Forum RSS Feed Follow @ Twitter Follow On Facebook

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
[-]
Welcome
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username:


Password:





[-]
Latest Threads
Add CPU support for Coffee Lake Touch Dy...
Last Post: DeathBringer
Today 02:17 AM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 794
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire 5742(G,Z) BIOS Unl...
Last Post: Ghost-White-Guy
Yesterday 10:26 AM
» Replies: 170
» Views: 108003
[REQUEST] Laptop doesn't see EGPU becaus...
Last Post: Артур
Yesterday 07:00 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 1313
[request] Asus ROG strix G15 2022 (g513r...
Last Post: daxui
10-08-2026 12:04 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3540
[REQUEST] HP EliteBook 8470p Whitelist R...
Last Post: snowc
10-06-2026 12:44 PM
» Replies: 8
» Views: 9213
[REQUEST[ Acer Nitro 5 AN515-46 BIOS Unl...
Last Post: lifeislife93
10-05-2026 03:03 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 8764
Add CPU support Lenovo M715s
Last Post: PapuhDave
10-05-2026 12:35 PM
» Replies: 9
» Views: 14355
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15IAH7 BIOS unlo...
Last Post: yigmayo
10-04-2026 03:07 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 251
[REQUEST] Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E330 (H3E...
Last Post: kolnew
10-04-2026 08:48 AM
» Replies: 653
» Views: 425636
Dell Optiplex 5070 SFF i9 9900K
Last Post: DeathBringer
10-04-2026 01:43 AM
» Replies: 4
» Views: 3842
Extracting BIOS - Samsung Galaxy Book 3 ...
Last Post: mirroreduser
10-02-2026 09:12 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 533
[REQUEST] HP Pavilion g6-1b87cl WiFi Whi...
Last Post: AkiNakano6055
10-02-2026 12:32 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 332
Asrock Z890-C Bios Mod
Last Post: xul8tr
10-01-2026 12:51 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 723
[REQUEST] Lenovo G580 (5ECNxxWW) Whiteli...
Last Post: frozik1990
10-01-2026 11:55 AM
» Replies: 1735
» Views: 1227568
[REQUEST] Acer Aspire VN7-791(G) BIOS Un...
Last Post: Whiter
10-01-2026 06:19 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 119715
Modifying Aptio V BIOS to disable non-fa...
Last Post: KappaDev
09-30-2026 09:16 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 387
[Unlocked] Acer Aspire One D255E
Last Post: ananinami
09-29-2026 01:26 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 6998
FANPEEC S210 i9-10980HK
Last Post: geometryczny@tlen.pl
09-29-2026 07:14 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 620
[REQUEST] Lenovo Z410 & Z510 (8DCNxxWW) ...
Last Post: anntoxx
09-28-2026 02:28 PM
» Replies: 504
» Views: 310590
[REQUEST] Lenovo Y70-70 (9ECNxxWW) White...
Last Post: Dooglas
09-27-2026 11:31 AM
» Replies: 92
» Views: 62223

[Request] Unlock all bios features of my Samsung R710-AS03IT Phoenix
#11
Thank you very much for donation! It is much appreciated!

I am glad the BIOS mod worked out! Once you upload screenshots, I will check to make sure nothing important is being hidden in the screenshots you upload.

Wake on LAN may require some other configuration to be set as well? I will check for other settings that might handle this feature.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote
#12
@Sml6397
I did not forget this ! Smile  But now I had time for a bit of testing an taking screenshots. It seems WOL is not working. I don't know if it is a OS problem (tried many things with my debian linux). Also VT-D and / or TXT shouldn't be activated. -> Notebook boots but don't seems to get to the OS boot menu (grub). I've uploade a screenshot containing  PDF here: Link - it shows all menus. Smile
find
quote
#13
(09-29-2021, 05:01 PM)nommu Wrote: @Sml6397
I did not forget this ! Smile  But now I had time for a bit of testing an taking screenshots. It seems WOL is not working. I don't know if it is a OS problem (tried many things with my debian linux). Also VT-D and / or TXT shouldn't be activated. -> Notebook boots but don't seems to get to the OS boot menu (grub). I've uploade a screenshot containing  PDF here: Link - it shows all menus. Smile

Hello,

Very helpful screenshots! Thanks. The "Physical Presence operations" Menu sure is weird. Even the capitalization is strange. EDIT: Maybe it doesn't have information or settings under it because the Security Chip State is set to "deactivated" which disallows user configuration of the chip (probably a good thing unless you really, really know what you are doing? - I certainly wouldn't mess with a TPM that is in use)

Guess I'll have to explore further for settings that could be handle WOL functionality...

Are you able to change VT-D and TXT under the pictured Penryn CPU Control Sub-Menu to enabled or are they inaccessible? Or did you mean they say "Disabled" in the BIOS but they are actually enabled when you use your computer?

Did the notebook boot before the BIOS mod? If so, did you enable AHCI? I don't know about that specific Linux distro, but I know Windows 7 and below will require you to install some special drivers if you enable AHCI.

!!!!!PLEASE READ!!!!!! Our Ukrainian friends are undergoing atrocities right now and need support. There are two things you can do for starters:

1.) Donate to one of various organizations offering medical, military, and psychological support to those impacted: Support Organizations

2.) Combat misinformation on social media. 

Also, please feel free to PM me if I have not replied again about your BIOS mod request after 5 days.
www find
quote


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)