Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14000
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424466
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3620
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 285
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 206
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 307
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224536
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119172
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6789
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 408
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309726
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61965
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 624
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20279
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169323
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6352
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 827
[REQUEST] Acer TravelMate B113-E BIOS Un...
Last Post: rt400
09-22-2026 07:39 AM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 5797

[Request] Lenovo Yoga 900 BIOS Unlock / AHCI enable (attached BIOS fd)
#51
(09-20-2016, 10:38 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: That's nice job!
There are 3 hidden tabs detected:Advanced, Power and Configuration (or Security).
Please confirm if they all unlocked.This mod for your laptop only, it contains some private data such as serial numbers of mainboard,mac-addresses,windows licence key.I'm strongly recommend you delete uploaded dump.Another users get laptop CLONE if they used this bios dump to recover laptop.Don't run any backup utilities so modder Oleh aka Dudu2002 can easy find changes in SetupUtility module.After that he can use this solution as himself work in future.
I cannot detect whitelist checking module (it seems Lenovo not use it anymore).You can try to install any perfomance wlan module to check if whitelist present.After that i can disable it so you can install any wlan adapter.
This request solved now, so i have no interest to mod this bios.
However let's give great modder Oleh aka Dudu2002 to try find solution Smile
P.S.There are some ways to disable bios rewrite protection:
-patched Descriptor region of bios with rewrite permissions
-disable bios lock in bios Setup.
As you can see, there is possible to unhide advanced settingsSmile

The mod added more info to the main tab, openened the advanced tab, and opened the power tab. These settings are everything I could ever imagine needing, the advanced tab is very detailed. I will look into figuring out ways for others to patch their own bioses, thank you for all of your help.
find
quote
#52
(09-20-2016, 10:58 AM)Bownairo Wrote:
(09-20-2016, 10:38 AM)Da Vinci Code Wrote: That's nice job!
There are 3 hidden tabs detected:Advanced, Power and Configuration (or Security).
Please confirm if they all unlocked.This mod for your laptop only, it contains some private data such as serial numbers of mainboard,mac-addresses,windows licence key.I'm strongly recommend you delete uploaded dump.Another users get laptop CLONE if they used this bios dump to recover laptop.Don't run any backup utilities so modder Oleh aka Dudu2002 can easy find changes in SetupUtility module.After that he can use this solution as himself work in future.
I cannot detect whitelist checking module (it seems Lenovo not use it anymore).You can try to install any perfomance wlan module to check if whitelist present.After that i can disable it so you can install any wlan adapter.
This request solved now, so i have no interest to mod this bios.
However let's give great modder Oleh aka Dudu2002 to try find solution Smile
P.S.There are some ways to disable bios rewrite protection:
-patched Descriptor region of bios with rewrite permissions
-disable bios lock in bios Setup.
As you can see, there is possible to unhide advanced settingsSmile

The mod added more info to the main tab, openened the advanced tab, and opened the power tab. These settings are everything I could ever imagine needing, the advanced tab is very detailed. I will look into figuring out ways for others to patch their own bioses, thank you for all of your help.


Hey I had come here but had been busy this past month Sad . You guys are amazing !! that's so awesome, is there any hope that we will be able to flash this bios to computers that have not soldered a programmer onto their chip?
find
quote
#53
Hey, could you send me the modded bios or explain what I need to change to get advanced menu, I have all tools and programs to do it I just havent found proper way to enable that menu. Thank you
find
quote
#54
Hello everyone,

I'm a BIOS SW eng and I just bought Lenovo Yoga 900s Smile what a coincidence )) I'm going to mod my yoga tomorrow, I have a programmer, but not sure it supports W25Q64. Clip is not a problem. If you can provide the information how you have actually patched the dump it would save me a lot of time.
find
quote
#55
(09-30-2016, 04:06 AM)rucoder Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm a BIOS SW eng and I just bought Lenovo Yoga 900s Smile what a coincidence )) I'm going to mod my yoga tomorrow, I have a programmer, but not sure it supports W25Q64. Clip is not a problem. If you can provide the information how you have actually patched the dump it would save me a lot of time.

I had no luck with the 900s. Tried with two programmers with a soic 8 clip and also tried to solder a soic 8 clip cable to the pins. I was unable to read out anything (with battery & power removed). Tried all possibilities.

But if you have any luck, please share the details.
find
quote
#56
(10-02-2016, 03:07 PM)notz Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 04:06 AM)rucoder Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm a BIOS SW eng and I just bought Lenovo Yoga 900s Smile what a coincidence )) I'm going to mod my yoga tomorrow, I have a programmer, but not sure it supports W25Q64. Clip is not a problem. If you can provide the information how you have actually patched the dump it would save me a lot of time.

I had no luck with the 900s. Tried with two programmers with a soic 8 clip and also tried to solder a soic 8 clip cable to the pins. I was unable to read out anything (with battery & power removed). Tried all possibilities.

But if you have any luck, please share the details.

Have you tried to pull HOLD pin up ? I think you cannot do it with 0 ohm, but 1k should probably do the trick. I just cam back to work today and have not opened my Yoga yet. There must be some FET/other driver which controls this pin because SW can control it. Anyway I'll try to read SPI NOR sometime this week and send an update. I'm not going to return my Yoga so sooner or later I'll make it to run Linux
find
quote
#57
(10-03-2016, 01:05 PM)rucoder Wrote:
(10-02-2016, 03:07 PM)notz Wrote:
(09-30-2016, 04:06 AM)rucoder Wrote: Hello everyone,

I'm a BIOS SW eng and I just bought Lenovo Yoga 900s Smile what a coincidence )) I'm going to mod my yoga tomorrow, I have a programmer, but not sure it supports W25Q64. Clip is not a problem. If you can provide the information how you have actually patched the dump it would save me a lot of time.

I had no luck with the 900s. Tried with two programmers with a soic 8 clip and also tried to solder a soic 8 clip cable to the pins. I was unable to read out anything (with battery & power removed). Tried all possibilities.

But if you have any luck, please share the details.

Have you tried to pull HOLD pin up ? I think you cannot do it with 0 ohm, but 1k should probably do the trick. I just cam back to work today and have not opened my Yoga yet. There must be some FET/other driver which controls this pin because SW can control it. Anyway I'll try to read SPI NOR sometime this week and send an update. I'm not going to return my Yoga so sooner or later I'll make it to run Linux

No, i haven't tried that.
find
quote
#58
Great news! Lenovo just release a new bios with AHCI support!

http://support.lenovo.com/ru/en/products...s/DS119354
find
quote
#59
Hello.
I need to unlock advanced settings (to pre-allocate 96 mb in dvmt) 

Laptop model: Lenovo YOGA 900 13isk (4 Pro)
Bios manufactorer: winbond
Bios version: C6CN39WW

Attached is that I used SPI-programmer+SOIC8 to read the bios chip content.
(I am not good at English, I am using translation software, please forgive me.)
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)