Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 806
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108089
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1316
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9220
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8771
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14370
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425676
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3848
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 538
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 726
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227744
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7003
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 627
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310643
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62234

[Request] Toshiba Satellite L505D menu unlock, will donate
#1
I need help unlocking the advanced menus on a Toshiba Satellite L505D InsydeH20 BIOS v3.5 please.

(The L505D has a very common problem where the USB ports and sound simply stop working about a year after buying the laptop: http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Audio-Sound...d-p/172564 I think it could be a BIOS setting problem, and want to try tweaking the advanced settings. Also, I need to tweak the memory window so I get a full 4GB of RAM on a 64-bit OS, rather than 3.5GB.)

I am happy to donate via PayPal if you can help me (especially if you don't just say "here you go", but explain what parts of the BIOS you modified and how you knew which parts you needed to modify, or if you can point me to a post that details everything. I want to learn something here, but threads with 600 pages of posts with the most useful information buried on page 393 don't help me much).

I acknowledge and understand the risks inherent with BIOS modding, but please tell me if you think there's any chance that the modification you made might not work.

A huge THANK YOU in advance!

BIOS download link:
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/...v6v110.exe ("ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.10 for Satellite L500D/L505D (PSLV6U)")

Screenshots of current BIOS (which is probably version 1.0):
http://web.mit.edu/~luke_h/www/screenshots.zip
find
quote
#2
Hey -- I still really need some help with this. Is anybody able to assist, please? Or can somebody please point me to some basic instructions about Insyde BIOS modding? I am very familiar with hex editing etc.

Thanks in advance,
Luke
find
quote
#3
Luke, i know this is a long shot but did you ever have any luck getting this bios unlocked?
find
quote
#4
No, sorry, nobody ever replied. (I no longer have this laptop either.)
find
quote
#5
I have one of these laptops too. My USB and audio are both dead as well. I don't see it being a BIOS issue to be honest. I think it would be something physical. But I'd like to see an updated bios. SecureBoot/EFI would be neat since I'm thinking of upgrading to Windows 8. I could also throw a few bones at someone for their effort.
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)