Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:

Password:

[-]
Latest Threads
[Request] Acer Aspire Z1620 (h61h aio v1...
Last Post: spingernexx
Yesterday 06:09 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 103
[REQUEST] Lenovo G505 (82CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: khaos
Yesterday 04:15 PM
» Replies: 155
» Views: 55116
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y50-70 (9ECNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: FCR28
Yesterday 10:59 AM
» Replies: 1971
» Views: 661028
Asus Prime b250m plus, RAM compatibility
Last Post: Slayery777
Yesterday 06:23 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 113
[REQUEST] Bios Unlock Request Clevo W230...
Last Post: happycrazyman
04-23-2024 03:53 PM
» Views: 89
Rog Strix B650E-F BIOS File Extraction
Last Post: panmetrix24
04-23-2024 11:25 AM
» Views: 107
[REQUEST] Lenovo G50-70 (9ACNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Pipo89
04-23-2024 06:47 AM
» Replies: 236
» Views: 69549
[REQUEST] Acer Nitro 5 AN517-41 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: onetapxdf
04-23-2024 03:37 AM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 1340
[REQUEST] Lenovo G400S (7BCNxxWW) Whitel...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-23-2024 03:14 AM
» Replies: 203
» Views: 70544
[REQUEST] Lenovo V570(c) (44CNxxWW) BIOS...
Last Post: d3m3n7r
04-22-2024 05:20 PM
» Replies: 18
» Views: 11154
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y520-15IKBN (4KCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: ati90
04-22-2024 05:02 AM
» Replies: 64
» Views: 36986
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: SteamTug
04-22-2024 04:24 AM
» Replies: 1734
» Views: 545413
[REQUEST] Lenovo G410 (79CNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: Dudu2002
04-22-2024 03:58 AM
» Replies: 53
» Views: 10777
Asus h110m-a & xeon e3-1280v5
Last Post: Brutoloco
04-21-2024 08:22 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 553
[REQUEST] LG GRAM 14T990 Unlock request
Last Post: riclausk
04-21-2024 12:15 PM
» Replies: 16
» Views: 4241
[REQUEST] SLIC 2.1 for ASRock 880GM-LE F...
Last Post: amijim
04-21-2024 10:27 AM
» Views: 129
[REQUEST] Dell Alienware 15 R3 BIOS Unlo...
Last Post: jason.exe
04-21-2024 03:44 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 185
[REQUEST] Samsung NP450R5G unlock hide s...
Last Post: magg
04-21-2024 12:54 AM
» Views: 188
lenovo e595 20nf bios spw unlock
Last Post: vsteez
04-20-2024 07:56 PM
» Views: 179
uefi mod for mac pro 1.1/21. support xeo...
Last Post: victorgbrmrr
04-20-2024 01:17 PM
» Views: 194

Request: Supermicro C2SBX+ motherboard possible hidden menus for memory settings?
Heart 
Hi for everyone of us who know how to mod Phoenix BIOS. Heart

We have a serious problem with our Supermicro C2SBX+ Intel X48 chipset motherboard and it's XPM profile function narrow success of adjusting different memory settings correctly.

Could someone of us check and add them, if the latest attached beta BIOS of the board has any hidden menus for that kind of timing settings for memory / possible CPU clocking?

Obviously we would like to unlock every one of the hidden menus, if there are such.

The X2SBX.zip file has the C2SBXp1.113 file, that is the latest beta BIOS .ROM file.

Kindest regards,
We of Us, continuously changing familycommunityorganism of all life, ca. 100 trillion/billion XY-chromosome cells and about 6,7 x 10^27 atoms from 60 atomgroups.

Attached Files
.zip   X2SBX+.zip (Size: 754.81 KB / Downloads: 7)
find
It´s kind of funny, that when we go to the Supermicro support FAQ and check for overclocking, they state that C2SBX+ motherboard is capable of OC...

http://www.supermicro.com/support/faqs/faq.cfm?faq=8106

...but when we go to BIOS, and try to overclock our Intel Extreme Edition QX9770 processor, the bios gives only 3 options for multipliers: X6 / X7 / X8 and the default option which is the X8 multiplier.

When we open the C2SBXp1.ROM BIOS file with the Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro v. 2.2.1.3 there are options for X27 multiplier, but the "S_Default" option and the "M_Default" option are both marked as "Default".

So does those two markers lock the multiplier to that highest X8 multiplier that is available at BIOS settings???

We are novice with this Phoenix BIOS Editor Pro software, and we're not sure if there are any hidden options for the memory settings, but if someone could just check them up, we would be grateful. Heart
find
Somecells of us have downloaded the Attached BIOS...

Any news, and how about the questions abowe about the BIOS modding of locked multipliers.

Kindest regards,
We of Us...
find
Hello all of you,

I could unlock more options for the "frequency ratio" setting. In your BIOS, it can actually go up to "x27." If I were any of you, I wouldn't set it that high, but I can unlock a few more settings up from "x8."

Sorry to disappoint you all, but I am not an overclocker. I am interested in the subject and know a bit about it, but I have never actually done it.

