Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 76
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424333
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3597
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 261
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 192
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 291
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224246
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119154
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 266
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6773
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 386
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61950
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 605
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20260
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169228
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6315
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 808
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5776
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61171

[Request] GA-8I915PMD Bios unlock
#1
Hi Smile
I have an old packard bell computer with this motherboard and i would like to unlock its bios (with OC option if you can) and if it's possible to insert a win7 slic.

Here are the motherboard speccy specs :
Motherboard
Manufacturer NEC COMPUTERS INTERNATIONAL
Model GA-8I915PMD
Version PB34306902
Chipset Vendor Intel
Chipset Model i915P/i915G
Chipset Revision 0E
Southbridge Vendor Intel
Southbridge Model 82801FB (ICH6)
Southbridge Revision 03
BIOS
Brand Award Software International, Inc.
Version 10J
Date 02/23/2006

the bios i extracted using the BIOS backup tool :

.zip   AwardSoftwareInternational,Inc.-10J.zip (Size: 241.8 KB / Downloads: 123)

and the one i extracted using Gigabyte @Bios utility:

.zip   GA-8I915PMD.zip (Size: 241.93 KB / Downloads: 103)

Thank you for your help Smile
find
quote
#2
Hello, I have exactly the same pc and I want to install win7, can you please tell me what file do I need to download and what do I need to do exactly to upgrade my BIOS?
Thanks in advance. Mus[/align]
find
quote
#3
Hi I have an old Packard Bell Imedia 1508/2 which has a Gigabyte GA-8I915PMD motherboard with Intel chipset i915p/i915g. Now the BIOS is Award version 10f but I cannot find any BIOS updates anywhere.

What i'm really looking to do is to 'unlock' this motherboard in order to upgrade cpu, ram etc and fix some windows 7 compatibility issues.

Any help would be much appreciated as I am currently stuck with this machine and want to make the best of it with some parts I have laying around.
find
quote
#4
Can you post the current BIOS image hat you have for the board? Depending on the chipset there is only so much you can upgrade on the system. Please post a current copy of the hardware in the box and the current BIOS image as an attachment.

Regards,
TheWiz
www find
quote
#5
Motherboard make and model:
GA-8i915PMD (Gigabyte Grantsdale Rev 1.0)

Bios version that i like to see modded:
SUND_PB.10J (shows up in System BIOS version as 10J)

Link to official BIOS:
ftp://ftp.packardbell.com/pub/itemnr_old/6983960200

The file is a .exe file which can be opened with UniExtractor then you get a IMA file which you will need to unpack with WinImage in order to get to the .BIN file. Ive tried to unlock certain settings myself and flashing the BIOS numerous times with the modded BIOS version. But the things i need for this build are simply not showing up for me.

The reason i want this oldy to be unlocked is not because of overclocking it but rather underclocking/downclocking it in order to save power. And make a NAS out of it using FreeNAS and stick it to the Synology and all those other NAS companys with their expensive hardware that dont even come with HDDs in them. I would be grateful if there is/was or will be a unlocked BIOS for me. Thank you in advance regardless.

I will attach the .BIN file as well incase who ever wants to mod it doesnt wanne go through the hassle of extracting it from the .exe file.


.bin   SUND_PB.10J.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 85)
find
quote
#6
Hi all,

the forementioned motherboard is probably a proprietary variation specifically built for the Packard Bell Imedia 1548. The thing is that it supports only 3 GB of RAM, no matter what I do and where I put the (working) DIMMs, I can never go past the 3GB limit. Now my question is: can it be a limitation written in the BIOS? If so, where can it be? My version is 10J, upgraded from 10F, but no changes in the memory limit.

Thanks to all those who will take time to answer!

Best regards,

Paolo.

BTW, I am attaching latest bios I found:


Attached Files
.bin   SUND_PB.10J.BIN (Size: 512 KB / Downloads: 6)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)