Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108088
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14369
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425675
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 537
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227722
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310635
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62233

[REQUEST] Lenovo T520 (8AETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#91
I just (successfully! thank you bios-mods.com) removed the whitelist from my old t520s.
I tried putting an intel AC7260, and the computer boots, and the card is recognized in device manager. But either I don't see any networks in wirless controller (yes, I conntected the antennae properly), or, most of the time, I get an "error 10-- cannot start device"

Has anyone used the 7260 successfully in the T520?

I've seen elsewhere that the wifi switch on that vintage of laptop can sometimes cause newer cards to foul up, and others have taped off pin 20 (which, if I'm counting right, pin 20 on the 7260 is a blank).

Anyway, any thoughts on this would be helpful.  Even if there's another AC card out there that is proven to work, I'm all ears.
find
quote
#92
any thoughts on this?
find
quote
#93
after doing some research on this, I found that there are a lot of engineering samples of the 7260 floating out there on ebay.
Not sure if I had one, but I did take a chance on buying a 7260 off amazon instead of ebay-- dropped it in, with no other modifications, and it worked perfectly.
find
quote
#94
Hello ,

is there any link available for the bios mod ? i tried several links from above but it seems that the files were deleted ?
Can you please upload it again ?

Thanks .
find
quote
#95
Hello ,

is there any link available for the bios mod ? i tried several links from above but it seems that the files were deleted ?
Can you please upload it again ?

Thanks .
find
quote
#96
Hello ,

I am searching for a 1.45 moded firmware for lenovo t520, there are several threads opened on this subject but the links are not working for any of the threads .. .

Can someone that has the mod repost it ? ( new upload link )

Thanks .
find
quote
#97
Does anybody have an unrestricted link to the file? ThinkPad_T520_T520i_8auj26us_8AET65WW_ADV_NWL.rar

Thanks,
Daniel
find
quote
#98
I found the file here: https://app.box.com/s/k5qhp8utonocceej03z2rtf9hpyzzdlh
find
quote
#99
I will be also very glad if someone posts that link Wink
find
quote
I flashed the modded bios but it looks like the processor is always at full speed after the mod? Is that possible? It used to go down sometimes when the laptop is not in used. I flashed the original bios and it went down when idle. I reflashed the modded one and it works at full speed.

Anyone noticed that?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)