Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1801
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6426
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14057
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424595
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3664
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 238
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 354
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224971
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119221
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6823
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 448
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309860
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62013
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 666
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20327
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169463
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6403

[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230 Tablet (GCETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
#11
(12-21-2012, 06:02 PM)sovem Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 03:40 PM)Klaymator14 Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 07:13 AM)sovem Wrote: OK, latest version 2.03
Bios mod (WL removed only): Lenovo_Thinkpad_X230_Tablet_2.03_gcuj09us_NWL
https://www.box.com/s/62swrfq5fcmh89gn5bc6
Look README to update.
Please post results.

hm, is it supposed to be updated after I run the mod_nwl.exe? it seems like it's just unzipping files to a folder... it's still whitelisting my WLAN card

also, i tried running the WINUPTP.exe but it's telling me that "the bios image file is the same as the bios ROM, no update is needed"

is this what is supposed to be happening?

- Run mod_nwl.exe as administrator to flash bios mod.
- Or, unzip and run WINUPTP.exe /s to flash.

Ok, now i seem to be getting somewhere! don't know why it wasn't working before, but now i'm running into an error, according by the logs:

The number of retries of BIOS update = 1
The number of retries of BIOS update = 2
The number of retries of BIOS update = 3Failed.
Error : Failed to verify Secure Flash image.

Error code = 234

Any idea what that could mean?
find
quote
#12
I got a $20 for someone that can create a working whitelist removal for an X230. Bios Version 2.03. Please let me know and I can paypal upon verification that it works Smile

PLEASE!!!!!!!
find
quote
#13
(01-04-2013, 10:10 PM)mahlerbeatdown Wrote: I got a $20 for someone that can create a working whitelist removal for an X230. Bios Version 2.03. Please let me know and I can paypal upon verification that it works Smile

PLEASE!!!!!!!

I'll add 30$ for the author of the whitelist removal BIOS for the X230.
So now the total is 50$, anyone?

Note: I have the X230, not X230 tablet (don't know if its the same bios).
find
quote
#14
I tested the two mods (1.09 and 2.03). Whitelist is still there.

Would appreciate other mods to test!

Thanks
find
quote
#15
Since the two gents offering up $50 for a NWL modded BIOS for an X230 (non tablet) and this section (unless I read the header wrong) is for X230 TABLETS, and the two do not use identical BIOS... I'll match their offer. $50 to anyone that can successfully remove an X230t whitelist to allow for the use of an Intel Centrino Advanced-N + WiMAX 6250 WLAN card.
find
quote
#16
I'll add another $50 to it....to allow for the use of a Gobi 4000 on an X230 tablet. (remove the whitelist...Lenovo seems to think there is no issue)
find
quote
#17
(03-16-2013, 12:10 PM)RCIclark Wrote: I'll add another $50 to it....to allow for the use of a Gobi 4000 on an X230 tablet. (remove the whitelist...Lenovo seems to think there is no issue)

I'm adding $50 more, so we are at $150 now, for a working solution for Sierra MC7710.
find
quote
#18
(03-16-2013, 12:10 PM)RCIclark Wrote: I'll add another $50 to it....to allow for the use of a Gobi 4000 on an X230 tablet. (remove the whitelist...Lenovo seems to think there is no issue)

(05-20-2013, 08:58 AM)mariusko Wrote:
(03-16-2013, 12:10 PM)RCIclark Wrote: I'll add another $50 to it....to allow for the use of a Gobi 4000 on an X230 tablet. (remove the whitelist...Lenovo seems to think there is no issue)

I'm adding $50 more, so we are at $150 now, for a working solution for Sierra MC7710.

Please, create backup for mod.
https://www.box.com/s/4fepki061ry1s1teavw0
find
quote
#19
Backup of version 2.54 attached for Lenovo X230 tablet.


Attached Files
.zip   BIOSBAKK_64.zip (Size: 2.46 MB / Downloads: 52)
find
quote
#20
(05-31-2013, 02:59 PM)mariusko Wrote: Backup of version 2.54 attached for Lenovo X230 tablet.

Try this: Thinkpad_X230_Tablet_2.54_GCET94WW_BACKUP_NWL_mariusko
http://rghost.net/46418363
Update from PURE DOS (with USB-Bootable)
Look README to update. Please post results.
This mod for your PC only!!!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)