Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 67
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424310
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3593
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 191
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 286
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224187
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119151
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 265
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6770
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 381
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61947
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 603
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20256
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169212
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6310
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 804
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5773
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61164

[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) BIOS Unlock
#11
(02-05-2018, 01:05 PM)sk0rpion33 Wrote: In January this year my old laptop died and I decided to buy a new laptop. I went for LENOVO Y520-15IKBN Model 80WK00YARI. After I got it I checked the bios settings. It was version 4KCN28WW. I enabled backflash, Intel VT-x, and set System password as 18912, but I disabled it. After that I installed the OS (Win10) and checked if there was a new version of BIOS available. It was available version 4KCN40WW and i downloaded it. After that I decided to encrypt my HDD with Symantec Encryption Desktop v 10.4.1. During the encryption that estimted it woud take 2 or 3 days to finish I decided to update the BIOS to latest version. Did the update from Windows with the file downloaded from this link. Everything went ok and rebooted the laptop to finish HDD encryption. I also installed VMWare and wanted to create a new virtual machine when I got the error "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.After that I wanted to enter BIOS setuo to enable Intel VT-x, but was prompted with "System password" request. Tried to enter 18912 but didn't work. I thought maybe is asking for HDD encryption password and tried that too, but also did not worked, so I skiped entering bios and booted OS normaly. Since the I tried to update the bios again since I found a new version 4KCN41WW and checked the flags to see if I can force flash a blank password by modifing variables in file platform.ini that was in the same folder where BIOS was ([ForceFlash] Password=1).BIOS update went OK, but I am still prompted to enter System Password when I try to enter BIOS Setup. I also managed to downgrade back to version 4KCN40WW with same ForceFlash variable, but the password remains.
I contacted the seller to see if they can help me, but they said this is not a warranty case. Also contacted LENOVO Support that said they can't reset or recover my password, but they can replace my laptop mainboard, but the price is too high and the laptop is working normaly.

I decided to try to find a solution. I found some replacement Main BIOS and EC chips on e-bay, but I know those chips have other identificatin details like MAC address, SN, UUID, GUID and other details.
I made a full dump of Main BIOS and EC chips with a SPI Programmer (CH341A), but I don't know how to extract my original details from BIOS dump and restore them to those new chips. For now I decided not to buy those chips. I want to find a way to extract my original details from BIOS dumps or to remove BIOS password from dump and reflash the dumps via SPI programmer with SIOC8 clip if it's possible without desoldering the chips.

So, I am asking for your help if you can remove the password or if you can extract the original details from BIOS dumps and I also would like to know if there is any way to enable Advanced settings in BIOS and remove the Whitelist for RAM and M.2 SSD and any other whitelist that may be there.

I have all the papers and receipts to prove I bought this laptop if there is any issues.

I will also make a resonable donation if I get any help.
Hi
I didn't quite understand
you have a SPI-programmer?
find
quote
#12
(02-05-2018, 01:24 PM)Dudu2002 Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 01:05 PM)sk0rpion33 Wrote: In January this year my old laptop died and I decided to buy a new laptop. I went for LENOVO Y520-15IKBN Model 80WK00YARI. After I got it I checked the bios settings. It was version 4KCN28WW. I enabled backflash, Intel VT-x, and set System password as 18912, but I disabled it. After that I installed the OS (Win10) and checked if there was a new version of BIOS available. It was available version 4KCN40WW and i downloaded it. After that I decided to encrypt my HDD with Symantec Encryption Desktop v 10.4.1. During the encryption that estimted it woud take 2 or 3 days to finish I decided to update the BIOS to latest version. Did the update from Windows with the file downloaded from this link. Everything went ok and rebooted the laptop to finish HDD encryption. I also installed VMWare and wanted to create a new virtual machine when I got the error "This host supports Intel VT-x, but Intel VT-x is disabled.After that I wanted to enter BIOS setuo to enable Intel VT-x, but was prompted with "System password" request. Tried to enter 18912 but didn't work. I thought maybe is asking for HDD encryption password and tried that too, but also did not worked, so I skiped entering bios and booted OS normaly. Since the I tried to update the bios again since I found a new version 4KCN41WW and checked the flags to see if I can force flash a blank password by modifing variables in file platform.ini that was in the same folder where BIOS was ([ForceFlash] Password=1).BIOS update went OK, but I am still prompted to enter System Password when I try to enter BIOS Setup. I also managed to downgrade back to version 4KCN40WW with same ForceFlash variable, but the password remains.
I contacted the seller to see if they can help me, but they said this is not a warranty case. Also contacted LENOVO Support that said they can't reset or recover my password, but they can replace my laptop mainboard, but the price is too high and the laptop is working normaly.

