Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
HP 17-BS082ND, anybody ever see this kin...
Last Post: williamrodgers
Today 05:34 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 1812
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Yesterday 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6428
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Yesterday 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14058
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 146
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424600
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3665
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 239
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 355
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224990
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119224
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6824
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 450
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309863
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62015
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 667
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20329
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169466
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6406

[REQUEST] Lenovo Thinkpad X230 Tablet (GCETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
Hi there,
 
I have a X230 tablet ThinkPad and have been trying to get it to work with my WWAN andwifi cards and enable advanced menu, but I have not been very successful. It just starts with a black screen when I flash the bios I attempted to mod myself..

I am using a CH341A Pro usb module to read/write the bios.

I have already applied the battery whitelist EC patch before creating this dump.

I would like these modifications to the BIOS:
-          Whitelist removal for WiFi / WWAN / BT
-          Advanced BIOS menu
-          CPU Over/underclock / CPU Voltage control // CPU Multiplier (Not sure if these are possible to add or not?)
-          eGPU 16GB RAM fix

My machine specifics:
 -   UEFI Bios Version: GCETB3WW (2.73)
 -   Embedded Controller Version: GCHT25WW (1.14)
 -   Machine Type Model: 34352TU

Would somebody mind  helping me with this please? Many thanks.

Dudu2002 helped me with this already, thank you!
find
quote
(12-13-2019, 01:27 AM)dangelopittmanX56 Wrote: Hi there,
 
I have a X230 tablet ThinkPad and have been trying to get it to work with my WWAN andwifi cards and enable advanced menu, but I have not been very successful. It just starts with a black screen when I flash the bios I attempted to mod myself..

I am using a CH341A Pro usb module to read/write the bios.

I have already applied the battery whitelist EC patch before creating this dump.

I would like these modifications to the BIOS:
-          Whitelist removal for WiFi / WWAN / BT
-          Advanced BIOS menu
-          CPU Over/underclock / CPU Voltage control // CPU Multiplier (Not sure if these are possible to add or not?)
-          eGPU 16GB RAM fix

My machine specifics:
 -   UEFI Bios Version: GCETB3WW (2.73)
 -   Embedded Controller Version: GCHT25WW (1.14)
 -   Machine Type Model: 34352TU

Would somebody mind  helping me with this please? Many thanks.
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
Hi there!

First time attempt at this kinda thing. I just dumped the 4M chip of my x230T.

Looking for whitelist removal and advanced menu, though I'm not sure what other options I have - my end goal is a Hackintosh/Linux dual-boot,
if that factors into anything.

Machine specifics:
- UEFI BIOS: GCETA0WW (2.60)
- EC version: GCHT25WW (1.14)
- Type 3437-27U




Not sure if I should/need to update these or not.
If I need to provide anything else, just let me know.


Thanks in advance!
find
quote
(12-24-2019, 10:25 PM)Lyokanthrope Wrote: Hi there!

First time attempt at this kinda thing. I just dumped the 4M chip of my x230T.

Looking for whitelist removal and advanced menu, though I'm not sure what other options I have - my end goal is a Hackintosh/Linux dual-boot,
if that factors into anything.

Machine specifics:
- UEFI BIOS: GCETA0WW (2.60)
- EC version: GCHT25WW (1.14)
- Type 3437-27U




Not sure if I should/need to update these or not.
If I need to provide anything else, just let me know.


Thanks in advance!
Hi
Need your bios dump
find
quote
A new software-only method for flashing a modified BIOS on the X230 Tablet and other Ivy Bridge ThinkPad models is now available here:

https://github.com/n4ru/1vyrain/

The process is well-documented and very simple - no external programmer necessary.

Just did this on my X230 and didn't experience any trouble at all.
find
quote
Hi there,
 
I have a X230 ThinkPad and have been trying to get it to work with my WWAN and wifi cards and enable advanced menu.

I am using a CH341A Pro usb module to read/write the bios.

I would like these modifications to the BIOS:
-          Whitelist removal for WiFi / WWAN / BT
-          Advanced BIOS menu
-         16GB RAM fix

Specs:
 -   UEFI Bios Version: G2ETB5WW (2.75)
 -   Embedded Controller Version: G2HT35WW (1.14)
 -   Machine Type Model: 23244A9

Would somebody please help with a Mod? Many thanks.


Attached Files
.bin   Backup 1.bin (Size: 4 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
(01-29-2020, 01:35 PM)Symmel Wrote: Hi there,
 
I have a X230 ThinkPad and have been trying to get it to work with my WWAN and wifi cards and enable advanced menu.

I am using a CH341A Pro usb module to read/write the bios.

I would like these modifications to the BIOS:
-          Whitelist removal for WiFi / WWAN / BT
-          Advanced BIOS menu
-         16GB RAM fix

Specs:
 -   UEFI Bios Version: G2ETB5WW (2.75)
 -   Embedded Controller Version: G2HT35WW (1.14)
 -   Machine Type Model: 23244A9

Would somebody please help with a Mod? Many thanks.
Hi
Your mod completed. Check your messages

This mod for this notebook ONLY !!!
find
quote
Smile 
I need a special bios for the FHD Mod?

I still have a question 
How can I set the date, no menu

[Image: HAdX3vN.jpg]

Thank You  Big Grin
find
quote
(02-05-2020, 04:32 PM)kernelman Wrote: I need a special bios for the FHD Mod?

I still have a question 
How can I set the date, no menu

[Image: HAdX3vN.jpg]

Thank You  Big Grin
Hi
Press Esc and set date and time in OS
find
quote
Hello, Dudu2002!

I'd like to request a BIOS mod for my Thinkpad X230i tablet. The BIOS version is GCET97WW (2.57).
Embedded Controller Version: GCHT24WW


I'd like the following features, please:

* Whitelist removal: batteries + WiFi adapters + WWAN adapters
* 'Advanced' menu enablement


link to bios dump:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/3k802c


the most important for me is to remove battery whitelist if any additional features could be done it would be sweet
if not removing only the battery whitelist would make me happy anyway

Pretty please and thank you!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)