Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6420
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14052
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424583
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3662
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224940
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119219
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 303
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6821
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 446
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309854
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62011
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 662
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20324
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169458
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6397
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 869

[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad U550 BIOS unlock
#11
Yes it is possible to install Win without ACPI.But...battery will not detect, you will turn off laptop by pressing power button (Power off from Start menu not working) and only one core of CPU can be detected.
You can try to find recovery image from same platform or install win7 on laptop with same chipset. I think acpi 3.0 ver not working with win 7.
You said this laptop have win7 64 sticker at bottom, right?
find
quote
#12
I can unlock ACPI selection option for you.
But we must to know what is flashing method.
I think it is dos only.Or you can flash it via HW SPi programmer?
find
quote
#13
Yes there is a sticker for Windows 7 Home Premium.

What the f*** Lenovo? Win7 laptop and you can't install Win7? But it works with 1Gb RAM, and has been working with 3Gbs. Laptop's owner said that after "some updates" it stopped working. Nothing wrong with hardware..?

EDIT: I think I can flash it through DOS. Original BIOS was 23CN18WW, I found 23CN21WW BIOS from Internet and flashed it through DOS. Fn+R worked straight for BIOS update. I can also enter in OS Win7, if that is what you are talking about.

I really appreciate your effort.
find
quote
#14
I checked this model and it compatible with win xp 64bit and win7 32, 64 bit. I suppose hardware is reason. Did you changed RAM modules, CPU and HDD?I also recommend you load setup defaults and try again. Try to install from another Win installations.
find
quote
#15
Here is mod
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ss0gqx
unlocked ACPI selection option.You can find it in Boot tab.
Just rename to origin file and flash it.
find
quote
#16
Yes I have tried multiple RAM modules, SSD and HDD. CPU i haven't touched. If it doesn't work after the unlocked BIOS you can afford to me, then I believe it is a hardware problem. Still wondering why Linux works.

EDIT: thank you thank you thank you Heart . At least I can tell that I've really tried everything!
find
quote
#17
I found thread with same laptop and same problem..but at end you can find mod with advanced tab unlocked.
I compared origin Setuputility module and mod and found no differents.But it may is your last chance..
https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...0-bios-mod
find
quote
#18
Well yeah, the most important thing to me is that at least I can give this one last shot.
find
quote
#19
You can install fully functional Win XP (i suppose you get 7B error).If you change SATA controlle mode non-AHCI, you will install XP without problems.
You can also install Win XP with enabled AHCI.
But you must integrate driver for GS45 chipset in TXT-mode. Use Nlite for editing and automatic process installing Windows XP.
When you install win XP, try upgrade it to win7.
find
quote
#20
I am definitely going to try that. Thank you for the tip.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)