Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
Today 09:14 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 164
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E531 (HEE...
Last Post: MANIANA18
Today 07:20 AM
» Replies: 120
» Views: 21936
ASUS R1F CPU upgrade
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 12:22 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 108
[REQUEST] Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 (8ACNxx...
Last Post: psycomaffo
Yesterday 10:36 AM
» Replies: 69
» Views: 26105
Request for Modded BIOS with AI Tweaker ...
Last Post: CertifiedCosmos
04-17-2024 05:04 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 123
Lenovo ThinkCentre M71e GPU Whitelist re...
Last Post: saschalein
04-17-2024 03:23 PM
» Views: 111
[REQUEST] Lenovo Ideapad 330S-15ARR (7WC...
Last Post: nadolivbios
04-17-2024 01:26 PM
» Replies: 25
» Views: 6204
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: sanya.silitskiy
04-17-2024 11:52 AM
» Replies: 73
» Views: 220056
[REQUEST] 13w Yoga Gen 2 (Type 82YR) (KB...
Last Post: SiberianTiger97
04-17-2024 09:48 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 187
Acer Extensa 5620: CPU replace
Last Post: MPM
04-17-2024 08:28 AM
» Views: 171
[REQUEST] Sony Vaio VPCEH & VPCEJ series...
Last Post: nrns
04-16-2024 08:08 PM
» Replies: 232
» Views: 98673
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-16-2024 02:35 PM
» Replies: 103
» Views: 24097
[REQUEST] Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (76CNxxWW) W...
04-16-2024 07:29 AM
» Replies: 847
» Views: 324413
[REQUEST] Acer Predator Helios 300 PH315...
04-16-2024 07:28 AM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 1045
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad P14s 3rd Gen 1...
04-16-2024 07:26 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 328
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: pashtet440
04-16-2024 06:56 AM
» Views: 162
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
04-14-2024 09:02 AM
» Replies: 1733
» Views: 542400
Dell Latitude 5520 - get to know passwor...
Last Post: yeti1299
04-14-2024 06:48 AM
» Views: 269
[REQUEST]: Asus TP420IA - how to dump bi...
Last Post: quantumx3
04-14-2024 05:34 AM
» Views: 226
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: Nightdemon2001
04-14-2024 01:13 AM
» Replies: 2319
» Views: 657023

[Request] ASUS VivoBook S15 S510UNR Unlocked BIOS
hi guys, im newbie around here so if i make a mistake by doing anything sorry for that already.

my problem is i use this laptop and i dont know why but its fans run all the time even when i dont push it to the limit. 

i sent it to the service but i guess they didnt care too much and they sent it back to me and said nothing is wrong.

anyways i cant change the fan speed by using speedfan or etc. and also i cant do it from BIOS either.

and because of that im asking you guys to modify my bios to unlock that fans speed control section. this is all im asking for.

here is my bios' link. i will also add it to attachments.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/nb/X510...RAS301.zip

hope you guys can help me to figure this annoying fan issue.

best regards.

ps: i dont know if you guys need anything rather than my bios, if you do please tell me and i'll response.

Attached Files
.zip   X510UNRAS301.zip (Size: 4.45 MB / Downloads: 7)
find
anyone?
find
Hi~~
This bios was asus CAP type of bios ,so it can't by pass the ezflash to update bios ,so you need another method to flash mod bios .
Visit this link ,and learn how to "Flashing modified AMI Aptio UEFI using AFU"
https://www.win-raid.com/t286f16-Guide-Flashing-modified-AMI-Aptio-UEFI-using-AFU.html
Then backup current bios by afudos ,after that bios mod need  command  /gan to re-flash.

If you backup it success then you can open bios from AMIBCP.
Here you can get it .====>>here
On below image ,you can find some option about Fan Control ,you can adjust value of them then save file ,use afudos /gan parameter to re-flash mod bios.
====>>here

You can see there are two sets menu on amibcp ,but the first was hidden ,on current bios menu ,you should only see the second menu : Main , Advnaced , Boot , Security , Save & Exit

I'm interest for how to unlock the "advanced" and "chipset" on  first set.
If you have backup bios ,please upload one ,and capture screen for Advanced tab.

I will try unlock it but i can't promise it will suceess .

find
Hello guys, I have good and bad news for you TS, good one is that your fanspin is probably caused by high CPU/GPU usage, check taskmanager and reply please. 
Bad news is that our bios(i have same model kinda just UQR instead) is very nicely locked from peaky users to tinker with, the only thing I didn't tried, and I did try everything but external programmer(will do soon) all you can change so far without it is your serial number and turn on/off your backlight circuit on board. If anyone knows anything about Aptio 5 bioses and unlocking them on Asus laps/boards let me know please ^_^
find
first of all i want to thank you both,

@genius239
your suggestions are a bit exceeding my abilities. I also do not know if I can make the fan speed settings from AMIBCP the way I want. but I still thank you for your interest and suggestions.

@nif3lheim
I did everything for this problem;
I did a virus scan with different programs,
I made cpu and gpu undervolt,
I turned off the services that were not needed,
-etc, etc ..

but after all i did the fans keep spinning at high speed when I do nothing. I dont always live this situation. but sometimes even when i use opera with 10 tabs open, the fans are starting to spin like im playing some hq compelling games. sometimes it stops when i open the taskmanager but I still can not reconcile this. there is no services/app/program that use high CPU/GPU, as i mentioned before it can happen when i just use opera with 10 tabs. i dont now what to do but i hope we can figure this out. thank you again for your interest.
find
(06-28-2018, 04:57 PM)mistirsipak Wrote: first of all i want to thank you both,

@genius239
your suggestions are a bit exceeding my abilities. I also do not know if I can make the fan speed settings from AMIBCP the way I want. but I still thank you for your interest and suggestions.

@nif3lheim
I did everything for this problem;
I did a virus scan with different programs,
I made cpu and gpu undervolt,
I turned off the services that were not needed,
-etc, etc ..

but after all i did the fans keep spinning at high speed when I do nothing. I dont always live this situation. but sometimes even when i use opera with 10 tabs open, the fans are starting to spin like im playing some hq compelling games. sometimes it stops when i open the taskmanager but I still can not reconcile this. there is no services/app/program that use high CPU/GPU, as i mentioned before it can happen when i just use opera with 10 tabs. i dont now what to do but i hope we can figure this out. thank you again for your interest.

Hello sir, my pc behaves in same way but only when I use chrome without hardware acceleration on, I guess opera doesn't use it you shall try Chrome and see if changes anything, if you want further investigation you can contact me in pm and I will try to help you out with windows assistance(remote control), so far for the rest without a proper windows programmer no one can help you, you can always try to revert your windows back to stock.. maybe its a driver issue
p.s. As a last resort you can disassembly your pc and apply some new conductive paste, Noctua NT H1 or thermal grizzly kryonaut Wink might help aswell.
find
i want to add some new info about this situation that i am facing still, i changed the thermal paste with a new qualified one but it did not prevent the fans from spinning fast. especially when i launch a game like age of empires 3 fans spin at highest speed permanently until i quit the game. this really bothers me , I regret buying the computer. if anyone can help im open the suggestions, thank you.
find
It happens when you playing game , i think it is normal .
Game need more processor performance so its usage is higher make more heat ,so fan need run at full speed .
Do you playing with AOE III ??

find
no i dont play games at all, that's the problem that im trying to explain. fans spin like hel.l even pc is idle.
find