Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227770
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad U510 (6FCNxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#1
Hello, I would like to use the Intel 6235 Wifi Adapter instead of the Intel 2230 in my Lenovo ideaPad U510. The BIOS of this model is from insyde.

The label of the original 2230 card says: WFM 6036DD391BD8
The 6235 card says: WFM C8F73348D523

I can find the number 6036DD391BD8 in the original BIOS code, but don't know how to modify it that the BIOS whitelist check accepts the number of the 6235 card.

There is no official download of the BIOS from Lenovo. I took a backup of the BIOS from my Lenovo U510. Here is the file:
http://www.file-upload.net/download-7035...-.rom.html

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
find
quote
#2
A few updates on this:

I've ripped another version of the bios with flashit.

The ID of the 2230 is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_42628086&REV_C4

The ID of the new 6235 card is:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_088E&SUBSYS_40608086&REV_24

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.


Attached Files
.rom   6FCN29WW.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote
#3
+1 on the WWAN Whitelist Removal›[Request] for Lenovo U510 - 6FCN29WW

I just got my lapptop today, I will reward the brand new Intel 2230 to the person who help me. Big Grin
find
quote
#4
(04-27-2013, 11:02 PM)litan1106 Wrote: I was able to find and replace the hex codes in the rom, how do I flash it?

I tried it with flashit with freedos but I got an error.

"This rom file size is incorrect."

Please, backup bios with FTP tool.
https://www.box.com/s/4fepki061ry1s1teavw0
find
quote
#5
Thanks, but I got another problem now.

I followed this guide http://www.cpyarger.com/2012/12/how-to-u...-tool.html and flashit the modded bios with freedos. It restarted during the flashit process.

I was using flashit version 1.5 with freedos usb. (InsydeH2O EFI 3.7)

I flashed the bios backup no problem but it restarted with the modded bios.
find
quote
#6
Hello,

I hope somebody can help with WIFI whitelist removal of a U510 ideapad.
I made a backup with Universal BIOS Backup 2.0 toolkit.

- current WIFI hardware id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_42628086
the org. Intel
- i need: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E030105B
Atheros AR9287

Bios Backup: 6FCN31WW

Thanks a lot

gummifisch
find
quote
#7
(10-02-2013, 12:41 PM)gummifisch Wrote: Hello,

I hope somebody can help with WIFI whitelist removal of a U510 ideapad.
I made a backup with Universal BIOS Backup 2.0 toolkit.

- current WIFI hardware id: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_42628086
the org. Intel
- i need: PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_002E&SUBSYS_E030105B
Atheros AR9287

Bios Backup: 6FCN31WW

Thanks a lot

gummifisch

WL removed: IdeaPad_U510_6FCN31WW_BACKUP_NWL_gummifisch
http://rghost.net/49114157
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#8
Works great, Thanks a lot.

You are awesome!!
find
quote
#9
I just bought Lenovo U510, and the factory wifi doe snot work at all.
Would anyone please remove the whitelist? Thanks a lot.

Current Wifi Card hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_42628086&REV_C4

https://app.box.com
find
quote
#10
(11-08-2013, 12:51 PM)large Wrote: I just bought Lenovo U510, and the factory wifi doe snot work at all.
Would anyone please remove the whitelist? Thanks a lot.

Current Wifi Card hardware ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0888&SUBSYS_42628086&REV_C4

https://app.box.com/s/3j27juhvwzy9ndl4se...93223803/1

WL removed: IdeaPad_U510_6FCN28WW_BACKUP_NWL_large
http://rghost.net/50038688
Look README to update. Please post results.

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)