~Steven

(06-18-2014, 01:18 PM)We of Us Wrote: Somecells of us have downloaded the Attached BIOS...

Any news, and how about the questions abowe about the BIOS modding of locked multipliers.

Kindest regards,
We of Us...

EDIT: All of the options for the "frequency ratio" setting seem to already be there when I look at the menu in the hex editor. It probably does not show up in your BIOS image due to a function in the BIOS that disables it. A way to easily circumvent this is to use NVRAM registers. I will tell you all the register that you need to modify in a moment.

Reading/Writing the CMOS NVRAM:
Code:
Reading:
symcmos -v2 -LDefault.txt    ; "Default.txt" is an example file name

Writing:
symcmos -v2 -UModified.txt   ; "Modified.txt" is an example file name

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Hello all of you,

The CMOS NVRAM register for modifying the CPU "Frequency Ratio" option is 0201 .

Here are some of the values that you can set the register to and their corresponding options:

Default: 0000
x6: 0001
x7: 0002
x8: 0003
x9: 0004
x10: 0005
x11: 0006
x12: 0007
x13: 0008
x14: 0009

For example: If you wanted to change the frequency ratio option from "x8" to "x9," you would do the following:

1.) Boot into your DOS flashdrive and type the write command below. If it does not work (Ex. It says that something could not be found), type "C:\" first. Then proceed with typing the read command below.
2.) Open the symcmos NVRAM Token Table dump (obtained from the read command below) text file in notepad.
3.) Search for "0201" (this is the register for the frequency ratio setting).
4.) Replace "(0201) [0003]" with "(0201) [0004]". The (first column) contains the registers. The [second column] contains the register values. These values correspond to the options for each BIOS option. These are the ones that you will be modifying.
5.) Boot into the DOS flashdrive and use the write command shown below. Be sure to replace "Modified.txt" with the name of your own text file.

Reading/Writing the CMOS NVRAM:
Code:
Reading:
symcmos -v2 -LDefault.txt ; "Default.txt" is an example file name

Writing:
symcmos -v2 -UModified.txt ; "Modified.txt" is an example file name

You will need to create a bootable flashdrive or CD with DOS on it to do this. Then you will need to copy this file onto it:
.txt   SYMCMOS.exe.txt (Size: 78.24 KB / Downloads: 10) . This file is the symcmos program. Remove the ".txt" extension from the file before you use it. I had to add it, because the uploading of ".exe" files is not permitted on this site (for security reasons).

Please ask questions if you need help!

~Steven

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
Ok.

Now we managed to find more information about that SYMCMOS stuff and did as youcells guided us.

When we restarted after we had successfully changed the register 0201 from 0000 to value 0004, the computer didn't post up at all, and we had to do hard reset for the BIOS to make it operating again.

So either the register for the multiplier is not that 0201, or then this BIOS has more things controlling it than that one register. Sad

Can anycells help us more?

Kindest regards, Heart
We of Us...
find
Could I get a copy of your NVRAM dump (text file)? This would help me to better identify the register problem.

www find
Here youcells have what you asked for.

This is the basic version with 0201 at 0000.

BTW... Is the register 0201 for "Frequenzy High ratio" as the C2SBX+ manual states?

> Advanced Processor Options
> Access the submenu to make changes to the following settings.

> CPU Speed
> This is a display that indicates the speed of the installed processor.

> Frequency Ratio (Available when supported by the CPU.)
> The feature allows the user to set the internal frequency multiplier for the CPU.
> The default setting is Default.

> Frequency High Ratio (Available when supported by the CPU.)
> The feature allows the user to set high ratio internal frequency multiplier for Intel
> SpeedStep CPUs. The default setting is x12.
> Note: If a wrong ratio that is not supported by the CPU is selected, the system may
> hang. If this happens, clear CMOS to recover the system.)

If it is, then it doesn't work with our Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 processor, since it doesn't have that Intel SpeedStep function. Smile

Attached Files
.txt   PERUS.TXT (Size: 7.07 KB / Downloads: 5)
find
Ok. Wink

We just tried to use that BIOS's manual Frequenzy Ratio X6-X8 option, which is in "Default" usually and processor at 3,2GHz.

At X6 multiplier = 2,4GHz the computer did start to windows.

At X7 multiplier = 2,8GHz the computer didn't post up and had to hard reset the BIOS again.

At X8 multiplier = 3,2GHz (default speed of the QX9770) the computer didn't post up and had to hard reset the BIOS again.

So there is something messed up with the manual Frequenzy ratio settings on that latest beta BIOS of C2SBX+ motherboard, because even the X8 (= Intel default) multiplier is not working.

We really think that we need some hacker to get the source code of this Phoenix BIOS and then hire some professional to build up a totally new BIOS for us. Big Grin
find
Hello all of you,

Your BIOS is somewhat strange. I will not be able to further help you with overclocking as my only 2 methods didn't seem to work for some reason.

I will however, look to see if there are other options/menus that could be added to your BIOS. For overclocking, you would have to see kizwan, but he hasn't been on in a long time...

~Steven

www find