Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424443
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3618
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 279
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 205
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 305
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224493
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119167
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6786
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 405
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309716
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61963
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20277
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169308
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6345
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 824
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61200

[REQUEST] Sony VGN-SR31M memory initialization code
#1
I have an old Sony laptop - VGN-SR31M, P8600, Intel PM45 chipset-rev.07, ICH9-M-rev03, ATI 3400.
It's a really good built with nice screen, so I decided to upgrade it to run a bit faster and give to my daughter as her first laptop.
I manage to upgrade hard disk to SSD with some hiccups (had to change GPT to MBR), but at the end it's working. The real problem become the memory upgrade.
The laptop is equipped with 2x2 GB PC2-6400 memory sticks. I ordered and replaced the sticks with 2x4 GB PC2-6400.
The laptop boots but running extremely slow. The memory is shown in CPU-Z, but the screen is constantly flickering.
My best guess is the memory timings are not right.
The AMI BIOS is really old and most of the settings locked - R2080Y1 from 2009. For some reason Sony decided to flash it with Insyde flsh tool.
I've checked the available option in AMIBCP but there is no advanced memory settings menu items. Just memory information.
So I didn't try to unlock the hidden menu items as I not that expirienced and I can't see any benefit from it.
The only advise I got is that memory initialization code have to be changed.
Can someone help me with this issue?


Attached Files
.rom   sony_org.ROM (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 0)
find
quote
#2
I found other Sony laptop bios images with the same chipset. Replacing cantigamemoryinit is successful and bios is booting.
The bad thing is all this images are from 2009 and apparently don't contain the needed memory configuration.
I found some newer Sony bios's for Sony America, but they are packed with different installer and I can't uncompress the files.

If someone can provide an AMI laptop bios with cantigamemoryinit (PM45 and DDR2) from 2010 onward it will be highly appreciated.
Does somebody knows how to unpack/edit the memory init?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)