Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6526
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308259
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61547
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19946
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168437
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5974
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 519
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5476
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60732
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274673
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 649
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24618
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174012
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 924
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59543
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43065

[REQUEST] Sony VAIO VGN-NR300 & VGN-NR400 Series (R2060J9) BIOS Unlock
#1
I have a sony vaio vgn-nr430e (pcg-7133l) bios version R2060J9 dated 2/28/2008---I would like to unlock the bios so I can get in the advanced bios menu. I request a bios mod in order to accomplish that. TYVM in advance Wink
find
quote
#2

.txt   DEFAULT.TXT (Size: 6.63 KB / Downloads: 29) Hi Experts


I have sony vaio VGN-NR498E, BiOS version is R2060J9 .

-Manufacturer: SONY VAIO
-Model: VGN-NR498E/W
-Bios Revision: R2060J9
-Bios Type: Phoenix

On the harddrive I have installed Windows 2003 with some applications using a desktop (infact I cloned this as these applications are not available), I cloned this

connecting to a desktop using the sata connector available on the desktop , Now the applications work well on the desktop , when I tried to connect this harddrive to

the Sony Laptop , Windows 2003 does not boot , (blue screen error) , I think this is becuase of the SATA drivers , I tried copying the drivers (again connecting to the

desktop) in the folders and then when I boot windows 2003 (harddrive connected to the laptop same error again .

My question is will the O.S boot if I enable the advance features in the BIOS , SATA mode ( IDE / legacy ) , Sony has disabled this , how do i proceed further ,

whether to upgrade the BIOS or enable its advance feature please advise on the process of doing this .

Is it possible to enable IDE using SYMCMOS , if so can anyone help to find out it's register for enabling IDE (similar to the one mentioned in the link below for enabling AHCI and VT)


Attached SYMCMOS report of the system .
.txt   DEFAULT.TXT (Size: 6.63 KB / Downloads: 29)

Enable AHCI and VT for Sony




Thanks

Syed Q.
find
quote
#3
I need to enter the advanced options bios on a Sony Vaio VGN - nr330fe , back up the bios and is attached to this post . When I add 4 GB of RAM your computer will not start ( the memories were tested ) and also want to know if I can increase the memory allocated to video chip memory this way .


Attached Files
.rom   PhoenixTechnologiesLTD-R2060J9.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 27)
find
quote
#4
I have a sony vaio vgn-nr430e (pcg-7133l) bios version R2060J9 dated 2/28/2008---I would like to unlock the bios so I can get in the advanced bios menu. I request a bios mod in order to accomplish that.

Thanks very much!
find
quote
#5
I think you need attach the correct bios file .

find
quote
#6
My Sony Vaio VGN-NR460E laptop will not POST with more than 2GB of RAM installed. I have included a dump of the current BIOS version as an attachment to see if it can be modified to enable increased RAM support, as well as any other menus that can be enabled.


Attached Files
.rom   PhoenixTechnologiesLTD-R2060J9.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 11)
find
quote
#7
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#8
Sure, here you go.

https://i.imgur.com/i3nijan.jpg
find
quote
#9
Your laptop is based on GL960 chipset. It has hardware limits for memory in first slot. It can't be solved by BIOS mod.
Install 1GB in first slot and 2GB in second.
find
quote
#10
(02-20-2021, 01:35 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your laptop is based on GL960 chipset. It has hardware limits for memory in first slot. It can't be solved by BIOS mod.
Install 1GB in first slot and 2GB in second.
Interesting! When I've tried to add a 1GB stick it's caused the laptop to BSOD when attempting to start Windows, I'll have to swap the slots and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: Sure enough, swapping the RAM was enough to get the system to boot into Windows without blue screening, thank you!
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)