Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Today 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424125
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3552
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 211
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 161
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 249
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1223723
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119094
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 235
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6735
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 350
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309490
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61903
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 563
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20215
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169135
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6259
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 765
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5734
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 8930(G) BIOS Unloc...
Last Post: xeper8x8
09-21-2026 10:04 PM
» Replies: 59
» Views: 61104
How To Add SLIC 2.1 To An Intel Motherbo...
Last Post: Argogo
09-21-2026 11:15 AM
» Replies: 75
» Views: 274943

[Request] IMISR-VM Penryn Quad-Core Support
#1
Hi there!
This is also in the AMI Bios mod as I would also like Overclock functionality to my mainboard but putting it here as well so CPU experts can maybe advise.
I am a newbie to BIOS modding so I have no idea if this is even possible or not...
It would be brilliant if my IMISR-VM board could operate a Core 2 Quad Q9100 - it is a PGA478 chip so it might work??
From what I understand is if the BIOS doesn't have the microcode for the CPU then it won't work... So is there a way to program the Penryn Quad-Core processor microcode into my mainboard?
What tools can I use to maybe mod my own BIOS as I'm keen to get into this sort of thing...

Thanks in advance!
thatubuntuguy
(Bios upgrade file attached)


Attached Files
.zip   IMISRVM_v0117.zip (Size: 954.66 KB / Downloads: 3)
find
quote
#2
Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.
find
quote
#3
(07-01-2018, 01:18 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Post screenshots of first (CPU) & third (Mainboard) tabs of CPU-Z with current CPU.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!
Here is the CPU-Z output...
(BTW it is OC'ed using FSB increaser)
Thanks
thatubuntuguy


Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
       
find
quote
#4
Your laptop is based on GM965 chipset. It support maximum FSB=800Mhz.
Attached BIOS (version 0117) has support for Penryn core. So T8100, T8300, T9300 & T9500 are recommended for upgrade.

A few motherboards with Socket P (even with PM45 chipset) can boot quad cores CPUs. It's hardware incompatibility.
But you can try the motherboard's mod for quad core CPU supporting:
find
quote
#5
(07-01-2018, 01:31 PM)DeathBringer Wrote: Your laptop is based on GM965 chipset. It support maximum FSB=800Mhz.
Attached BIOS (version 0117) has support for Penryn core. So T8100, T8300, T9300 & T9500 are recommended for upgrade.

Hi!
That's brilliant news then!
"Maximum FSB=800Mhz" that's weird though because how did I get my FSB to 1041Mhz using setfsb? Is it fake increase or something because benchmarks show a big difference and is noticeably faster. Also will it support Core 2 Quad processors as well with my FSB increase tool to 1066MHz??
Mobo cannot overvolt with current BIOS so is a bit unstable at 1066Mhz FSB (Blue screen) presumably down to voltage deficiency?? (I don't know so sorry for dumb questions! Confused Huh ). 
Also it is not a laptop, but a rather odd desktop mini ITX mobo from an RM Ecoquiet 965!  Big Grin

Should I upgrade to T9500 or try to mod my bios to try and get a 1066mhz processor in???

Thanks
thatubuntuguy
find
quote
#6
You can try BSEL mod 1066->800 for CPU with FSB=1066Mhz and overclock FSB.
find
quote
#7
Hi!
Thanks for getting back so quickly - respect!
Is the BSEL mod where you jump the pins on the bottom right corner?
But how would I know if there is core 2 quad microcode in the bios? Or unless you know that already...
(edit= saw your edit about hardware incompatibility..)
Many thanks
thatubuntuguy
find
quote
#8
Quad cores & dual cores CPU use the same microcode. But your motherboard doesn't support quad cores CPUs.
About BSEL mod 1066->800 you can read there - https://www.bios-mods.com/forum/Thread-R...#pid113800
find
quote
#9
Hi!
Ok, so I am getting Core 2 Quad Q9100 much cheaper than T9900. If I wanted to go down that route where would I get the modified APIC table for my mainboard (unless the one in your link will work for mine and is like a universal thing.)
So as per my understanding after viewing the thread on quad core CPU on dual core mainboard, if I do BSEL then there is no need for the soldering thing in step one, but I will still need to insulate the pins specified, load the custom apic table and quad core is running??
Thanks for your patience! I don't really know and I don't want to mess things up.
(edit = I did not see your original edit, had reply window open while reading guide)
Many thanks
thatubuntuguy
find
quote
#10
BSEL mod doesn't replace Core 2 Quad mod.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)