Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108053
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9216
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8767
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14363
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425653
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 535
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 333
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227623
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119723
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 389
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7000
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 623
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310605
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62226

[Request] 5650 modded BIOS/default vbios
#1
Hey does anyone have the vBios for the ATI radeon hd mobility 5650?
Or already modded to something like 5730 clock speeds (650/800)

Thanks Smile
find
quote
#2
By the way you posted it sounds like you have a notebook around that has that GPU in it? If so mention the model of it so the main bios for it can be downloaded then have the 5650 bios pulled from it.
find
quote
#3
HP Pavilion Dv6-3136eo
I attached the Bios.rom


Attached Files
.rom   Hewlett-Packard-F.28.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#4
Can you show me a GPU-Z screenshot of your HD 5650M? Want to make sure I give you the proper vbios as theres more than one.. if im correct you have a neutered version with 64bit memory interface, default clocks should be 720/800..? As well as what you want the clocks to be (2D should be changeable as well if you wanted).
find
quote
#5
(12-30-2012, 08:57 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote: Can you show me a GPU-Z screenshot of your HD 5650M? Want to make sure I give you the proper vbios as theres more than one.. if im correct you have a neutered version with 64bit memory interface, default clocks should be 720/800..? As well as what you want the clocks to be (2D should be changeable as well if you wanted).
See the attachment below.
because of the catalyst driver, all of the information isn't correct. The default core clock is 550Mhz, memory clock is 800Mhz. I'd like them to be 650/850Mhz Smile Do overvolt it to 1.15/1.2
Are you able to unlock the bios menu also? Or atleast disable the intergrated card (ati 4250). I've tried but also failed lol


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote
#6
Mmm.. have you tried the latest 12.11 since you're on 12.4 or the specialized drivers from HP? It says it has DDR2 but that doesn't work for DDR2 at that speed to have that memory bandwidth & from what I can find, there is no DDR2 version of the HD 5650M & to add to that, there is 7 different vbioses within the entire notebook's bios too.. only one is letting me change the voltage & a couple won't even open for me period. Here they are if you want to look around in them. If you want I can try modding all of them (that open) to your specifications & see what happens, if I mod the wrong one there would be no change, worst case scenario is a force mod bricks the vbios & the GPU is useless till a reflash, but you have the integrated card which will still let you use the system to do so as I can't disable the integrated (most can't anyway, internal hardware is missing to link the display directly to the dedicated GPU) & I don't have enough know how to unlock hidden menus.


Attached Files
.rar   HD 5650M vbioses.rar (Size: 259.14 KB / Downloads: 13)
find
quote
#7
(12-31-2012, 04:10 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote: Mmm.. have you tried the latest 12.11 since you're on 12.4 or the specialized drivers from HP? It says it has DDR2 but that doesn't work for DDR2 at that speed to have that memory bandwidth & from what I can find, there is no DDR2 version of the HD 5650M & to add to that, there is 7 different vbioses within the entire notebook's bios too.. only one is letting me change the voltage & a couple won't even open for me period. Here they are if you want to look around in them. If you want I can try modding all of them (that open) to your specifications & see what happens, if I mod the wrong one there would be no change, worst case scenario is a force mod bricks the vbios & the GPU is useless till a reflash, but you have the integrated card which will still let you use the system to do so as I can't disable the integrated (most can't anyway, internal hardware is missing to link the display directly to the dedicated GPU) & I don't have enough know how to unlock hidden menus.

You see I cannot use 12.11 because there is 4250 card for power saving :S (12.10 and above doesn't support 4000 series anymore, only 5000series and newer) MY MAIN GFX CARD IS 5650M
And it is DDR3 memory but gpu-z can't read the cards specs correct, dunno why

okay so I think the one with 550/800mhz clock speeds is the real one
see the attachment below. Can you put it back in to the actual bios when I'm done editing it? I'll get back to you soon
EDIT:
Okay know I attached the OC'd version


Attached Files
.rom   REAL-5650M.ROM (Size: 60 KB / Downloads: 11)
.rom   2D-5650M-OC.rom (Size: 60 KB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#8
(12-31-2012, 04:49 PM)NewClockZ Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 04:10 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote: Mmm.. have you tried the latest 12.11 since you're on 12.4 or the specialized drivers from HP? It says it has DDR2 but that doesn't work for DDR2 at that speed to have that memory bandwidth & from what I can find, there is no DDR2 version of the HD 5650M & to add to that, there is 7 different vbioses within the entire notebook's bios too.. only one is letting me change the voltage & a couple won't even open for me period. Here they are if you want to look around in them. If you want I can try modding all of them (that open) to your specifications & see what happens, if I mod the wrong one there would be no change, worst case scenario is a force mod bricks the vbios & the GPU is useless till a reflash, but you have the integrated card which will still let you use the system to do so as I can't disable the integrated (most can't anyway, internal hardware is missing to link the display directly to the dedicated GPU) & I don't have enough know how to unlock hidden menus.

You see I cannot use 12.11 because there is 4250 card for power saving :S (12.10 and above doesn't support 4000 series anymore, only 5000series and newer) MY MAIN GFX CARD IS 5650M
And it is DDR3 memory but gpu-z can't read the cards specs correct, dunno why

okay so I think the one with 550/800mhz clock speeds is the real one
see the attachment below. Can you put it back in to the actual bios when I'm done editing it? I'll get back to you soon
EDIT:
Okay know I attached the OC'd version

Try this one at your own risk, the -OC one is the one I repacked with.


Attached Files
.rom   Hewlett-Packard-F.28_5650m-test1.rom (Size: 2 MB / Downloads: 8)
find
quote
#9
(12-31-2012, 06:56 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 04:49 PM)NewClockZ Wrote:
(12-31-2012, 04:10 PM)gamerX1990 Wrote: Mmm.. have you tried the latest 12.11 since you're on 12.4 or the specialized drivers from HP? It says it has DDR2 but that doesn't work for DDR2 at that speed to have that memory bandwidth & from what I can find, there is no DDR2 version of the HD 5650M & to add to that, there is 7 different vbioses within the entire notebook's bios too.. only one is letting me change the voltage & a couple won't even open for me period. Here they are if you want to look around in them. If you want I can try modding all of them (that open) to your specifications & see what happens, if I mod the wrong one there would be no change, worst case scenario is a force mod bricks the vbios & the GPU is useless till a reflash, but you have the integrated card which will still let you use the system to do so as I can't disable the integrated (most can't anyway, internal hardware is missing to link the display directly to the dedicated GPU) & I don't have enough know how to unlock hidden menus.

You see I cannot use 12.11 because there is 4250 card for power saving :S (12.10 and above doesn't support 4000 series anymore, only 5000series and newer) MY MAIN GFX CARD IS 5650M
And it is DDR3 memory but gpu-z can't read the cards specs correct, dunno why

okay so I think the one with 550/800mhz clock speeds is the real one
see the attachment below. Can you put it back in to the actual bios when I'm done editing it? I'll get back to you soon
EDIT:
Okay know I attached the OC'd version

Try this one at your own risk, the -OC one is the one I repacked with.

Alright, I'll get back to you when I'm done flashing and testing

I can't flash it with insyde flashing utility :S it says no digital signature or it's corrupted
find
quote
#10
hey I've got the CCC working now here's the specs of my GFX card


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
   
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)