Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 796
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108040
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1314
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3541
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9214
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8765
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14361
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425649
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3845
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 534
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 725
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227600
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119719
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6999
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 622
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310593
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62224

[Request/Help] HP M7-n109dx InsydeH2O
#1
Hi,

I've been trying to figure out how to manually look into or change some settings into this BIOS for quite a while (days). Having it completely unlocked would be ideal, but I doubt that is possible. My issue is that my bios does not see my M.2 SSD, and I've concluded that it is a BIOS setting that is hidden (I've checked all other hardware compatibility possibilities), but I am unable to actually find out what's in there. This is the most limited BIOS I have ever come across! Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

HP Envy M7-n109dx
InsydeH2O BIOS Rev. 5.0
Filename: sp73896.exe <---Link
Version: F.24 Rev.A

I also dumped my BIOS to a .fd file with the Linux DD utility if that would be of help.
find
quote
#2
Okay, through a bunch of research and tinkering I was able to get a little further...

I was able to obtain an unencrypted dump of my current BIOS via the UEFI way (I accessed the EFI partition from an Ubuntu Live USB stick). The BIOS has been updated since my last post to version F.25, but is still severely crippled. After obtaining the dump, I was able to use H2OEZE to access the default setup menu settings (which do seem to be incorrect for my M.2 SSD situation). Doing all that has led me to a couple questions:

Can I just patch the .bin with H2OEZE and replace the current BIOS in the EFI partition and "re-flash" from there?

If not, can I somehow use the EFI Shell method to manually change the settings by using the corresponding numbers in the left hand column of the H2OEZE setup menu editor (are those numbers even relevant)?
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)