Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
Today 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 6369
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
Today 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14010
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
Yesterday 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 112
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
Yesterday 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 424499
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
Yesterday 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3626
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 295
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 212
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 315
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1224629
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119178
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 278
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6793
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 418
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 309747
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 61975
[REQUEST] Lenovo E31-70 (AFCNxxWW) BIOS ...
Last Post: kristian6237455372
09-27-2026 11:04 AM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 630
[REQUEST] HP dv6-6c51ca whitelist remova...
Last Post: johnyn2005
09-26-2026 12:52 PM
» Replies: 20
» Views: 20286
[REQUEST] Lenovo B590 (H5ETxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: katri
09-26-2026 02:03 AM
» Replies: 281
» Views: 169379
[Request] Dell Optiplex 3040M 7th Gen CP...
Last Post: DeathBringer
09-25-2026 12:35 AM
» Replies: 10
» Views: 6357
[Untested] Dell OptiPlex 3040 H110 – Cof...
Last Post: gonza20889
09-23-2026 02:02 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 833

[Request] Thinkstation S30 Ivy Bridge Support
#41
(01-12-2018, 08:23 AM)DeathBringer Wrote: I understand. With it you should receive only Lenovo label.

Well, It's pretty much dead at this point.  I erased the chip and then flashed back to the dump I made beforehand.  soldered it back to the board and same thing, board doesn't even power up anymore.  I've gotten it to kick on momentarily a couple times, fans come on for a second and then it powers down.  I don't think I got a good dump of the ROM on the chip in the first place.  I probably needed a 16 pin SOIC adapter.  The adapter I was using only has 8.
find
quote
#42
(01-12-2018, 10:46 AM)N00b-un-2 Wrote: I probably needed a 16 pin SOIC adapter.  The adapter I was using only has 8.  Here's a picture of it.
No, it's usual normal adapter. Only eight pins are used for this chip.
[Image: SOP16-SOIC-16-SOIC16-Pin-IC.jpg]
find
quote
#43
THen I have no idea why it won't power on anymore.  I must have damaged something on the board.  I'm looking for some kind of fuses but not seeing anything.  One of the things I dislike about OEM computer hardware is it's typically not well documented, not like consumer motherboards that are well labeled and have freely available schematics.
find
quote
#44
I have a working S30 board that I'd be interested in getting this going for.

I think the issue that occurred for the previous poster is that he didn't mention that the security chip changed between the two boards to facilitate the change from IME v7 to IME v8.

MT type 0568, 0569, and 0606: STMicroelectronics ST19WP18 for TPM function, TCG 1.2-compliant
Others MT types: STMicroelectronics ST33TPM12LPC for TPM function, TCG 1.2-compliant

Its a whole different TPM chip. Think this info helps?

Here's the full spec sheet showing the differences in the boards. Chiefly it's the STMicro chip, but you might notice something more?

http://psref.lenovo.com/syspool/Sys/PDF/...ok/S30.pdf
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)