Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227723
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310636
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[Request-Camilo] Sony Vaio SA/SB/SC/SD/SE series R2085H4 Advanced Menu + Sata 3? Plz
#61
(03-05-2012, 08:56 AM)thomash2 Wrote: I have a serious problem if someone could please help.

I installed the modifiled unlocked R1031H4 on my Sony Vaio SA, and I was trying to get AHCI to work, which is giving me BSOD, so I tried to turn off peripherials to see if that would help.

The last thing I tried was to disable Internal Graphics, with ACHI on. Now nothing shows up on the screen. I don't know if pressing F2 is actually doing anything, but if it does, can someone guide me through the menu to enable internal graphics, with my blank screen? right, down down down (X times?), enter, down, enter, F10?

Or which function key "reset to default"? F9? And then which key saves and exits? F10?

I don't know if it is even running without the graphics card active.



thank you

UPDATE: Pressing F2 does nothing, after 10-15 seconds the laptop self powers off, and then will not turn on unless I unplug and remove battery, then replace again.

I need to reset CMOS. How do I do it?


UPDATE: I took out the motherboard and removed the CMOS battery, but it doesn't help. .....

I just spent the whole day installing all my software, getting ready to use my new laptop..... looks like i have to send it back.

I made the same mistake with you, I changed SG to PEG(PRIMARY DISPLAY),now turn on the laptop it shows nothing,today I put it to a repair station,sony said the bios was broken ,but Free replacement of the motherboard for me,about 4 days will return,Good luck.what about you?(Forgive my bad English)
(03-07-2012, 07:08 PM)kruegsch Wrote:
(03-06-2012, 05:24 PM)thomash2 Wrote: I disconnected cmos battery, also tried shorting the pin, but it doesn't clear cmos. I will try to wait a couple ours for discharge. there is also a DIP switch with 1234: off. do you know if one of the switches will reset?

The only thing you reset is the real time clock. The two DIP swiches select the CPU type and panel type.

I guess a wrong selection of the graphics is the problem.
(IGFX, PEG, SG) What did you choose?

PEG messed it up!

yes, select the PEG,now i have the same problem
find
quote
#62
yes, select the PEG,now i have the same problem
[/quote]

Well, I selected "SG" and disabled the internal graphics. The result is the same ...
find
quote
#63
Repaired?please tell how did you fix it.
I put it to a repair station,sony said the bios was broken ,but Free replacement of the motherboard for me
find
quote
#64
my se2's bios is new,20111123 InsydeH2O Version HuronRiver.3.61.05.2051 R2086H4 without Advanced Menu ,i do not know how to extract it,anyone who needs?
or knows how to extract it?
my email zenxcn@foxmail.com
find
quote
#65
The flash programmer arrived today!
I already dumped a BIOS to disk. I had to lift the VCC pin off the mainboard because other components needed too much current.

Regarding the BIOS dump I refer to an old post of Marcan.
Marcan's Blog

For our 32MBit ROM it looks like this under Linux:
Code:
$ dd if=/dev/mem of=original_bios.fd bs=1024 count=4096 skip=4190208
find
quote
#66
(03-23-2012, 05:41 PM)kruegsch Wrote: The flash programmer arrived today!
I already dumped a BIOS to disk. I had to lift the VCC pin off the mainboard because other components needed too much current.

Regarding the BIOS dump I refer to an old post of Marcan.
Marcan's Blog

For our 32MBit ROM it looks like this under Linux:
Code:
$ dd if=/dev/mem of=original_bios.fd bs=1024 count=4096 skip=4190208


Please Upload new BIOS so Camilo can unlock it with Advanced menu, thank yoU!
find
quote
#67
Has anyone tried putting modded R1 or R2 series BIOS on the SA4??
(12-15-2011, 02:34 PM)frozst Wrote: Camiloml, do you think you could add bluetooth support to your R1031H4 bios version? Since Sony changed the bluetooth chip on the vaio SA3 version, we have to choose between sata3 or bluetooth.

I would rise up the amount of my donation this time Wink.

I'm curious what you mean by choosing between SATA3 or bluetooth?
(01-06-2012, 06:16 PM)IceZZ Wrote: OK. I downloaded he file from camiloml's dropbox. it extracted. then i ran "inside flash.exe" while still in windows 7. then i rebooted into bios. Saw a lot of goodies. When i saved and exit. It turned off. Now it does not do anything anymore :O When i click the start button nothing happens//!

Can anyone help me? i don't know what to do.

What laptop do you have?
find
quote
#68
(03-23-2012, 06:37 PM)oozijk Wrote: Please Upload new BIOS so Camilo can unlock it with Advanced menu, thank yoU!

I don't have a new BIOS. It's the known R2085H4 with the unlocked menu. I bricked it (do NOT disable the sandy bridge graphics). Know I need a dump of a working R2085H4 to figure out where to change and what to change the affected region to.
find
quote
#69
I managed to restore my BIOS. Don't try an inplace programming, it won't work. I placed the flash ROM in the SIM-slot and now I can plug'n'flash Big Grin
[Image: bios_donglexpjr6.jpg]
find
quote
#70
(03-26-2012, 03:31 PM)kruegsch Wrote: I managed to restore my BIOS. Don't try an inplace programming, it won't work. I placed the flash ROM in the SIM-slot and now I can plug'n'flash Big Grin
[Image: bios_donglexpjr6.jpg]

Hi kruegsh, can you tell me step by step how you restored the bios?
I don't know if mine has a sim slot. I have the SA2, and will soon have a SE1. My SA2 is bricked, it's still in the repair shop but I might take it back to try to fix it myself. I want to flash R1031H4 to the SE1 so I can get SATA3.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)