here's the modded rom. Flash it back with:

Code:
fptw.exe -f output_mod.bin -BIOS

And just to be safe, verify it with:

Code:
fptw.exe -VERIFY output_mod.bin -BIOS

This darn thing refuses to give up:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=6022]


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#10
[censored]! This is where I'm stuck with these kind of bios. Insyde Secure Flash is used by the previous rom to verify the newly flashed rom before passing control to it. Since we can't modify the currently installed rom, then we can't bypass this. and the flash descriptor sets a lock on writing to your bios region, so we can't use fptw to flash it. Lol it seems like the hardest part about bios modding now is actually flashing it Sad

Until we discover more about Insyde Secure Flash, then these kind of bios are unmoddable at the moment. Sorry Sad
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)