I decided to try to find a solution. I found some replacement Main BIOS and EC chips on e-bay, but I know those chips have other identificatin details like MAC address, SN, UUID, GUID and other details.
I made a full dump of Main BIOS and EC chips with a SPI Programmer (CH341A), but I don't know how to extract my original details from BIOS dump and restore them to those new chips. For now I decided not to buy those chips. I want to find a way to extract my original details from BIOS dumps or to remove BIOS password from dump and reflash the dumps via SPI programmer with SIOC8 clip if it's possible without desoldering the chips.

So, I am asking for your help if you can remove the password or if you can extract the original details from BIOS dumps and I also would like to know if there is any way to enable Advanced settings in BIOS and remove the Whitelist for RAM and M.2 SSD and any other whitelist that may be there.

I have all the papers and receipts to prove I bought this laptop if there is any issues.

I will also make a resonable donation if I get any help.
Hi
I didn't quite understand
you have a SPI-programmer?

Yes, I got it some time ago to flash a tablet.
find
quote
#13
Hi could you plz guide me how to fully unlock/advanced mode of my bios
Lenovo Y520-15IKBN
insydeh20 ver 5.0
Correct bios version:4KCN43WW
Bios link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/produ...s/ds121057
Tnx alot in advance and best regards
find
quote
#14
(06-06-2018, 01:02 PM)Esiroyal Wrote: Hi could you plz guide me how to fully unlock/advanced mode of my bios
Lenovo Y520-15IKBN
insydeh20 ver 5.0
Correct bios version:4KCN43WW
Bios link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/produ...s/ds121057
Tnx alot in advance and best regards
Hi
Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
find
quote
#15
First tnx alot for the quick reply
Can you kindly guide me which SPI-programmer do i need to get.. And am very new to this so is it possible to give me step by step how to use SPI-programmer that you will suggest.. Your help is highly appreciated
find
quote
#16
I have send incase here is the results here as well


Attached Files
.rar   results.rar (Size: 3.91 MB / Downloads: 38)
find
quote
#17
Hey,
I need on my Lenovo Y520 7700hq 1050ti the full feature bios.
Can you please help me?

Also do you know if it is posible to deactivate nvidia optimus?

Thanks
find
quote
#18
(07-15-2018, 02:15 PM)ptc02 Wrote: Hey,
I need on my Lenovo Y520 7700hq 1050ti the full feature bios.
Can you please help me?

Also do you know if it is posible to deactivate nvidia optimus?

Thanks
Hi
1. Your bios is rewrite protected
Bios mod can be flashed using SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip only
2. "Also do you know if it is posible to deactivate nvidia optimus?" - it is impossible
P.S. very sorry, but the desire does not coincide with reality
find
quote
#19
Hey Dudu2002, I'm wanting to do the same Bios Whitelist removal to upgrade the crappy realtek wireless chip that came with the Y520-15IKBN - 80WK.

Could you please also guide me throughout the process of using the SPI-programmer+SOIC8 clip ?

Thank's beforehand...
find
quote
#20
Hey, can you pm me aswell about the same thing?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)