Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6526
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 131
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308259
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61547
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 308
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19946
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168437
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5974
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 519
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5476
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60732
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274673
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 649
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24618
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693722
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 174012
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 924
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 511
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59543
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43065

[REQUEST] Sony VAIO VGN-NR300 & VGN-NR400 Series (R2060J9) BIOS Unlock
#11
Hello there!I'm trying to get an old mod, the same an user requested many years ago, I don't if it's possible but I'm trying everything to make this work. The reason: The laptop in particular s (SONY VAIO - VGN-NR330FE) supposedly does support 4GB of RAM, yet when I try to hook them up, Windows just crashes (Win10), but when I only have 2GB connected, then it does work. I thought it could be the frequency of the cards that are having an issue, that's why I'm trying to fix it with the mod.
Many thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this.



The rams that I have are: 2GB PCS2-5300 CL5 200-Pin Sodimm Kingston.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#12
Phantom_R
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
find
quote
#13
(03-05-2021, 12:49 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Phantom_R
Post a screenshot of third (Mainboard) tab of CPU-Z.
Got it!


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#14
Phantom_R
Your laptop is based on GL960 chipset. It has hardware limits for memory in first slot. It can't be solved by BIOS mod.
Install 1GB in first slot and 2GB in second.
find
quote
#15
(03-05-2021, 01:30 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: Phantom_R
Your laptop is based on GL960 chipset. It has hardware limits for memory in first slot. It can't be solved by BIOS mod.
Install 1GB in first slot and 2GB in second.
You were absolutely right. It worked that way! It's not 4 but still better than 2GB!

Big thanks Smile
find
quote
#16
In need of a bios unlock and any whitelist removal if any exist. Need VT as I upgraded the CPU to T9500. No restriction to overclocking If possible and 800MHz ram recognition from bios as I know this board can use 800Mhz but sees the ram as 667MHz.

There is currently no official bios available from Sony's website as legacy files no longer exist.

Laptop model: SONY VAIO VGN-NR498E  / PCG-7133L
Bios model: Phoenix
Bios version: R2060J9

I have attached a bios picture for reference:

I used Universal Bios Backup ToolKit 2.0 and it made a .rom file backup.

Edit:
After much research, found out that the UBBT doesn't completely backup certain registers and because its a dump bios and not original, its tricky.
I have used SLIC Dump tool to save my BIN,Cert and key files along with SLIC.bin file. Used RW Everything to get the ACPI tables RW file.
Used Phoenixtool and it gave no errors. Everything matched and it was able to make a modified R2060J9 bios file.
I tried to flash with Winphlash (used older version and Secure Winflash version) and get the same error along the lines of:
"Corrupted interface descriptors in the new BIOS file
Part Table Signature not found in the interface
Error code: -161"

This could be correlated to how the UBBT dumps the bios file and is not an original (since it's not available officially) bios file. To get a proper dump file to work, I saw this thread on another forum:
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads...ios.21120/

Post#1 and #6 provide possible solutions but they are very tedious.

I even tried to flash the dumped bios file without mod and it still gives same error.

My only option is if someone knows how to properly mod the bios file to make it work or has a working bios rom for this bios version.

Will pay for your efforts if it can be done.


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   

.rom   R2060J9.rom (Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#17
Did anyone ever succeed in modifying this BIOS?

There is no system but GNU, and Linux is one of its kernels
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)