Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 809
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108091
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1317
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3544
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9223
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8773
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14372
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425682
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3849
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 539
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 727
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227769
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119727
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 391
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 7005
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 628
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310648
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62236

[Request] Toshiba Satellite P775-S7148 WIFI Whitelist Removal
#1
Hello,
 
I’m attempting an eGPU setup for my laptop with zero luck in getting windows to detect my mPCIe adapter card.  
The adapter I’m using is PE4C V2.1a, EVGA GTX 750ti video card, Corsair CX430M PSU.

  I believe my BIOS is whitelisting the mPCIe port for the wifi card.   I want the whitelisting of the wifi card/port removed so the port will become available and allow windows to detect the eGPU.  Currently the wifi card is listed in PCI devices, not in PnP devices using AIDA64. 

 
I’ve attempted every conceivable variation of timing/hot swapping etc of graphics card as mentioned on the DYI eGPU forums at TechInferno and nothing I’ve done will allow windows to recognize/detect the card.  I’ve uninstalled the wifi card, deleted the drivers, and disabled the port.  If I plug the wifi card back in windows immediately recognizes it and installs the drivers.  This makes me think the BIOS isn’t allowing anything besides that wifi card to be installed in that port.  Hope this makes sense.

I hope somebody can help me out with this, I’ll gladly make a donation.  Thanks in advance for your time if you attempt to take this on.

Computer:
Toshiba Satellite P775-S7148, Part Number:   
PBSY1U-06S01W
Intel ® Core™ i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHZ 
(original was i5-2450M)
HM65, Sandy Bridge
RAM 8.00 GB
Windows
  7 Home 
Premium, SP1, 64-Bit
Intel® HD3000 Graphics Family
Link to Toshiba Support Page:
http://support.toshiba.com/support/modelHome?freeText=3253821

BIOS:
TYPE: AMI  
EFI
Date: (10/30/2012)
BIOS:
 
sby1v220
I opened the bios with Andy's tool, from what I can tell it's not RSA locked. 

Link to the BIOS download:
http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/content/support/downloads/sby1v220.exe

Here’s all the information I can find about the wifi card:

Device Properties

Driver Description            Intel® WiFi Link 1000 BGN
Driver Date                        5/1/2011
             
Driver Version                  
14.1.1.3
Driver Provider                 
Intel
INF File                                
oem14.inf
INF Section                        
Install_MPCIEX_GEN_1000_HMC_BGN_WIN7_64
Hardware ID                      
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0083&SUBSYS_13058086&REV_00\4&200004b7&0&00E1
Location Information       
PCI bus 3, device 0, function 0
PCI Device                          
Intel WiFi Link 1000 BGN HMC Wireless Network Adapter
Bus Type:                            PCI Express 
1.0 x1
Device ID:                           
8086-0083
Subsystem ID:                   
8086-1305
Device Class:                     
0280(network Controller)
Device Resource
IRQ:
                                     
65536
Memory                              F7E00000-F7E01FFF



From Device Manager/Details:
Container ID:
{00000000-0000-0000-ffff-ffffffffffff}
Safe Removal Required:
Value:
  false
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[1]
Value:
  00000005
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[2]
Value:
  00000000
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[3]
Value:
  00000002
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[4]
Value:
  00000080
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[5]
Value:
  00000000
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[6]
Value:
  00000000
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[7]
Value:
  0000000
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[8]
Value:
  00000000
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[9]
Value:
  00000001
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[10]
Value:
  00000001
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[11]
Value:
  00000001
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[12]
Value:
  00000001
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[13]
Value:
  00000002
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[14]
Value:
  00000003
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[15]
Value:
  00000001
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[16]
Value:
  00000100
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[17]
Value:
  true
{3ab22e31-8264-4b4e-9af5-a8d2d8e33e62}[25]
Value:
  false
{d14d3ef3-66cf-4ba2-9d38-0ddb37ab4701}[2]   
 Value: true
{f0e20f09-d97a-49a9-8046-bb6e22e6bb2e}[2]
Value:
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 93 00 00 00 09 00 00 00
00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 0F 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
F8 FF FF 86 80 09 1C 05 00 B0 02


EDIT:  10 OCT 2016 
I downloaded Andy's tool, opened up the bios searched the entire thing and couldn't find the white list as described in the sticky.  But I did find that the Bios has assigned Root Port 2 to the LAN.  This is the Port I'm trying to use and cause of my problem.   So I'm thinking this no longer falls into the confines of this section? 
find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)