Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Today 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 21
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424228
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3564
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 227
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 166
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 257
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223933
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119110
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 241
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6745
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 360
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309557
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61908
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 572
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20228
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169172
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6274
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 776
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5743
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61125

Rampage III Black Edition Marvell 88SE9182 ROM Update
#1

.zip   ASUS Rampage III Black Mod.zip (Size: 3.32 MB / Downloads: 85)
I have attached two BIOS file for the ASUS Rampage III Black Edition motherboard
1) 0505.rom (latest rom, does not permit RAID on the Marvell 9182 Controller)
2) 0501.rom (unreleased rom, stable and supports RAID mode on the Marvell 9182 Controller)

I would like it if you could update the 0505.rom file to enable the option to select RAID Mode on the SATA 6Gb/s Marvell 88SE9182 Controller. Then incorporate the Marvell 88SE9182 firmware update which is attached. This will update the Marvell firmware version from 1.0.0.0016 to 1.0.0.0025. The list of bug fixes is staggering.

If you can't figure out how to enable RAID on 0505.rom the 0501.rom file already has the RAID selection mode enabled so you can just incorporate the Marvell 88SE9182 firmware update and be done. Although it would be nice to use the 0505 bios since it does have some fixes in it.

Option ROM Entries I can see in MMTool are:
VendorID: 1B4B
DeviceID: 91A2

VendorID: 1B4B
DeviceID: 9182

I heard from some people on the web that firmware info is stored also under ID E6 and E7, but I can't confirm.

If you do this for me and it works. I will make a donation!



You guys rock!
find
quote
#2
Looks like Asus have released this officially , version 0602 updates the Marvell Controller Option ROM Big Grin

http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SL...fX7JlZKdtm

enjoy!

Admin
find
quote
#3
(11-05-2011, 01:23 AM)trickmasterpc Wrote: I have attached two BIOS file for the ASUS Rampage III Black Edition motherboard
1) 0505.rom (latest rom, does not permit RAID on the Marvell 9182 Controller)
2) 0501.rom (unreleased rom, stable and supports RAID mode on the Marvell 9182 Controller)

I would like it if you could update the 0505.rom file to enable the option to select RAID Mode on the SATA 6Gb/s Marvell 88SE9182 Controller. Then incorporate the Marvell 88SE9182 firmware update which is attached. This will update the Marvell firmware version from 1.0.0.0016 to 1.0.0.0025. The list of bug fixes is staggering.

If you can't figure out how to enable RAID on 0505.rom the 0501.rom file already has the RAID selection mode enabled so you can just incorporate the Marvell 88SE9182 firmware update and be done. Although it would be nice to use the 0505 bios since it does have some fixes in it.

Option ROM Entries I can see in MMTool are:
VendorID: 1B4B
DeviceID: 91A2

VendorID: 1B4B
DeviceID: 9182

I heard from some people on the web that firmware info is stored also under ID E6 and E7, but I can't confirm.

If you do this for me and it works. I will make a donation!



You guys rock!

If you still want to upgrade Marvell firmware to version 1.0.0.0025 (latest BIOS 0602 has 1.0.0.0022 inside) I need to have also IDE code, that is misisng in your package.

PCIE-by2 /*Support Magni lite 9182 chip.*/ (not support Magni)
| |
| | --- AHCI /*Flash AHCI mode class code 9182*/
| |
| | --- IDE /*Flash IDE mode class code 918A*/
| |
| | --- RAID /*Flash RAID mode class code 91A2*/
|



The missing code is 918A.

As soon you are able to supply the complete package, I can modify it in one day.

Bye,
find
quote
#4
(05-04-2012, 05:06 AM)Brama Wrote:
(11-05-2011, 01:23 AM)trickmasterpc Wrote: I have attached two BIOS file for the ASUS Rampage III Black Edition motherboard
1) 0505.rom (latest rom, does not permit RAID on the Marvell 9182 Controller)
2) 0501.rom (unreleased rom, stable and supports RAID mode on the Marvell 9182 Controller)

I would like it if you could update the 0505.rom file to enable the option to select RAID Mode on the SATA 6Gb/s Marvell 88SE9182 Controller. Then incorporate the Marvell 88SE9182 firmware update which is attached. This will update the Marvell firmware version from 1.0.0.0016 to 1.0.0.0025. The list of bug fixes is staggering.

If you can't figure out how to enable RAID on 0505.rom the 0501.rom file already has the RAID selection mode enabled so you can just incorporate the Marvell 88SE9182 firmware update and be done. Although it would be nice to use the 0505 bios since it does have some fixes in it.

Option ROM Entries I can see in MMTool are:
VendorID: 1B4B
DeviceID: 91A2

VendorID: 1B4B
DeviceID: 9182

I heard from some people on the web that firmware info is stored also under ID E6 and E7, but I can't confirm.

If you do this for me and it works. I will make a donation!



You guys rock!

If you still want to upgrade Marvell firmware to version 1.0.0.0025 (latest BIOS 0602 has 1.0.0.0022 inside) I need to have also IDE code, that is misisng in your package.

PCIE-by2 /*Support Magni lite 9182 chip.*/ (not support Magni)
| |
| | --- AHCI /*Flash AHCI mode class code 9182*/
| |
| | --- IDE /*Flash IDE mode class code 918A*/
| |
| | --- RAID /*Flash RAID mode class code 91A2*/
|



The missing code is 918A.

As soon you are able to supply the complete package, I can modify it in one day.

Bye,

Edited the post because I answered my own question, it was of no use for this purpose.

Exploring other avenues at the moment, will post if it yields any joy.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)