Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 13999
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 106
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424456
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3619
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 283
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224531
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309723
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169321
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[Request] Hp pavilion g6 bios unlock
#1
hello, i need the bios to be unlocked (hidden settings) for overclocking purposes.

laptop site: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/sel...el/5202446
Windows 7 64 Bit.
find
quote
#2
What is your platform name or BIOS/Project ID?
There is three BIOS inside your BIOS download, need to know which to look at for your system.
0165CF6A, 0165EF6A, 03564F6A
find
quote
#3
(12-18-2018, 05:42 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: What is your platform name or BIOS/Project ID?
There is three BIOS inside your BIOS download, need to know which to look at for your system.
0165CF6A, 0165EF6A, 03564F6A

03564F6A
find
quote
#4
(12-18-2018, 05:42 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: What is your platform name or BIOS/Project ID?
There is three BIOS inside your BIOS download, need to know which to look at for your system.
0165CF6A, 0165EF6A, 03564F6A

Any luck with it?
find
quote
#5
This BIOS is RSA signed/encrypted, I don't think you can flash modified version. BIOS is already set to Full User Access. I'm sure some of these settings are not visible to you, but I checked and there is nothing relating to overclocking anyway so nothing to unlock in that regard even if it was no RSA signed. I see a P-States setting (Auto), Cool and Quite (Enabled), Multi-core (Auto), usual fan/thermal controls and that's about it for CPU related controls.
find
quote
#6
(01-02-2019, 02:03 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: This BIOS is RSA signed/encrypted, I don't think you can flash modified version.  BIOS is already set to Full User Access.  I'm sure some of these settings are not visible to you, but I checked and there is nothing relating to overclocking anyway so nothing to unlock in that regard even if it was no RSA signed.  I see a P-States setting (Auto), Cool and Quite (Enabled), Multi-core (Auto), usual fan/thermal controls and that's about it for CPU related controls.

I need to disable Cool and Quiet, maybe older version of the bios is moddable or the RSA check is only in InsydeFlash?
find
quote
#7
Do you have flash programmer? If not, then you can't test if RSA is only in flash (Which I doubt anyway). You need flash programmer to recover from brick BIOS if it's signed and you force flash it in there and it doesn't boot due to RSA.

You can disable cool and quiet via grub / setup_var, or maybe even via H2OUVE. Let me know if you have programmer, if not I will show you how to try and change via setup_var, then if that fails we try H2OUVE
find
quote
#8
(01-02-2019, 09:57 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Do you have flash programmer?  If not, then you can't test if RSA is only in flash (Which I doubt anyway).  You need flash programmer to recover from brick BIOS if it's signed and you force flash it in there and it doesn't boot due to RSA.

You can disable cool and quiet via grub / setup_var, or maybe even via H2OUVE.  Let me know if you have programmer, if not I will show you how to try and change via setup_var, then if that fails we try H2OUVE

I got spi programmer but i don't know which chip is the BIOS one.
grub / setup_var won't boot on my laptop.
Also question out of topic:
Is it possible to make this bios support one cpu which is for Socket FS1r2, i got Socket FS1 but the cpu for Socket FS1r2 fits into Socket FS1
find
quote
#9
Grub will boot, you just have to figure out how to set all that up and boot from USB. But, you have programmer now, so no need.

Show me image of the board and I'll tell you what is BIOS. Then you confirm by dumping (Read, verify and then save only if verified), then upload and I will check the files.

On the CPU question, I am not sure, does that work on any desktop or systems that you know of, have you seen anyone report that CPU works in that socket on any system? If yes, then microcode insert may fix it, if you've seen zero reports of success then probably not compatible even though it fits.
find
quote
#10
(01-03-2019, 03:49 AM)Lost_N_BIOS Wrote: Grub will boot, you just have to figure out how to set all that up and boot from USB.  But, you have programmer now, so no need.

Show me image of the board and I'll tell you what is BIOS.  Then you confirm by dumping (Read, verify and then save only if verified), then upload and I will check the files.

On the CPU question, I am not sure, does that work on any desktop or systems that you know of, have you seen anyone report that CPU works in that socket on any system?  If yes, then microcode insert may fix it, if you've seen zero reports of success then probably not compatible even though it fits.

On google  they said  that the cpu won't work even after bios update, no one tried modding manually tho. Ok i'll send you the images in PM.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)