Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 102
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424435
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3615
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 204
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 303
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224462
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119166
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 273
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6783
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 402
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309705
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61959
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 621
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20273
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169269
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6342
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 822
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5793
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61196

[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VGN-FZ series (R1120J7) BIOS Unlock
#21
(05-03-2013, 02:20 PM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi there,

I am working on the modded BIOS now and will report back soon.

UPDATE: There are a fair amount of settings to unlock ranging from CPU to ACHI configuration. This modification is now in progress.

Regards,
TheWiz

Great News! I've been looking for this for a long time now! Hope this one is still on its tracks!
Do you think it will be possible to increase GPU memory somehow with those hidden options on the FZ21M? 512MB might just make my life way better Smile

Thank you TheWiz
find
quote
#22
Hello Iperzampem0,

Sorry about the long delay!

I will take a look at the BIOS image to see what I can unlock.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#23
Hello Iperzampem0,

In order to create a flashable BIOS mod, I need one of two things. I need either an official BIOS update from Sony, or I need a BIOS dump from your notebook and an official BIOS image from Sony that is for a notebook in the same notebook series (Vaio VGN-FZ series) and with the same chipset (Intel PM965) as yours. If you can find such an official BIOS image, I can take the platform data from the official update and apply it to your backup image and then proceed with the BIOS mod.

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#24
(08-06-2010, 12:04 AM)rm82 Wrote:
(08-05-2010, 11:53 PM)TheWiz Wrote: sorry for the delay in response, it is a puzzling case by far. Can you describe what errors XP and vista show.

Thanks,
TheWiz


When I keep the battery connected, system does not boot up. If I remove the battery and start system using AC Power it boots up.

If I connect the battery while the system is ON and then battery LED starts blinking too fast.

In XP :
Power Settings says "Plugged in, Not charging." Battery status shows "Unknown Battery".

In Vista :
Power Settings says "Plugged in, Not Charging", and a message window pops up stating that the battery is not compatible and please click ok to send system in hibernate state.

Thanks
You should uninstall the Vaio Battery Check Utility. Anyway, flashing the bios with that CD that comes with the fake battery and buying that battery on the first place is al togheder wrong. Try to flash back the original file first that I upload here. I know this post is very old but I Hope this can help someone ele also.


Attached Files
.rar   R1120J7 Full - Backup.rar (Size: 581.57 KB / Downloads: 21)

Success is Persistence - Do not give up
find
quote
#25
(12-26-2018, 07:17 PM)raileanu Wrote:
(08-06-2010, 12:04 AM)rm82 Wrote:
(08-05-2010, 11:53 PM)TheWiz Wrote: sorry for the delay in response, it is a puzzling case by far. Can you describe what errors XP and vista show.

Thanks,
TheWiz


When I keep the battery connected, system does not boot up. If I remove the battery and start system using AC Power it boots up.

If I connect the battery while the system is ON and then battery LED starts blinking too fast.

In XP :
Power Settings says "Plugged in, Not charging." Battery status shows "Unknown Battery".

In Vista :
Power Settings says "Plugged in, Not Charging", and a message window pops up stating that the battery is not compatible and please click ok to send system in hibernate state.

Thanks
You should uninstall the Vaio Battery Check Utility. Anyway, flashing the bios with that CD that comes with the fake battery and buying that battery on the first place is al togheder wrong. Try to flash back the original file first that I upload here. I know this post is very old but I Hope this can help someone ele also.

I have some questions ,the bios you attach ,does it can be re-flash again?? and how do you do it ??what utility you use?
If you can do it ,i think  i could  made some modification for this bios.  

Or you can provide original official file??

find
quote
#26
Sorry, I don't have the official bios as I search myself for it for long time all over the internet. I know I have it downloaded from Sony in one of my hard-drives few years ago but is like mission impossible to find it.
You can try use Phoenix WinPlash to update the bios. Chose one version that has Advace option like winplash 1.5.0.55 and set it to force write the bios even if same version. Or you can use a TSOP 48 SPI Programmer but this require good soldering skils etc.

Success is Persistence - Do not give up
find
quote
#27
(12-26-2018, 09:56 PM)raileanu Wrote: Sorry, I don't have the official bios as I search myself for it for long time all over the internet. I know I have it downloaded from Sony in one of my hard-drives few years ago but is like mission impossible to find it.
You can try use Phoenix WinPlash to update the bios. Chose one version that has Advace option like winplash 1.5.0.55 and set it to force write the bios even if same version. Or you can use a TSOP 48 SPI Programmer but this require good soldering skils etc.

I have ability for desolder and re-solder chip ,but i don't need .
I just check your attach bios and i found i can unlock some options on this bios. ,

find
quote
#28
HI All, I have VGN-FZ230E with Phoenix BIOS Version: R1120J7 ... I need unlocked BIOS version with Advanced Boot Options menu open, to force usb flash boot without legacy option, Please point me where can be found exact flashed version of this bios on this forum, Thanks ...
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)