Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424131
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3554
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 214
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 162
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 250
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223745
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119095
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6738
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 351
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309501
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 564
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20216
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169141
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6261
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 766
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5735
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61106
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274947

[Request] DM1-4142nr access to Advanced Options in BIOS
#1
Wink 
Hello,
Would like to gain access to the BIOS Advanced Options so that I can enable AHCI for an SSD that I recently installed.

If it helps, I attached the UEFI extraction .txt of the module that I believe the SetUp Utility is in.

Thanks in advance!

•Make/Model; HP DM1-4142nr
•BIOS Link; http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp57501-58000/sp57549.exe
•Screenshot;
http://i61.tinypic.com/ern76w.jpg
[Image: ern76w.jpg]


Attached Files
.txt   FE3542FE-C1D3-4EF8-657C-8048606FF670_366 IFR.txt (Size: 107.92 KB / Downloads: 7)
find
quote
#2
*Update* Adding a couple of more files that might be of some assistance;

1) SLIC.log of 03387F16.BIN generated by Phoenix Tools
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2lifbi
2) Backup of my BIOS from Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5xmh0

Info; - My DM1-4142nr is already running the F16 BIOS.
- This F16 BIOS can be decrypted by Phoenix Tools (hence the SLIC, etc files)
- Created BIOS from Phoenix Tools will not run w/Insyde Flash. I get
the famous "bios corrupted/digital signature" message.
- The only reason that I am after "Advanced Menu" access is to enable AHCI.
- If there was some way perform the "falseclock" UEFI method on my pooter,
that would be great! I tried following the guide and had no luck booting to a
UEFI environment. I don't believe this to be a "full" UEFI BIOS. Any other
alternatives to try?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
Thanx again!
find
quote
#3
Thanks for the donation! Big Grin

Unfortunatley your bios, like most HP bios made around the end of 2011, cannot be modded due to signature verification checks. One of these checks verfieis that the DXE has not been modified, and will brick if it has been modded. And unlocking the tabs requires modding the DXE. Sorry Undecided
find
quote
#4
(05-30-2014, 11:08 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Thanks for the donation! Big Grin

Unfortunatley your bios, like most HP bios made around the end of 2011, cannot be modded due to signature verification checks. One of these checks verfieis that the DXE has not been modified, and will brick if it has been modded. And unlocking the tabs requires modding the DXE. Sorry Undecided

Thank you for the reply!

I was afraid that this may be the case after all that I have read....

One last hope though: Do you think that I could still get AHCI enabled via Falseclocks "setup_var 0x36 0x01 ,setup_var 0x39 0x01" method, even though this pooter doesn't have full blown UEFI (I think)? I'm fairly pooter literate (not a CODE Master, though) and am willing to try as the AHCI thing is the only thing that I'm after. Is it possible to get into an UEFI environment or is there script run of some sort to write to the bios memory? Again, I'm only after enabling AHCI.

Thanks!
find
quote
#5
(05-30-2014, 11:08 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Thanks for the donation! Big Grin

Unfortunatley your bios, like most HP bios made around the end of 2011, cannot be modded due to signature verification checks. One of these checks verfieis that the DXE has not been modified, and will brick if it has been modded. And unlocking the tabs requires modding the DXE. Sorry Undecided


:O I almost forgot. You are very welcome!

What If I tried an earlier BIOS? If I found one that was not RSA signed, could something be done with it. I am assuming that it is the RSA sig that is keeping the BIOS from being modded successively.

Could the process used by Ultrakiller be of any benefit here?
ref; http://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-Un...ts-sp52624

Thanx!
find
quote
#6
If one of the older bios does not have it's DXE's and PEI's signatures verified, then we can mod it.

Ultrakiller was just talking about re-encrypting the rom manually. This is relating to the entire rom and not the DXE and PEI, so it's not relevant for this situation.
find
quote
#7
(05-31-2014, 11:54 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: If one of the older bios does not have it's DXE's and PEI's signatures verified, then we can mod it.

Ultrakiller was just talking about re-encrypting the rom manually. This is relating to the entire rom and not the DXE and PEI, so it's not relevant for this situation.

Bummer. Guess that I was grasping for straws there. Sad
After re-reading thru it, I see what your saying....

It appears that there are, for now, no "BIOS Tweak" options for this series of notebooks, thanks to the "locking down" done by HP. Maybe soon (hopefully), your research into bypassing the RSA sig check thing will be successful. I'll keep an eye out on your blog for the developments.

Thanx for your help!

Wink One thing I did learn out of all of this; the next time I'm ready to buy a laptop, I'll be sure to check here first to see what the options are.
find
quote
#8
(05-30-2014, 01:47 PM)Nukys Wrote: *Update* Adding a couple of more files that might be of some assistance;

1) SLIC.log of 03387F16.BIN generated by Phoenix Tools
http://www.sendspace.com/file/2lifbi
2) Backup of my BIOS from Universal BIOS Backup Toolkit
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5xmh0

Info; - My DM1-4142nr is already running the F16 BIOS.
- This F16 BIOS can be decrypted by Phoenix Tools (hence the SLIC, etc files)
- Created BIOS from Phoenix Tools will not run w/Insyde Flash. I get
the famous "bios corrupted/digital signature" message.
- The only reason that I am after "Advanced Menu" access is to enable AHCI.
- If there was some way perform the "falseclock" UEFI method on my pooter,
that would be great! I tried following the guide and had no luck booting to a
UEFI environment. I don't believe this to be a "full" UEFI BIOS. Any other
alternatives to try?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated,
Thanx again!

Hey Like my DV7 7190sf cant be unlocked and I like you, don't have AHCI. BUT I do have RAID, and AHCI is a subset of RAID so in single HD setup it will pass the trim command and you will have all the speed of AHCI. On certain chipsets it will also work with RAID 0.

Well i hope that RAID option is available

(05-30-2014, 11:08 PM)donovan6000 Wrote: Thanks for the donation! Big Grin

Unfortunatley your bios, like most HP bios made around the end of 2011, cannot be modded due to signature verification checks. One of these checks verfieis that the DXE has not been modified, and will brick if it has been modded. And unlocking the tabs requires modding the DXE. Sorry Undecided

UPDATE:

Sorry, I just saw now your on AMD which suggests no intel RAID :-(
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)