Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 755
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 107835
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1312
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3536
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9188
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8748
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14348
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425621
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3839
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 531
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 330
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 721
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227518
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119700
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6996
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 618
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310574
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62222

Rampage III Extreme Bios 1102 Moded request
#11
This is the first X58 BIOS that I've seen that doesn't work with 9.6... Here's one with 8.9.1.

I wonder if Intel introduced a newer API with the newer OROMs but that Asus didn't take advantage of it and so the API they use has been dropped and the newer versions don't work? Hmm.

Edit: Attachment removed because it still didn't work.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#12
Hi Dansolo.

I´m afraid that you´r right with the API thing... with this last mod bios the same happened again.
But, the updated version 8.x should be work or i´m wrong?. Any clue?.

Thank you very much. Again.
find
quote
#13
Even 8.9.1 isn't working? Can you try a modded BIOS of a different version ala http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Ra...ed-request ?

Here's 8.7... If this doesn't work and the other BIOS version doesn't work then I would complain to Asus. You need at least version 8.7 for SSDs to work well. 8.9 added even more SSD improvements. I would email them and start a thread on their forum complaining that you need 8.9+ due to SSD. They have caved and updated this for other motherboards when users complained for SSDs. I'll try to recall the thread on their forum that I saw that - I THINK it was the P5E3 thread that produced the BIOS that I got 8.7 for ICH9 from. Maybe we can even compare that version to the previous version to see what changed and possibly get some information on how to make other BIOS versions work. I may look into this but my assembly is poor so don't hold your breath. If anyone else is interested, please help me/us research this as it could be useful to a lot of people.

Edit: Attachment removed because it still didn't work.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#14
Nop. The 1102 with 8.7 and the 1105 with 10 do the same. That´s frustating. i´m very disappoint with Asus. My previous mobo was a GIGABYTE X58A-UD7 and i didn´t had a problem with any mod bios. The point of take a mod bios is the very very low version of the RAID INTEL in this mobo (i don´t understand this...) because i´ve 2 ssd on raid and, as you said, don´t work properly on this version.

Anyway, thanks, thanks and thanks.
find
quote
#15
Sorry it didn't work out for you. Here's a version with stock Matrix RAID and at least updated JMicron and Marvell. If you or anyone else wants to bring the issue up with Asus and they get back to you with some useful response (such as a new version that they get, say, 8.9 working with), please let us know so we can give this another shot with the newer versions. They may update it to 8.9 or 9.x if they are convinced to, and that might enable 10.0 to work, for example.


Attached Files
.rom   rampageiiie-1102-imr8-jm10801-mrv1027.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 8)

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#16
Ok. Thank you Dansolo. I´ll try to contact with Asus. If they bring me an useful response i´ll let you know. One more question, anyone else have this problem?. I mean, is curious that nobody use the ICH10 in raid mode with this mod bios.
find
quote
#17
These don't get a lot of downloads... not many people trying them.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#18
Asus answered me and they said, basically: "the last version is 1102. Check periodically the web for new versions". No comments.
find
quote
#19
Well, I'm glad that I went Gigabyte and will continue to go with Gigabyte at this point. Good work, Asus. Anyway, we'll try again with the next BIOS.

Feel free to use/link/host any BIOS I post, no credit necessary. However, this is at your own risk and I take no responsibility. Always keep a backup of a known-good BIOS. Don't flash a motherboard if you don't have a backup computer just in case.

Always use RAID mode. RAIDFix
find
quote
#20
Hi Dansolo. I found this (supposed) mod bios on other site. Could you try to update INTEL RAID BIOS?. Thank you.

http://pic.xfastest.com/nickshih/0096.rom

ps: if, because of rules, i was wrong putting this link, sorry.

ps2:i agree with Gigabyte thing.



find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)