Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108050
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425651
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227611
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310595
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62225

[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad T420s (8CETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#41
HI

I am looking to install a new wifi card (still to be purchased) on my T420s that is running 1.38 firmware.

My question is, will the already modded frimwares posted on this thread work with my new card once i purchase it or do i purchase a new card and ask for the firmware to be modded with my card details ?

I don't want to create more work if its already been done.

Regards
find
quote
#42
(10-17-2013, 12:33 PM)pokenguyen Wrote: I can flash modded BIOS successfully, but there are 5 beeps x2 at startup. Disbaling security chip in BIOS solved it. Can you create a modded BIOS without beeps?

Have you attempted to disable the security chip inside of BIOS? I've heard that will get the beeps to stop.

I'm going to be attempting this soon (just ordered my AC card). I'm very curious to know what other users experiences have been.
find
quote
#43
[REQUEST] Lenovo T420s whitelist removal
-Manufacturer: Lenovo
-Model: Thinkpad T420s - 4172-CTO
-Latest Bios Revision: 8CET58WW (1.38 )
-Bios link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj18us.exe

***
-Wifi Model installed: Intel Centrino N 6250

***
-Wifi Model to install: Intel Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

I see that this bios appears to be good to go for the T420s:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7g0d6r...WW_NWL.rar

But I just want to be sure before I flash it.

Also, is it possible to flash back to OEM when I sell the unit, if desired?

Thanks!

-kj-
find
quote
#44
(06-15-2014, 06:20 AM)kjarrett Wrote: [REQUEST] Lenovo T420s whitelist removal
-Manufacturer: Lenovo
-Model: Thinkpad T420s - 4172-CTO
-Latest Bios Revision: 8CET58WW (1.38 )
-Bios link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj18us.exe

***
-Wifi Model installed: Intel Centrino N 6250

***
-Wifi Model to install: Intel Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

I see that this bios appears to be good to go for the T420s:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7g0d6r...WW_NWL.rar

But I just want to be sure before I flash it.

Also, is it possible to flash back to OEM when I sell the unit, if desired?

Thanks!

-kj-

http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Re...val--13440

From Hanoi, Vietnam
find
quote
#45
Thank you. That is where I found the link to this bios:

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj18us.exe

Appreciate confirmation that it will work for my application. Will confirm once I install.

-kj-
find
quote
#46
Works perfectly. Thank you!
find
quote
#47
(08-11-2013, 10:37 AM)sovem Wrote:
(08-11-2013, 01:55 AM)uncledave Wrote: [REQUEST] Lenovo T420s whitelist removal
-Manufacturer: Lenovo
-Model: Thinkpad T420s - 4174-2AG
-Latest Bios Revision: 8CET58WW (1.38 )
-Bios link: http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/...uj18us.exe

***
-Wifi Model installed: Intel® Centrino® Advanced-N 6300

***
-Wifi Model to install: Intel® Dual-Band-Wireless-AC-7260

Thank you in advance!

WL removed
Bios mod: Lenovo_ThinkPad_T420s_8cuj18us_8CET58WW_NWL
https://app.box.com/s/n6caxsghk3wlewk7d1kk
Look README to update. Please post results.

Hello,

will this still working?

I am new to BIOS hacking beside having hacked/mod other things already Big Grin and just like to be sure. I would like to do the same, AC-7260 into the T420s.
BIOS is still the same as mentioned in the thread before...

Many thanks for a short answer!Wink
find
quote
#48
Smile 
Hi,
please help me.

Lenovo Thinkpad T420S 4170-32U

UEFI BIOS Version 8CET57WW (1.37)
8cuj17us.exe


Currently I have a Realtek RTL8188CE card with ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_819510EC&REV_01


New WIFI card: INTEL AC 7260, Model:7260HMW

Thank you so much in advance Smile

backup from Universal Bios Backup
find
quote
#49
(12-02-2014, 09:36 AM)MrKajtoslaw Wrote: Hi,
please help me.

Lenovo Thinkpad T420S 4170-32U

UEFI BIOS Version 8CET57WW (1.37)
8cuj17us.exe


Currently I have a Realtek RTL8188CE card with ID PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8176&SUBSYS_819510EC&REV_01


New WIFI card: INTEL AC 7260, Model:7260HMW

Thank you so much in advance Smile

backup from Universal Bios Backup

Hi friend,
I will give a look !
Regards

[size=undefined]Your Brain [/size]. . . . It's the best tool U can use ! Wink
[size=undefined]Don't FLASH the Bios Mod if You get a Size Alert, You risk a Brick !!! [/size]
Donate to me for my work, click here BDM
find
quote
#50
[/quote]

Hi friend,
I will give a look !
Regards
[/quote]

Big Grin
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)