Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
Yesterday 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6517
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
Yesterday 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 122
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 308187
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61533
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 298
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 19935
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 168396
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 5962
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 513
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5466
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 60714
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274663
Advanced BIOS Unlock machenike l15p
Last Post: ztazzy
09-20-2026 09:28 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 642
[REQUEST] Hystou S200 BIOS unlock
Last Post: Onyicho
09-20-2026 05:58 PM
» Replies: 33
» Views: 24611
[REQUEST] Lenovo G500 (78CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: imtemporaryhelloworl
09-19-2026 07:06 AM
» Replies: 1235
» Views: 693525
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: D_M_A
09-18-2026 05:49 AM
» Replies: 257
» Views: 173983
HP DV6-6031er WiFi White list
Last Post: NVTNovo
09-16-2026 09:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 920
HP15BA030 BIOS Freischalten für Advanced...
Last Post: Andyowl
09-16-2026 01:35 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 507
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IMH0...
Last Post: Silver Pegasus
09-16-2026 09:53 AM
» Replies: 66
» Views: 59526
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire V5-572(P,G) BIOS U...
Last Post: Majestik
09-15-2026 03:01 PM
» Replies: 42
» Views: 43056

[REQUEST] Tempest i5400XL S5392 (Maybe add GPU?)
#1
Hi,

I just got and old workstation from my job (Fujitsu Celsius R550). Everything works great except that when i try to start the computer with my new GTX 460 card in the primary PCI-E slot it freezes at the BIOS splash screen. I can´t access the BIOS. (There´s nothing wrong with the GTX-card. I´ve tested it on several other PC´s)

However, when i put the old Quadro 3500 in the primary slot, and the GTX 460 in the other everything runs well (50-60fps in Black Ops 2 compare to 5-10fps with just the old Quadro card). Windows finds the card and assigns some windows display drivers, but I can´t install any nVidia drivers.(I´ve tried old, new,beta-drivers, in safe mode, regular mode etc) It fails all the time.

So my guess is that it has to do with the bios. The card works great. but only in the secondary slot, not the primary.

I don't know if I have to add some GPU support or just unlock something.

I got the newest BIOS version from fujitsus homepage and everything. But I cant get it to work.


Motherboard:
http://www.tyan.com/product_SKU_spec.aspx?ProductType=MB&pid=564&SKU=600000010

PC:
http://globalsp.ts.fujitsu.com/dmsp/Publ...s-R550.pdf


I´m out of ideas. I appreciate your help!

Best regards
823hal


Attached Files
.zip   i5400XL S5392 BIOS.zip (Size: 1.23 MB / Downloads: 1)
find
quote
#2
Hi there,

So just to clarify, did both cards have to be in for it to work or does it work with the new card only in the second slot with the first slot empty?

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#3
Yes. Both cards need to be in for it to work!
I have no idea what to do next. Is it even possible to add gpu support to Bios!


Thanks for helping!
(sent from Sgs3)
find
quote
#4
Just got an answer from Fujitsus Tech Support.

"Hello,

Sorry but we do not support any kind of upgrades to our systems, we do only support the complete systems as we sell them.

Best regards

Fujitsu Technology Solutions
Technical support"

Well, thanks your help Fujitsu.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem can be? Is it even fixable?

(btw, we have 7 workstations just like this one. And it's the same problem with every workstation. They start and works great when you have an old GPU in the first slot and a newer generation GPU in the second slot. Except we can't install any proper drivers from nvidia.)


/823hal
find
quote
#5
Hi hal,

It is possible you might need a customized driver package which we might be able to help put together. Could you post some screenshots of what the errors are when you have only the new card in and you attempt to do the driver install?

TheWiz
www find
quote
#6
(05-07-2013, 09:27 AM)TheWiz Wrote: Hi hal,

It is possible you might need a customized driver package which we might be able to help put together. Could you post some screenshots of what the errors are when you have only the new card in and you attempt to do the driver install?

TheWiz

Hi,

When I was going to take some screenshots of the failed installation it suddenly worked. (This time on Windows 7 x64, not Windows 8 that I had a couple of days ago.)The drivers installed correctly. But now I don't get any signal to my monitor.
But the GTX card Is now install and everything seems fine, but no signal to my monitor.

This is still with two cards in. Old Quadro card in slot 1 and the GTX in slot 2.

And now when the installation was correct I removed the Quadro card
and put the GTX in slot 1. But then it freezes at the BIOS splash screen again.

The error I got before was (Code 28). I got the same code from the Nvidia installation as from manually installing it from the device manager. Error Code 28!

So I don't think this is a driver/Windows problem.
I think it has to do with the motherboard or BIOS.

I found a thread on another forum that had the same problem.
And that guy got a newer BIOS Version from Fujitsu Support (No luck for me) which was not available for download on their drivers/bios page. He had an Celsius M450
which has even an older motherboard then I have.


A lot of text. I hope you understand my rusty english.
And thanks again for looking in to this!
find
quote
#7
GOOD NEWS! It's alive!

After a couple of fails trying to update bios from Tyan I finally succeeded!
And now everything is working.

The BIOS from Fujitsu seems to be locked!

Here is the BIOS from Tyan that works. A lot more options/settings in BIOS then Fujitsus version. http://www.tyan.com/support_download_bio...el=S.S5392


I would be great if an Admin could edit the topic to SOLVED.


Thanks again!
Best regards
823hal
find
quote
#8
Wink 
(05-08-2013, 04:27 PM)823hal Wrote: GOOD NEWS! It's alive!

.....

Thanks again!
Best regards
823hal

THANK YOU, 823hal!!

I could get my R550 runing with a Geforce GTX1060. Now I am really happy.

Best regards,
ge-r550
find
quote
#9
Эта ссылка не работает Скачать по этой ссылке Я надеюсь, что кто-то поможет, 

 https://www.tyan.com/Motherboards=S5392=...wnloads=EN
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)