Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 14 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108088
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14369
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425675
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 537
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227722
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310635
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62233

[REQUEST] Lenovo X220 (8DETxxWW) Whitelist Removal
(05-31-2016, 10:07 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Users who haven't external SPI programmer, must provide me bios dump so i can prepair personal mod.

Here is a dump of my BIOS: https://www.sendspace.com/file/pyhfwn

I really appreciate your effort! Thanks.
find
quote
Hello, haazenpfeffer and bmod21!
Your mods completed and sent in PM!Check it!
find
quote
(06-02-2016, 02:15 PM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Hello, haazenpfeffer and bmod21!
Your mods completed and sent in PM!Check it!

Well, I'm getting an error when I try to flash.
"Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access. Please contact the target system BIOS bendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.
ERROR. BIOS IS WRITE PROTECTED."

I don't know if this is helpful, but the screen reads:
Protected Range 0: 0x780000- 0x1ffffff
Protected Range 1: Not set.
Protected Range 2: Not set.
Protected Range 3: Not set.
Protected Range 4: Not set.
find
quote
Did you press Enter to continue?
Hmmm..we can try to use WinPhlash like in 1.40 ver but i'm not sure if there are some security protection.
We need user with SPI programmer (it needs if mod is failed)
find
quote
I'll try Winflash later on. Are there any flags that I need to check?
http://s33.postimg.org/h4uylam3j/Capture.png
find
quote
Don't do anything!
I'll try to patch WinPhlash then you can use it!
This method is very dangerous!
find
quote
(06-02-2016, 06:13 PM)haazenpfeffer Wrote: Well, I'm getting an error when I try to flash.
"Error 28: Protected Range Registers are currently set by BIOS, preventing flash access. Please contact the target system BIOS bendor for an option to disable Protected Range Registers.
ERROR. BIOS IS WRITE PROTECTED."

Unfortunately, I had the same experience.
-- Regards.
find
quote
(06-03-2016, 01:22 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Don't do anything!
I'll try to patch WinPhlash then you can use it!
This method is very dangerous!

I cannot take big risks, as this is my laptop for daily work use. If someone else can spare taking chances, I will sit back and watch them try first.
Da Vinici, thanks for your help on this. I wish we could communicate with Lenovo and have them add these features. It's an older model laptop, so I don't know why they have to be so cruel and restrictive.  Dodgy
find
quote
(06-03-2016, 01:22 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Don't do anything!
I'll try to patch WinPhlash then you can use it!
This method is very dangerous!

Have you inspected these changes in the BIOS more carefully? Perhaps it is not possible to flash another bios without having some correct signature / certificate key from Lenovo..? Without and SPI programmer that is..

Lenovo BIOS 1.42 changelog: Version 1.42-1.24
UEFI: 1.42 ECP: 1.24
[Important] Security fix addresses LEN-2015-002 SMM "Incursion" Attack and some security fixes.
(Note) If the UEFI BIOS has been updated to version 1.42 or higher, it is no longer able to roll back to the version before 1.42 for security improvement.
(Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might not enter Startup interrupt menu.
find
quote
(06-03-2016, 11:10 AM)rkan2 Wrote:
(06-03-2016, 01:22 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: Don't do anything!
I'll try to patch WinPhlash then you can use it!
This method is very dangerous!

Have you inspected these changes in the BIOS more carefully? Perhaps it is not possible to flash another bios without having some correct signature / certificate key from Lenovo..? Without and SPI programmer that is..
Lenovo BIOS 1.42 changelog: Version 1.42-1.24
UEFI: 1.42 ECP: 1.24
[Important] Security fix addresses LEN-2015-002 SMM "Incursion" Attack and some security fixes.
(Note) If the UEFI BIOS has been updated to version 1.42 or higher, it is no longer able to roll back to the version before 1.42 for security improvement.
(Fix) Fixed an issue where the computer might not enter Startup interrupt menu.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)